Viktoria & Adolf

Just now, WatcherCC said:

I never said you're defending Adolf H*tler. But you are belittling the issue of choosing Adolf as a name for entertainment purposes knowing how offensive it is to many people. It's probably the most offensive name you could come up with yet you keep on saying that it's just a name.

Image result for adolf hitler cat

I am not belittling anything. My family suffered in the war he started as well. I hate these regime and all nazis with all my heart. My great grandfather gave information to the red army and the Nazis caught him. He never fully recovered of what they did to him and died as a broken man... So I have no reason at all to defend Nazis or Hitler come on...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

I am not belittling anything. My family suffered in the war he started as well. I hate these regime and all nazis with all my heart. My great grandfather gave information to the red army and the Nazis caught him. He never fully recovered of what they did to him and died as a broken man... So I have no reason at all to defend Nazis or Hitler come on...

You are though. To other people it's not just a name. To poke fun at them for having strong feelings about it is in fact belittling them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

So why can't you just admit that this is very bad choice for a name, perhaps even condemn the choice. Instead, it seems like you're ok with it.

• Like 3

Just now, Amy3 said:

You are though. To other people it's not just a name. To poke fun at them for having strong feelings about it is in fact belittling them.

Sorry where did I make fun? I just ask the question where to draw the line and named named responsible for bad things too. I won't ever make fun of it...

• Like 1

Adolf, Mao, and Joe -- nobody mentioned Joe -- are common names, that are independent of the specific people who committed millions of innocent people to death. I think we should derail this to the World Politics section and get back on topic.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Well you see I make no difference. I get not angry about a name and not about a rug which looks like a flag. You see I am consequent.

Yes, you don't care about the feelings of other people. Because it doesn't bother you, it therefore shouldn't bother them, right? But you see it does upset them. Just like seeing an American flag bothered me. What you're saying is that you could care less about how other people feel. What you feel is superior to way they feel and so therefore, they should stop feeing the way they do. Don't you get that?

Just now, WatcherCC said:

So why can't you just admit that this is very bad choice for a name, perhaps even condone the choice. Instead, it seems like you're ok with it.

When you read what I wrote before I said I agree it is a very controversial and unlucky choice. 

Sorry where did I make fun? I just ask the question where to draw the line and named named responsible for bad things too. I won't ever make fun of it...

You did all that in a laughinh manner.  To elicit a laugh from others. To minimize the conversation as if it was pointless.

Just now, Amy3 said:

Yes, you don't care about the feelings of other people. Because it doesn't bother you, it therefore shouldn't bother them, right? But you see it does upset them. Just like seeing an American flag bothered me. What you're saying is that you could care less about how other people feel. What you feel is superior to way they feel and so therefore, they should stop feeing the way they do. Don't you get that?

I only said how I feel about it. For me a name is a name and a flag a piece of cloth to distinguish certain countries. I have no problem when other people have a different opinion. 😉

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Adolf, Mao, and Joe -- nobody mentioned Joe -- are common names, that are independent of the specific people who committed millions of innocent people to death. I think we should derail this to the World Politics section and get back on topic.

Thank you.

Why? It's exactly what VHTV and AlexLina wanted. They are laughing at all of us.

• Like 2