Marla & Hector (2019) Part #1

StnCld316

Just now, Amy3 said:

These guys are cool! You know why? Cause they don't give a fuck. They just do their thing, make their money, and go on vacation. Lol😛

No doubt about that. I was joking about the topic. Not about the tenants. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Amy3 said:

What's up? Everything ok?

it's the classic case of good news and bad news, we have a very complicated financial situation and also a lot of thing move with the my job who can greatly interfere with the project
was an half a  month on a big emotional rollercoaster not always 4 the good

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Sorry to hear that. The choices we make juxtaposed against the reality of the environment we live in makes use who we are. It's the limitations this life puts upon us that defines us and shapes us. Accepting that truth can be enlightening. Yes, there is only so much we can do to budge the forces of nature and how our past choices unfolded into the reality that is our life, but there is hope. New beginnings are always possible, if we only look and act even in the face of fear and uncertainty. Unfortunately, nothing comes easy and suffering is required to open these paths. Doing nothing reaps its own rewards. Best of luck!

TBH my biiggest problem, emotionally speakinf, of this last month was a lot of people keep pressuring on "you can just fail"
i'm not the kind of man who consider this a lot, usually, but the power of the tribal drum is very strong if it keep playing non stop
even if you have some good defences.

TBH i really think we can have a new and bright beginning soon, but till some day ago this pressure go really near to crush us.

was a big efforto of will, and a pich of luck, to find the strenght to shrug it off.

As Promised, here the big Report. it's a big wall of text, i warn you.
Part one, the one related to my job:

1.  as someone can remember, i am a Game Designer, wich mean i do design and project to thing can become a game. i have worked in the last ten year on a project
    and we finally reach a big publisher, i cannot tell the name but is one of the biggest in our country.
    he said YES  so now we are working on the final touch cause in a timespan of an year (for publishing it is not a long time) ora game go into the market
  2. The first point is also a very big deal, publisher speak of a once-in-a-era presentation to public, and to six month after that try to move to Gencon, one of the
    biggest place on earth for our kind of product, this is the biggest deal possible in that market.
  3. Now the bad part, if all remain as is, we go soon to sign a non disclosure paper, that means i cannot work in a full streamed home. we have some last develop to do
    and publisher see the product as groudshaking for his genere (pen and paper RPG, to who is curious) so he want to take the best counter-espionage measure possible
    if the discosure remain the same, we became forced to live VH, or to drop a 10 prohect years. i suppose you can obviously guess what is taken between those 2.

Simultaneosly, other things happen:

• As some of you know we don't live of VH, but it help us a lot in a situation when neither i or marla have a "regular job" with a montly paycheck. We are so tied to sellings
    and we produce our material by ourselves so we also must cover the expenses.  to have a little parachute we start a little project (as italians) in uk, with some investment.
    they also went good, TBH, they goes well and build a little parachute so we can live good while the other project go on the market... and then... BOOOOOM. No deal Brexit
    we lose near 5k euros (wich we don't have becaouse the big fund was freezes over the sea) to patch up all the problem linked to that and also we do not receive funds for
    over a month, with a big crash of our mood and lifestile, cause bank goes really near to 0 a lot of times, mainly while the fridge is empty.
  • My dad finally got retired after his Ictus (an year later) but some damn bureoucrat miss something or did something wrong and he don't receive payment this month, neither the next
    so he cannot e well hisself and cannot help us during the emergency
  • On top of this, marla's mom take back the small percentage (who is marla's property from a grandma possession) of money we receive all month just cause she can 

Also, the mood of a lot of people obv is not "wow yoou got crashed in the greatest economic crush of our time" but "it's all your fault cause you trust world and don't have a siderurgical job"

it seems the money issue got closing, at now, and some question remain opened but turning to soome small good, so i still believe ina  new start but.. was tought

@Amy3 @DARKJOKER666 @jabbath1987 @Sparkles

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crerigan said:

1.  as someone can remember, i am a Game Designer, wich mean i do design and project to thing can become a game. i have worked in the last ten year on a project
    and we finally reach a big publisher, i cannot tell the name but is one of the biggest in our country.
    he said YES  so now we are working on the final touch cause in a timespan of an year (for publishing it is not a long time) ora game go into the market
  2. The first point is also a very big deal, publisher speak of a once-in-a-era presentation to public, and to six month after that try to move to Gencon, one of the
    biggest place on earth for our kind of product, this is the biggest deal possible in that market.
  3. Now the bad part, if all remain as is, we go soon to sign a non disclosure paper, that means i cannot work in a full streamed home. we have some last develop to do
    and publisher see the product as groudshaking for his genere (pen and paper RPG, to who is curious) so he want to take the best counter-espionage measure possible
    if the discosure remain the same, we became forced to live VH, or to drop a 10 prohect years. i suppose you can obviously guess what is taken between those 2.

• As some of you know we don't live of VH, but it help us a lot in a situation when neither i or marla have a "regular job" with a montly paycheck. We are so tied to sellings
    and we produce our material by ourselves so we also must cover the expenses.  to have a little parachute we start a little project (as italians) in uk, with some investment.
    they also went good, TBH, they goes well and build a little parachute so we can live good while the other project go on the market... and then... BOOOOOM. No deal Brexit
    we lose near 5k euros (wich we don't have becaouse the big fund was freezes over the sea) to patch up all the problem linked to that and also we do not receive funds for
    over a month, with a big crash of our mood and lifestile, cause bank goes really near to 0 a lot of times, mainly while the fridge is empty.
  • My dad finally got retired after his Ictus (an year later) but some damn bureoucrat miss something or did something wrong and he don't receive payment this month, neither the next
  • On top of this, marla's mom take back the small percentage (who is marla's property from a grandma possession) of money we receive all month just cause she can 

Also, the mood of a lot of people obv is not "wow yoou got crashed in the greatest economic crush of our time" but "it's all your fault cause you trust world and don't have a siderurgical job"

it seems the money issue got closing, at now, and some question remain opened but turning to soome small good, so i still believe ina  new start but.. was tought

Wow, That is rough. I've been on business trip for the past few weeks so I've missed a lot of stuff going on.

I'm so sorry you two are having to go through this but don't you ever give up your dream. Your heart and soul are in this game. I would hate to see you and the lovely Marla go but I would do the exact same thing if given the choice. All I ask is that you two keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

It may be tough now but I fully expect this game to be successful. Just have to get through this rough patch. Whatever you are Marla decide I wish you the best of luck and I'll be cheering for you guys.

1 hour ago, DARKJOKER666 said:

All I ask is that you two keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

It may be tough now but I fully expect this game to be successful.
Just have to get through this rough patch. Whatever you are Marla decide I wish you the best of luck and I'll be cheering for you guys.

You can bet on it, also i have promised a copy if we can go on market in english and if we go to GenCon, we have the english version 🙂

if non disclosure agreement was so stict we have no choice, but we talk and decide we remain till the last moment even if the condition is definitive 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 7:52 PM, Crerigan said:

Hi Guys! 
Life is made of dreams and this is your dream you "just" need to keep chase him. 

Between both projects it seems easy what to choose, specially if the possibility of a "secret room" isn't on the table 

And i thought the bureaucratic issues was only here!! it's a real pain in the ass specially when it's not our fault 

Hang in there 😉