Viktoria & Adolf

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Kim too? What about Erich and Walter? Fidel? Raul? Nicolas? Hugo?

You are belittling the significance of this name. The name Adolf in particular has a very negative connotation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

And of course we shall the ban the name "Mohammed" because of the leader of Saudi Arabia and all suicide bombers who had that name???

But the point is, this is the name he chose or vh or whomever. And it just brings up awful memories. Obviously just because your name is Adolf doesn’t make you a bad person but to voluntarily choose that name when it’s associated with one of the worst humans in history and offends many who have family members or even lived through it, well just seems callous to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WatcherCC said:

It's not basically only a name and you know it.

Just now, Amy3 said:

You are belittling the significance of this name. The name Adolf in particular has a very negative connotation. 

Joseph Stalin was even bigger monster than Hitler, is it the reason why nobody should not use that name anymore? I knew a few Josephs in the past

Just now, Amy3 said:

I am not all these names are dictators responsible for crimes against humanity:

• Kim Il Sung / Kim Jong Il / Kim Jong Un
  • Erich Honecker
  • Walter Ulbricht
  • Fidel & Raul Castro
  • Nicolas Maduro
  • Hugo Chavez

the main problem is that he chose that name. you dont see anyone from the Entertainment industry called

them self's Adolf (and VH is Entertainment).

as a Jewish man living in Israel who grow up with all the story's I find this tacky  and

not appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you take the trouble to read my earlier post you will see that the Russian nation lost over three and a half times the number of soldiers and citizens in fighting Hitler than civilians murdered in the Holocaust. By all accounts therefore you would expect there to be a similar rant on this subject here from forum members related to this Nation given also that they host VH. The fact that there isn't does mean that they don't feel this terrible loss just as keenly. All men are equal aren't they? They have moved on and so perhaps so should we.

• Like 1