Leora & Paul - General Chat Topic May - 2018

54 minutes ago, european said:

i worked for 45 years and 6 days a week.

That's commendable, but why only six days per week?  Sorry!  I'm joking with you.🤣   So in that case, be reasonable toward Paul, Yes, sometimes he has Wednesdays off but then works Saturday, if he works Wednesday he usually has Saturday off. Personally. compared to when he was unemployed, he does a good enough days work to compare with many men. Remember my friend, if as you say you worked for 45 years then you are " old school " and it's what we did in them days, and it was classed as normal, but times have changed and so have attitudes, Unions have become stronger, and " youngsters " today demand and enjoy more social time than we did., they call it progress, but I'm not totally convinced that all changes make for a better world. History will judge I guess.

So in my eyes Paul is not workshy  ( only  when he is home ) he is a product of the Millennium, and many of them belong to the generation of entitlement, they want today at 20-30 what it took our generation 40-50 years to get, and for far less effort.

I'm not sure obviously where you come from, so my views are solely applicable to how I see the world here in the UK, not everyone will agree with me, but that's their prerogative and I respect it. 😊 

• Like 2

I don't know what Paul does for a living now. Nobody has forwarded this information to me in a PM. I assure you he is not a CamCaps moderator. His compulsory military service is over. But he's skilled in engineering, and engineers work with computers all day. They only solder, repair, or fix things like directional antennas for fun. I do not think he spends all his time playing video games like many of the other male tenants. He is not a stupid oaf. He is intellectually driven. He's got an enigmatic woman, who apparently loves him more than skunks or squirrels. I cannot see his computer screen..

Such is my speculation now. I have no more hard data upon which to depend. Sadly, my CamCaps special team was unable to fit Scooter with a DogCam.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1