The Athiest Delusion

I don't care what they say Pirate, I understand what you're saying. I won't reduce life's experience to that of an animal. There is a higher power at work in this universe. I may not understand all of it, but I refuse to believe that my life was for nothing. 

Brainwashed in our childhood 
Brainwashed by the school 
Brainwashed by our teachers 
And Brainwashed by all their rules 

Brainwashed by our leaders 
By our Kings and Queens 
Brainwashed in the open and brainwashed behinde the scenes 

God God God 
A voice cries in the wilderness 
God God God 
It was on the longest night 
God God God 
An eternity of darkness 
God God God 
Someone turned out the spiritual light 

Brainwashed by the Nikkei 
Brainwashed by Dow Jones 
Brainwashed by the FTSE 
Nasdaq and secure loans 
Brainwashed us from Brussels 
Brainwashing us in Bonn 
Brainwashing us in Washington 
Westminster in London 

God God God 
You are the wisdom that we seek 
God God God 
The lover that we miss 
God God God 
Your nature is eternity 
God God God 
You are Existence, Knowledge, Bliss 

The soul does not love. It is love itself 
It does not exist. It is existence itself 
It does not know. It is knowledge itself 
How to know God, page 130** 

They brainwashed my great uncle 
Brainwashed my cousin Bob 
They even got my grandma when she was working for the mob 
Brainwash you while you’re sleeping 
While in your traffic jam 
Brainwash you while you’re weeping 
While still a baby in your pram 
Brainwashed by the military 
Brainwashed under duress 
Brainwashed by the media 
You’re brainwashed by the press 
Brainwashed by computers 
Brainwashed by mobile phones 
Brainwashed by the satelites 
Brainwashed to the bone 

God God God 
Won’t you lead us through this mess 
God God God 
From the places of concrete 
God God God 
Nothing’s worse than ignorance 
God God God 
I just won’t accept defeat 

God God God 
Must be something I forgot 
God God God 
Down on Bullshit Avenue 
God God God 
If we can only stop the rot 
God God God 
Wish that you’d brainwash us too

• Like 1

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Jerusalem is the known house of the Lord, Why should the US settle this longtime issue between the Sunni population and the Shite population, They should grow up after 2000 years of fighting each other and settle this issue themselves. We are going to put our embassy where the government has their parliament. It would be like the US putting their embassy in Dublin or Glasgow !!! I think it belongs in London !!!

Dublin isn't part of the UK - apart from that I don' think anyone in the UK would care where the US puts its embassy because the UK is at peace, even in Northern Ireland. Unlike in the Levant where one group of people has illegally taken the lands of another and is daily tightening its implementation of apartheid.

Why shouldn't we put the US embassy where the parliament is because... is a typical American response to everything. "Why shouldn't we do whatever we want to give us a short term benefit regardless of the lives that are placed in danger because of our immature, shortsighted actions?"

What's most disappointing about all this is that Americans haven't worked out why this is happening now, why this has been chosen to dominate the news cycle. It is a play to focus you all (and of course it has worked) away from matters at home, namely your traitorous President taking Russian brown envelopes and the net that the FBI is pulling taught around him.  He would rather invite a massive terrorist attack by announcing this now to destablise Palestine than have his Russian links discussed in your "free" media, This is the man that you "Christians" support.  The man that is endorsing a pedophile senate candidate in Alabama because he is not a Democrat - Jesus must be so proud of you all.

This thread has been dominated by pious, uninformed religionists that support Donald Trump (!) the irony of that is not lost on the rest of us, it is laughable. What would Jesus do in such a situation, support Donald Trump? Support the Israelis with their social, economic and military apartheid? Have a word with yourselves, you people are about as Christian as the lowest, must inconsequential Al-Qaeda foot soldier. Fundamentalism must be resisted wherever it raises its ugly head, be that from the minority of Middle East Muslims or American fundamentalist capitalist pseudo-Christians.

I wish to hell people could get specific about WHO is the one true god when they're talking about Him, Her, or It.

If you're going to attack Christians, they call their god Jehovah. For Jews, it's YHVA. Muslims, it's Allah. Buddhist's god is both a process and a state of being. Marxist consider the Almight State to be their god and provider.

There are tons of religions in the world with people believing different things, from the Cargo Cult (one of my favorites -- I like free stuff) to the worshipers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to basic Statistics, but ALL RELIGIONS appear to have one thing in common: 

In all cases, Humans consider their "god" to be the PRIMAL CREATOR.

Hence, although I am spiritual, and agnostic, I do not argue with atheists because if they are correct, then there was no creation and hence, they don't exist.

------------------------

As for Jerusalem, if you've got a problem with Israel existing or having its capital in Jerusalem, complain to the UN about it. The UN is the responsible party.

It's none of my business. At least Israelis don't want to kill me or shove their ancient religion down my throat. They are also civilized, educated, and some of their IDF women are damn good looking. http://www.guns.com/2013/03/22/girls-of-the-israeli-defense-forces-37-photos/

First Joey, I have the utmost respect for any soldier doing the work of his country. I come from a family who has had a lot to do with the services. Second Joey this is all freedom of speech which many of us firmly believe in almost more than anything else so opposite points of view are welcome. We must try to avoid insulting each other (except maybe as a reaction to being insulted) and please tell me if I have cause you offence.
I cannot subscribe to some of your views above particularly I would dispute whether outside the holocaust Jews have had a worse time than the black slaves at the hands of Western Europeans, but you have every right to say what you say and I for one want to read it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

As for Jerusalem, if you've got a problem with Israel existing or having its capital in Jerusalem, complain to the UN about it. The UN is the responsible party.

My family had a small part to play ... but I won't go into that.

16 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I think we should move the US Embassy for the United Kingdom to Bath.

The weather's better and the traffic is a breeze compared to London.

Bizarrely the US Embassy is not US sovereign territory, although the JFK memorial at Runnymede is. I find that very bizarre as Runnymede is a massively significant place in the history of England and yet part of it is in America!

The JFK memorial stone at Runnymede, Berkshire

8 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I think we should move the US Embassy for the United Kingdom to Bath.

The weather's better and the traffic is a breeze compared to London.

🌰🌰🌰🌰

🌰🌰🌰🌰

🌰🌰🌰🌰 ❤️😚

3 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

My family had a small part to play ... but I won't go into that.

Apparently, the US Embassy to the UK is the biggest we have in Europe. (You ought to see the size of the Embassy we have planned for Pyongyang!)

Which reminds me, I think my ancestors owe you for a loss of some of your tea in Boston Harbor.

I hope all is forgiven. Now I wish those animals in the Middle East would get their shit together after all these years of abject inhuman stupidity and overthrow their reigning warlords...

On 12/12/2017 at 5:10 AM, Thestarider said:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

In school they took everyone out of assembly who didn't know the Lord's prayer. I did of course but being atheist didn't say it. When they questioned me I said "I know it backwards". Luckily this was in 1960s ... in 1980s I would have immediately been taken into care and my family arrested for Satanism!

• Like 1