The Climate Change Thread

3 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

No...but you can tell a lie for so long that the idiots believe it and you're able to extract every dollar that you can out of their pockets in your quest to push this bullshit. I almost wish that I could be around to see the Polar Bears romping across Texas.

The polar bear BS ran out of steam since there are more polar bears than ever...they have turned to arctic ice melt to keep the narrative going.  They use a measurement of ice melt in the arctic only since the late 1970's in an effort to scare people into believing that it is a once in a forever thing.  They ignore the fact that it completely melted in 1924 an again in 1939...but going back that far doesn't work for their lies.  However, that BS will fail sooner or later and they will move to another  BS theory.  Global warming, starving polar bears arctic ice melt...all BS...NEXT?   The left is desperate to ruin capitalism and western values.  They see climate change and some autistic 16 year old as a disruptor that suits them fine.  Add the alphabet people and perceived racial intolerance if someone farts the wrong tone...or worse...a cow farts and you have the current recipe of disruption fed through social media by Russia, China and other enemies of the US and it's allies. It's all about wealth redistribution...pay us money, stop making things, stop burning fossil fuels, cycle, don't take the car, use wind power to get across the ocean and climate change will be solved.  In short...they want power and they want to scare everyone into doing exactly what they are told.  

• Like 2

Not the most riveting narration, but this guy has some excellent points.

8 hours ago, Alladino said:

The opposite is the case. I tend to be very objective, strongly interested in scientific facts and critical of populism. I don't just accept information, I question it and also consider motives for misinterpretation. 

One thing I particularly dislike is seeing science through the perspective of politics. Science is about facts, one should not simply ignore an observation based on a political argenda.

Politics begins when knowledge has to be brought into the social context and decisions have to be made. This is not always easy, because most of the time positive and negative effects come together and a balance must be found. 

Well...you claim to like scientific facts and bla bla bla… this might clarify the facts and how selective science is distorting the argument and fooling people like you!

Not the most exciting narration, but factual none the less...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Not the most riveting narration, but this guy has some excellent points.

Well...you claim to like scientific facts and bla bla bla… this might clarify the facts and how selective science is distorting the argument and fooling people like you!

Not the most exciting narration, but factual none the less...

Already discussed. 

The "Global Cooling" hype of the 70s has much to do with the still very isolated consideration of various climate influences at that time and with the always existing tendency of the media to report in the direction of extrem. 

I think the following video illustrates this pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

Already discussed. 

The "Global Cooling" hype of the 70s has much to do with the still very isolated consideration of various climate influences at that time and with the always existing tendency of the media to report in the direction of extrem. 

WTF? does this have to do with ice melt in the arctic?...as usual keep on moving the ball and hope people are too dumb to notice.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Alladino said:

Already discussed. 

Another one for you to chew on Mr Gullible 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 3:49 PM, Ridgerunner said:

I see where Joaquin Phoenix was arrested at Jane Fonda's climate change rally in Washington D.C.  Wonder if he flew to Washington in his private jet? :biggrin:

All the other jokers were there as well 😏

• Like 1