Critique of the new CC rule of no general chat-topics.

The Apartment of B #2  and B #4 are going to be Separated.  B #2 will be going back to it's Original Setting where it once sat. Once I get that Completed I will move the B #2 Topics to it's respective place.

Any Chat in the General Topic must Pertain to the Apartment in that Topic. If you want to talk of the other Apartments then the Post will have to be placed in the Proper Apartment it was intended for. There was just to much Off Topic Stuff going on in the Barcelona Topic that it created a lot of Unnecessary Pages that was not needed for the Topic.

• Like 3

Just now, happyone said:

will you please split barca 2 and barca 4 into 2 separate apartments so that we can talk about them apart from each other rather than lumping them

together under girls on vacation

Yes B #2 and B #4 are going to be separated. I am working on that now.

• Like 1

I want to say thank you to Admin for this compromise, StnCld for the work he will have to do, and all the other Mods for helping to bring this to a 

satisfactory solution, I hope, for the majority of the CC participants and for the Administration., 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, happyone said:

I want to say thank you to Admin for this compromise, StnCld for the work he will have to do, and all the other Mods for helping to bring this to a 

satisfactory solution, I hope, for the majority of the CC participants and for the Administration., 

We do appreciate the Admin chiming in, and we feel we provided a good compromise, and hopefully a good solution. 

As always when there changes, it will cause some growing pains, so please bear with us as we get everything set up.

And to all of you who voiced your opinion, We do listen even though at times I know you feel we don't.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this change, and helped to find a solution. 

BTW keep on posting a creating those topics, and building your points to use in the members shop.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, StnCld316 said:

B #2 has been Created.  Any Further Discussion for that Apartment must Take Place in that Board and not here at B #4.

Stone I think this thread will become dead now, maybe we should lock it to further posting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thestarider said:

Stone I think this thread will become dead now, maybe we should lock it to further posting.

I'll lock it up at in a couple of hours incase someone still has any further Questions then they aren't being discussed in another Topic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

We do appreciate the Admin chiming in, and we feel we provided a good compromise, and hopefully a good solution. 

As always when there changes, it will cause some growing pains, so please bear with us as we get everything set up.

And to all of you who voiced your opinion, We do listen even though at times I know you feel we don't.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this change, and helped to find a solution. 

BTW keep on posting a creating those topics, and building your points to use in the members shop.

Thank you Rider, for listening to us, and for giving us honest answers! I think this sollution will benefit us all, andI might even take part in the creating of separate topics.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Just to chime in on a few things. First thing, while I might "own" the forum, I don't really consider it mine, it belongs to the community. My job is mostly technical, I try to stay hands off so that I don't inadvertently direct or influence the conversation. Secondly, this change was done for several reasons and it's certainly not set in stone, it's more of an experiment.  When search engines crawl the site having one or two threads makes it appear as though there is far less conversation or interest in the topic. Particularly lately there have been a lot of sites popping up that use blackhat seo techniques and spam to boost their rankings, this has negatively impacted the rankings for CamCaps as we don't spam or use blackhat techniques. When our ranking drops we aren't able to reach as many people. My goal is/was to increase the topic count to show that there is more than just one or two threads (even if they are 100+ pages long). Additionally,  I tend to think that new visitors will be more inclined to participate if they see several different topics rather than one large thread, it can be hard to follow a conversation if it takes place over 50 pages. With that being said, I can understand your complaints and I think that we can come to a compromise. Fundamentally, this was done solely to increase participation and posting, if it's having the opposite effect then we need to address it.  I will work with the mods to see if we can come up with a better way to go about this. 

I totally understand your concern and want to emphasize that I am on board with it.  Whatever it takes to get more people involved and not the same 10 to 15 posters is great with me.  I think you do an outstanding job and realize when something needs to change.  Keep up the good work as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I must say or it wouldn't be me is this......The Admin and the mods have once again given in to the very people (the 10 to 15 people that have been mentioned)  that put up the most posts in this forum.  This will solve nothing as far as new membership is concerned!