The NFL and the National Anthem

25 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

I have a simple solution.  Stop playing the national anthem before an entertainment event. It's not played before every movie and TV show.  Why did they start playing it at sporting events?

I hope this answer your question why did they start playing it at sporting events ? https://briancain.com/blog/the-history-of-the-national-anthem-at-sporting-games.html

Edited by mikeusa
change it
  • Like 1

The Nazi national anthem is known as Die Fahne hoch:

"Die Fahne hoch must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for Die Fahne hoch. During Die Fahne hoch, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the Swastika is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of Die Fahne hoch may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

It doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination does it?  Compulsory nationalistic rituals at sporting events??? Fuck's sake!!

Land of the free? Sort yourself out America.

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

The Nazi national anthem is known as Die Fahne hoch:

"Die Fahne hoch must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for Die Fahne hoch. During Die Fahne hoch, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the Swastika is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of Die Fahne hoch may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

It doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination does it?  Compulsory nationalistic rituals at sporting events??? Fuck's sake!!

Land of the free? Sort yourself out America.

It is now revealed, we have antifa in our forum

Image result for antifia

And we thought the RLC spies were a pain in the ass :biggrin:

Just now, Thestarider said:

It is now revealed, we have antifa in our forum

Image result for antifia

And we thought the RLC spies were a pain in the ass :biggrin:

Haha! I'm European mate so I'm not going to apologise for being AntiFascist!!!

What would your American grandparents think of what is happening to your country, the disappointment they would have!

Yes they would be very disappointed it what has become of national patriotism, They would be even more disappointed in what today is called political correctness. My mother who is 86 years old and seen things from the dirty thirties to WW 2, from 60's flower power to 80's of Regan democrats, from radio to television to cell phones and everything between. A Life long democrat who believes the republicans of today are more like the democrats of old and has changed parties. Voted for President Trump. has been pilfered by Obamacare because she is old and should be dead. I asked her what she thought about the NFL deal, and she told me she is disgusted with how young people today disrespect the American traditions and patriotism. She said she never thought she would live to see it.

2 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

I have a simple solution.  Stop playing the national anthem before an entertainment event. It's not played before every movie and TV show.  Why did they start playing it at sporting events?

...and that's exactly how the left destroys the world. Anthem stays!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, timber said:

Is there a way to ignore this forum?

It's annoying seeing all these dumb posts show up on the front page when I visit the site.

Bookmark the forums you only want to see. Avoid the home page like your life depended on it. You're welcome!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

...and that's exactly how the left destroys the world. Anthem stays!

You mean the left that brought us Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, the five day work week, overtime pay ...........?

• Like 1