Nina & Kira (2019) Part #2

jabbath1987

2 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

If you want to enjoy all features, dont forget to update

http://www.sweethome3d.com/importModels.jsp

http://www.sweethome3d.com/importTextures.jsp

Got 'em, thanks!  Unfortunately, I didn't see any lesbian sims as an option LOL  

How do these guys make any money, when everything needed is free?  I grew up in the 80s and remember donating to 128-bit shareware gamers through my lightening fast 56k dial-up, but today is a totally different environment.  Love it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Got 'em, thanks!  Unfortunately, I didn't see any lesbian sims as an option LOL  

How do these guys make any money, when everything needed is free?  I grew up in the 80s and remember donating to 128-bit shareware gamers through my lightening fast 56k dial-up, but today is a totally different environment.  Love it.  

They do it just for the fun of it

Sweet Home 3D is an open source SourceForge.net project distributed under GNU General Public License. If you aree good at programming, you can get the source code and contribute - or, design your own furniture

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

SWEET!  My first was the ubiquitous Radio Shack TRS-80 model II.  I saved up a lot of tips from my paper route to buy that sucker.  I still have some true 5 1/4 "floppies"in a box somewhere in my basement lol.  I wonder if they would still boot up...  

• Like 1

And this was the very first, with a tape recorder for storage

Casio_PB100_System_s1.jpg
Casio
PB-100

The PB-100 represents Casio's step towards "real" pocket computers. While its ancestor, the FX-702P, was still called "Programmable Calculator", the PB-100 proudly bears the title "Personal Computer".

However, the PB-100 seems to have been a true low-cost design. Its specifications are clearly inferior to those of its predecessor, the FX-702P, as well as to SHARP's earlier pockets. The limited 12 character display makes BASIC programming and debugging a painstaking endeavor.

In its standard version, it is equipped with 1 KB of RAM which results in only 544 bytes for BASIC, which is really limiting. At least, with the memory module OR-1, it can be upgraded to 1568 bytes of user memory, so it begins to make sense that BASIC memory can be subdivided into 10 independent program areas P0-P9.

Moreover, the keyboard had been reduced to the absolute minimum; at any rate, it provided a QWERTY style layout (the FX-702P had a non-standard alphabetical layout).
On the other hand, the cute little machine is really small and lightweight, a real pocket device.

The main circuits of the PB-100 are basically made up of two chips. Processor logics, ROM, display driver, and keyboard controller are integrated in a single CMOS VLSI chip HD61913, which has an external 4-bit bus. The second main component is a HD61914, which is a 8192-bit static RAM organized as 2048 words by 4 bits.

In 1983, the PB-100 was also released by Tandy Radio Shack as TRS-80 PC-4 and by Olympia as OP-544.

21 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

Why not - if you still have the computer 😄

Probably not.  The oldest I still have in the basement is a Packard Bell 286, but haven't plugged it in in decades.  A couple 80 pound CRT monitors which would probably blow up on activation today.  A couple SPARC V9 pizza boxes down there, too.  When I graduated, they sadly got retired - to the basement.  Today I do everything I need to do on my Sony VAIO.  Times have changed in just 20 years.  But I still know how to hack anything analog!  😉  😁  You want to win a radio call-in contest?  I'm your man! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

SWEET!  My first was the ubiquitous Radio Shack TRS-80 model II.  I saved up a lot of tips from my paper route to buy that sucker.  I still have some true 5 1/4 "floppies"in a box somewhere in my basement lol.  I wonder if they would still boot up...  

I started with one of those Computers as well  Tandy TRS80 Color Computer. Has 128k of memory and ran on Floppies and a Tape Recorder to upload your work to.   Had it upgraded to 256k and cost $150 for the upgrade.  Very easy to write DOS Programs and chugged away on a Dial Up 28k Modem.. Had an Old Daisy Wheel Printer as well that worked with it.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1