Another US School Shooting

rammer

10 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

When it comes right down to it, most people that get in his situation have lawyers that at the first opportunity claim that the person they are defending is mentally ill.  In some cases this it true but not all.  I can see that your point is all about taking the guns away and that is just not the answer.  Yes, I'm a gun owner and I love my guns but I don't make them accessible to anyone, much less a deranged individual that will use mental incapabilities as his way out it.  There are two people that know the combination to my gun safes, my oldest brother and my youngest brother.  If one of my kids want to borrow any of my guns to go shooting, then they are more than welcome as long as I am home to hand it to them. My brothers who all have a key to my house would not even it give any of my guns to my kids to go shooting.  That was a rule since day one.  My kids have been brought up around firearms and know how to handle them and I feel safe to let them take them to the range to shoot them as long as I am the one doing it.  So, when people like yourself comes along and wants to take my guns, it does tend to piss me off.  I'm and avid hunter and shooter and that's as far as it goes with me.  I can't speak for every American but I can assure you that the majority are the same way as I am about there guns.  I don't have all the answers as you don't either but I can assure you that taking away the guns is not the answer!!!

Look, we can argue about this as much and as often as you would like to, but taking away guns is not the answer!!  I'm not set on revenge Max, I'm set on an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth!!  Sorry to disappoint you!!

I don't think taking everyone's guns away is the answer...in fact I don't know what the answer is.  My best guess is that it's way too late to do much anyway.  People around the world do actually have guns...rifles, shotguns just like you.  And just like you, they like to hunt.  The answer is certainly not to take those away.  However, when it comes to hand guns and automatics...those have no place.

• Like 2

Are there any current AR-15 gun owners here that feel it would be against your rights to hand them in if they would ever be  banned?  How about a grandfather clause that allows current holders to keep their AR-15 but bans future purchases?  If so, can you explain your opinion why you think this may or may not work for you?   I'm not judging but I'm  trying to start a debate so we can all understand what makes sense to help stop the carnage of our children.            

14 hours ago, rammer said:

Are there any current AR-15 gun owners here that feel it would be against your rights to hand them in if they would ever be  banned?  How about a grandfather clause that allows current holders to keep their AR-15 but bans future purchases?  If so, can you explain your opinion why you think this may or may not work for you?   I'm not judging but I'm  trying to start a debate so we can all understand what makes sense to help stop the carnage of our children.            

We digressed a bit but is there anyone here that can answer my question? 

On 2/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, maxfactor said:

I don't think taking everyone's guns away is the answer...in fact I don't know what the answer is.  My best guess is that it's way too late to do much anyway.  People around the world do actually have guns...rifles, shotguns just like you.  And just like you, they like to hunt.  The answer is certainly not to take those away.  However, when it comes to hand guns and automatics...those have no place.

The AR15 is a rifle, and it's not an automatic weapon. As for handguns, I work in a very dangerous violent crime ridden area of Philadelphia. That's my reality, So how am I supposed to defend myself? Just hope and pray I'm not going to be a victim ? I'm not going to be assaulted and hope help comes for me in time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

The AR15 is a rifle, and it's not an automatic weapon. As for handguns, I work in a very dangerous violent crime ridden area of Philadelphia. That's my reality, So how am I supposed to defend myself? Just hope and pray I'm not going to be a victim ? I'm not going to be assaulted and hope help comes for me in time. 

Do you have a gun Ash?

25 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Do you own a gun Ash?  If not, how are you dealing with it so far?