The Climate Change Thread

16 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Check the link Spy. It opens for just a second then goes into a 404 error code. I even searched it on the site itself. Nuttin!

I wanted to read that.

WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM

Fossil traces of an ancient rainforest were just unearthed in West...

Here is what I get after a spit millisecond on the actual article.

Search

RSS

Live Science is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Sorry! Page not found.

The page you're looking for has either been moved or removed from the site.

Please try searching our site or start again on our homepage.

Live Science is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site.

© Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036.

• 4 weeks later...

AOC and other politicians keep saying that climate change models show that we only have 13 years or less to save our planet.  Computer models could not even closely predict the death toll from the coronavirus in the U.S., so why should we have any faith in climate change computer models which attempt to predict decades into the future. Like the defenders of  the covid-19 models keep saying, the models are only as accurate as the data fed into the model. How could anyone possibly know what all data to feed into a model to accurately predict what the climate will look like 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years from now.  But we are suppose to immediately make radical changes to our economies and ways of life based upon these model predictions? :huh::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

A nation divided: Polar vortex to unload historic Arctic blast in the East as blistering heat roasts the West

Mother Nature at her best and worst as the case may be !!!!

Climate Change of course is causing all this mayhem !!!!

A contorted jet stream — with a massive bulge of high pressure in the West and a downstream dip, or trough, in the East that resembles tall ocean waves — is cleaving the United States into two seasons. This weather pattern is leading to record heat in the West and Southwest, including Arizona, California, Nevada and New Mexico, while record cold descends upon the Midwest, Ohio Valley, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast as a result of a lobe of the polar vortex.

a close up of a map: Computer model projection from the European model showing unusually warm air over the West, and unusually cold conditions in the East on Friday, May 8, 2020. (Pivotal Weather)

• 4 weeks later...

Models are a tool at times: they are not the scientific method nor are they data.

I have questions. Something doesn't seem logical or scientific about this entire subject. I understand political power is important; but it should never be more important that logic or the scientific method. One hell of a lot of money and human slavery are involved in whether we accept fallacious outcomes or not.

After decades of predictions that were wrong, I am skeptical.

1588367841929.gif

On 5/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, Thestarider said:

A nation divided: Polar vortex to unload historic Arctic blast in the East as blistering heat roasts the West

Mother Nature at her best and worst as the case may be !!!!

As usual, we know who is to blame... 😁

Blame.thumb.jpg.788fbcf1339cc29cfdd39cd11f59e01a.jpg

• 4 months later...