The Climate Change Thread

25 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Governments don't know shit about Climate. If you lie to the  The Temperatures are still the same today as they were 30 years ago.   

Makes me laugh when following the recent flooding we had (uk) they said this is the worst flooding this town has had since 50 yrs ago. Oh so they admit we had flooding 50yrs ago at least, so it isn't a recent climate change problem then eh lol. I can tell them something else as well we had much better summers 50yrs ago too lol. Like king Canute couldn't stop the waves we can't stop natural nature events happening.

12 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Makes me laugh when following the recent flooding we had (uk) they said this is the worst flooding this town has had since 50 yrs ago. Oh so they admit we had flooding 50yrs ago at least, so it isn't a recent climate change problem then eh lol. I can tell them something else as well we had much better summers 50yrs ago too lol. Like king Canute couldn't stop the waves we can't stop natural nature events happening.

That is the exact same thing the US news reported---but of course they blamed it on climate change. :sad:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's all a Hoax to get Billions of Tax Dollars.   Governments don't know shit about Climate. If you lie to the Government you go to Jail or Prison. When your Government Lies to You it's Politics and they get away with it.  The Government Ponzi Scheme has been going on for Century's and the Sheeple keep believing in all this BS.   Spend Billions today and in 20 years all that gets spent won't make a fucking bit of difference.  So all the David Suzuki's , Al Gore's and all the Greta Thunberg's can all go Fuck Themselves.

Scientists need to go back to class and start with the Petri Dish and the Bunts & Burner apparatus and begin from square one. Maybe they'll get it right the second time around.   The Temperatures are still the same today as they were 30 years ago.   

Isn't it the exact opposite? There is a lot of money in fossil fuels, especially since the start of fraking the USA. If you look at the election system of the USA, you quickly realize how money influence politics. The oil and gas industry and in Trumps case also the coal industy doesn't want an improvement. They want to suppress a simple truth: Climate Change is real and humans are causing it. That's what science figured out. 

If now by a political setting something else is desired, it is far from becoming fact, it is simply on opinion. It is important to face the facts, even if they contradict one's own political position. This does not only apply to Climate Change. 

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

No one can stop natures events.  Look at the United States with all the Hurricanes they get. Those have been happening for Centuries.  You live near large masses of water you can expect flooding.  If you live in Tornado Alley you can expect your home to be destroyed every so many years. If you live near a Volcano you can expect every so many years you'll be buried in ash. You live near large density Forests you can expect fires at any time.  When Weather events happen it's just the luck of the draw.  What are People going to do when the Earth stops turning.  We'll all become Flat Human Pancakes all at the same time floating around in the Atmosphere. Then in another Million Years after that we'll all get a chance to come back and do it all over again.  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Thestarider said:

Image may contain: text

Most of it already more than answered:

On 7/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Alladino said:

Ozone deplition:

Unfortunately, it hasn't disappeared yet. The global effort to prevent ozone depleting chemicals shows first results. The hole in the ozone layer is recovering.

WWW.NASA.GOV

For the first time, direct observations of the Antarctic ozone hole show evidence of recovery due to the 1987 Montreal Protocol's ban on a class of...

The interesting thing is that this example shows very well that with the right action a catastrophe can be prevented. 

Acid rain:

Something similar applies to the acid rain, by the way. Here, too, Changes in the actions of the people have led to a reduction in chemical emissions and thus greatly reduces the effect. One example of this is catalytic converters in passenger cars or corresponding requirements for industry. These measures reduce the emission of nitrogen oxides, which is one of the main causes of acid rain. 

It is a pity that this did not happen worldwide. For example, in large parts of Russia and China there is still the problem of acid rain.

WWW.CONSERVE-ENERGY-FUTURE.COM

Causes, effects and solutions of acid rain: Acid rain refers to a mixture of deposited material, both wet and dry, coming from the atmosphere...

Ultimately, even if not implemented globally, another good example of how the right behaviour can prevent problems. 

Global warming and Climate Change

These two topics ultimately describe the same problem. Again, with the right behavior, we can greatly reduce the effect. Now it's time to act right and not to pretend as if there is no issue at all.

CLIMATE.NASA.GOV

Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Climate Change and Global Warming. Current news and data streams about global warming and climate change...

On 10/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Alladino said:

The "Global Cooling" hype of the 70s has much to do with the still very isolated consideration of various climate influences at that time and with the always existing tendency of the media to report in the direction of extrem. 

I think the following video illustrates this pretty well. 

Here's another video on the subject. 

I think it is important to understand how clear the view on Climate Change of science is today and which fields in this topic are still under discussion. Maybe the following video gives a personal insight. 

10 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Really what happened to the dinosaurs when the earth went from 130* to the Ice Age ?? The earth used to be very hot, the earth is gradually going back to the way it used to be & you can't blame man for it

OMG the left wing Democrats missed the chance to blame Trump and add it to their bogus impeachment claims. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Really what happened to the dinosaurs when the earth went from 130* to the Ice Age ?? The earth used to be very hot, the earth is gradually going back to the way it used to be & you can't blame man for it

No...but you can tell a lie for so long that the idiots believe it and you're able to extract every dollar that you can out of their pockets in your quest to push this bullshit. I almost wish that I could be around to see the Polar Bears romping across Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

So you're gullible too?   LOL

The opposite is the case. I tend to be very objective, strongly interested in scientific facts and critical of populism. I don't just accept information, I question it and also consider motives for misinterpretation. 

24 minutes ago, happyone said:

OMG the left wing Democrats missed the chance to blame Trump and add it to their bogus impeachment claims. 

One thing I particularly dislike is seeing science through the perspective of politics. Science is about facts, one should not simply ignore an observation based on a political argenda.

Politics begins when knowledge has to be brought into the social context and decisions have to be made. This is not always easy, because most of the time positive and negative effects come together and a balance must be found.