Maya & Stepan - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2017)

StnCld316

4 hours ago, bobbysac said:

did anyone see the deer she made ? girl's got talent ,, really good ...

I, and I'm reasonably sure that anyone who has been even occasionally watching the activities of this apartment, has seen not only the deer, but also other portion of the display. I have come to the conclusion that the sculptures etc. she makes are for store displays. The deer and rider composition appears to be a display for eye glasses.

Because her work shop is the apartment, and that the medium she favors is Styrofoam. Which is structurally strong, light weight, and easily carved, or sculpted. Plus it can be added to, as she has done so many times. Using spray foam which, once it cures, is also a workable medium.

The down side of this is, yes there are the trimmings of the sculpting, and the dust of the sanding. All of which shows up plainly on the dark floor.

She spends hours on end doing the sculpting, sanding, and painting. While in the past before her extra curricular activities Stepan has glued himself to the computer. Offering little assistance toward helping to keep the apartment clean. This factor has not changed yet today. But, I am in the opinion, he gets a portion of the profits, in one form or the other, from her work.

The responsibility of the male to do housework (heaven help) evidently is not a taught procedure in the Russian children's  upbringing. End result, with the cats, dog, fish, and the snake, which seems to have disappeared. Even without Maya's projects, and the cosmetic shipping boxes, there is always going to be a given amount of critter hair in abundance.

End result this apartment, also the oldest of all of RLC's apartments, will never be as spotless as Leora's for example. Maya's talents, whether it be sculpting, sanding, sewing, or painting are matched by few.( Definitely not in the Barcelona playrooms.) I find it challenging to try to guess the outcome of her projects at their onset.

IMHO 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scutus said:

I, and I'm reasonably sure that anyone who has been even occasionally watching the activities of this apartment, has seen not only the deer, but also other portion of the display. I have come to the conclusion that the sculptures etc. she makes are for store displays. The deer and rider composition appears to be a display for eye glasses.

Because her work shop is the apartment, and that the medium she favors is Styrofoam. Which is structurally strong, light weight, and easily carved, or sculpted. Plus it can be added to, as she has done so many times. Using spray foam which, once it cures, is also a workable medium.

The down side of this is, yes there are the trimmings of the sculpting, and the dust of the sanding. All of which shows up plainly on the dark floor.

She spends hours on end doing the sculpting, sanding, and painting. While in the past before her extra curricular activities Stepan has glued himself to the computer. Offering little assistance toward helping to keep the apartment clean. This factor has not changed yet today. But, I am in the opinion, he gets a portion of the profits, in one form or the other, from her work.

The responsibility of the male to do housework (heaven help) evidently is not a taught procedure in the Russian children's  upbringing. End result, with the cats, dog, fish, and the snake, which seems to have disappeared. Even without Maya's projects, and the cosmetic shipping boxes, there is always going to be a given amount of critter hair in abundance.

End result this apartment, also the oldest of all of RLC's apartments, will never be as spotless as Leora's for example. Maya's talents, whether it be sculpting, sanding, sewing, or painting are matched by few.( Definitely not in the Barcelona playrooms.) I find it challenging to try to guess the outcome of her projects at their onset.

IMHO 

Interesting about keeping this place clean. Big sister mopped the living room floor yesterday and Stepan even moved his feet when she tried to mop under the computer. He didn't move out of the chair however.

Don't know if Big Sis mopped anywhere else as I find watching somebody mop a floor extremely boring and i logged out. But hey that's life - I get irritated when the vacuum cleaner appears in my house.

Interesting point on store displays. Maya got in yesterday morning with what was obviously some sort of advertising display. She added to it  and left the apmt with the finished product.

• Like 2

Just now, bobbysac said:

it's in free right now 

I hate repetition. I do not see anything because all sites are blocked but thanks for the reply. Can you confirm this by linking the statue that everyone talks about?

8igOjp11xerBOT-MIlRB5Ml_12zNs9ws_NJwd7di

Had hopes for these two after Maya spent a week sleeping at home and they were both friendly to each other. Whilst being civil to each other the last 5 days have been the reverse. Maya slept away 2 nights and came home after 2 am with big sister on another. Times in the apartment are mostly spent in different rooms, normally one of them retires to bed and then gets up when the other one goes to bed. I wish II knew why? Was the boyfriend away for a week?