Girls on Vacation - General Chat Topic (Jan - Mar./2018)

A heartfelt plea to the B4 girls:

Please may we have a quiet evening. I am exhausted after last night. I am sure you are too. If you want to watch a weepy film - or a horror film because with Rosie that can be fun - fully clothed in the LR, I shall even join you. 

If you have different plans, I can't promise I won't watch though ... LOL

5 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

It is measured on those watching at the time over a 20 minute period but I'm sure Sofie knows the peak hours of viewership. The B4 stuff happened later. They also do it in 20 minute chunks starting from times every 10 minutes from the current time. I would have thought that what happened on Jasmin's bed would have had 2 entries near the top but sometimes the Maths doesn't work out right. This is why bates which can hit heights for a short period don't necessarily always get as high as you would think. The amount of times people actually watch the Replay scene is irrelevant.

They do mostly everything in the Off Hours when mostly everyone's in bed.  That way RLC swindles the Cash of Members to cough up Extra for a Replay Feature that should actually be Free.

The Demographics of Paying for Something that's Missed just doesn't add up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

That way RLC swindles the Cash of Members to cough up Extra for a Replay Feature that should actually be Free.

Of course it should be and should always have been. I can't imagine it would have been that difficult to program in from the start. I have designed archiving architecture myself which in terms of complexity of data make this look like recording the throw of a dice. The main issue is server space. You have to work out an algorithm but the implementation of such an algorithm and the linking to the accounts etc is nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

They do mostly everything in the Off Hours when mostly everyone's in bed.  That way RLC swindles the Cash of Members to cough up Extra for a Replay Feature that should actually be Free.

The Demographics of Paying for Something that's Missed just doesn't add up.

Or by ensuring that the bandwidth is insufficient such that buffering and frozen video occurs when everyone is looking at the same action.  More cash for RLC by making them pay to see it in replay.  But clearly there are those with so much money that they sub to the replay continuously and are satisfied to watch after the fact based on feedback from this forum.  They replay feed is always perfect. :dodgy:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Or by ensuring that the bandwidth is insufficient such that buffering and frozen video occurs when everyone is looking at the same action.  More cash for RLC by making them pay to see it in replay.  But clearly there are those with so much money that they sub to the replay continuously and are satisfied to watch after the fact based on feedback from this forum.  They replay feed is always perfect. :dodgy:

RLC has a method to their madness.  Someday it will catch up with them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ed2 said:

What is your name there?

I'm ed2 there too.

Same name for me as here, I registered there one day when we had problems posting on camcaps, and one of the admins there is also admin here on CC, so I went to talk to him about it.