Nina & Kira General Chat Topic 2019 #1

They were listening to a guided meditation/sleep program in bed tonight, from 0200-0230.  They were both very calm and focused.  It obviously worked on Kira, but Nina had to get up and pee LOL.  

As a sufferer of insomnia from time to time, I am a firm believer in ASMR, because it works (at least for me).  I hope they continue experimenting with this incredibly calming and effective practice.  

• Like 1

I hope it is just extensions this time, and not the dreaded dredds again (they are laying on the kitchen table).

I like how Butch is positioned on the couch in cam 4: "look at mah BELLY.  LOOK AT IT!"  

I wonder - how long before the Christmas tree comes down.  I forgot how long they kept it up last year.  

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

The Male has the Weiner and the Female has the Bun.  :biggrin:

Honestly I think both Cats are Male. 

BWAHAHA you funny, Stone.  Both cats ARE male, or once were.  Brothers from the same litter N&K rescued them from.  

Okay, you asked for it (well, not really, but I just can't shut up)

Simple, really - through long days and long nights of meticulous observation.  Having two cats myself (notice I did not say 'own'), I know they are creatures of habit.  Such as it is with B & S.  After watching for a time, you pick up on their habits.  Butch is the more active, curious, and naughty one.  Listen carefully how many times either Nina or Kira call out "STEPAN' (Butch) when he is being naughty.  On occasion you hear them scold 'Mitya' (Sundance) but not often.  Butch loves to stalk and pounce on the unsuspecting Sundance all the time.  Butch loves to check out what everyone is eating on the coffee table or kitchen table, and often samples it before they catch him.  Sundance enjoys laying on the table in front of the TV (and sometimes completely blocking cam 4!!!), laying on the arm of the couch with his front legs spread, and also snoozes on the cat tree.  They usually bring Butch into the bedroom when it is bedtime, and Sundance stays out in the living room.  Otherwise they would play all night long and keep our girls awake (well, except not Nina - she can sleep through an earthquake).  Sundance likes to perch on high places - the kitchen pantry, for example - and look down upon his subjects.  Butch loves to sniff out guests at the apt, while Sundance usually chills in the bedroom.  Interestingly, they BOTH love to play "fetch" so it is difficult to determine which is which at play time.  I could go on and on, but you get the idea I think.  Careful observation!  Two cats own me, and I have Fred the Dog.  Pets are a great equalizer, and keep you from taking life too seriously.  🐈 🐈 🐶     

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Simple, really - through long days and long nights of meticulous observation.  Having two cats myself (notice I did not say 'own'), I know they are creatures of habit.  Such as it is with B & S.  After watching for a time, you pick up on their habits.  Butch is the more active, curious, and naughty one.  Listen carefully how many times either Nina or Kira call out "STEPAN' (Butch) when he is being naughty.  On occasion you hear them scold 'Mitya' (Sundance) but not often. 

Thanks for sharing your observations 🙂