Nina & Kira (2019) Part #2

jabbath1987

21 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I started with one of those Computers as well  Tandy TRS80 Color Computer. Has 128k of memory and ran on Floppies and a Tape Recorder to upload your work to.   Had it upgraded to 256k and cost $150 for the upgrade.  Very easy to write DOS Programs and chugged away on a Dial Up 28k Modem.. Had an Old Daisy Wheel Printer as well that worked with it.  

Alas, poor DOS 6.0, I knew him well.  Batch files galore.  Dot Matrix was the cutting-edge shit, was it not?  These youngins will never understand.  I still roll up my Jeep windows with a crank handle.  Ahhh the good old days...

Edited by sturmchaser
minor corrections
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Alas, poor DOS 6.0, I knew him well.  Batch files galore.  Dot Matrix was the cutting-edge shit, was it not?  These youngins will never understand.  I still roll up my Jeep windows with a crank handle.  Ahhh the good old days...

Those were the good ole days.  That's basically all their was at the time was Dial Up Internet.  3GB Hard Drives was the largest when computers began advancing and those were worth $300 to buy. Now they are a dime a dozen.  I can buy a 3TB Hard Drive today for less than that 3GB cost back in the 80's.  I wouldn't go back to those days now even if they paid me to.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, sturmchaser said:

They better do something with that watermelon in the kitchen soon.  I'm surprised it hasn't started leaking from bottom rot.  Yeesh.  

watermelon.JPG  0

The Fruit Flies will invade that Melon. Then Butch & Sundance will have a Hay Day with the Fruit Flies.  Those are the type of foods you buy when it gets used up in the same day or put it in the Fridge.  It's likely Imported as Watermelon is not naturally grown in Russia.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

And start the engine same way? 😂

Haha no sir, my second baby girl is a forest green 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X, with the infamous 4.0 inline 6, made in Toledo, OH.  A few modifications I made myself.  Currently 403,629 miles on her and still going strong.  I'll get her to 500k miles do or die.  You want air conditioning?  Roll down the winder and stick yer head out.  You want music?  Start playing that ukulele in the back.  You want to have some fun?  Buckle up and lemme slap it into 4WD... and away WE GO!   🤠  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Haha no sir, my second baby girl is a forest green 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X, with the infamous 4.0 inline 6, made in Toledo, OH.  A few modifications I made myself.  Currently 403,629 miles on her and still going strong.  I'll get her to 500k miles do or die.  You want air conditioning?  Roll down the winder and stick yer head out.  You want music?  Start playing that ukulele in the back.  You want to have some fun?  Buckle up and lemme slap it into 4WD... and away WE GO!   🤠  

Even in '94 they had radios. :biggrin: Or, did you just remove it? Do you have
music in your rig?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The Fruit Flies will invade that Melon. Then Butch & Sundance will have a Hay Day with the Fruit Flies.  Those are the type of foods you buy when it gets used up in the same day or put it in the Fridge.  It's likely Imported as Watermelon is not naturally grown in Russia.

Nice, I did not know that watermelon was not natural in Russia.  They must have paid a pretty ruble for it then. I think it was bought and intended for the most recent party of friends last week with the redhead, but forgotten during charades.  A shame.  It should have been spiked way before guests arriving LOL.  I fucking hate fruit flies, they are my bane.  I keep bowls of tomatoes in my kitchen because I grow tomatoes in my garden because I love tomatoes, but those little flying bastards always seem to invade.  Butch loves chasing bugs, but Sundance could care less, unless they disturb his sleep, then he gets pissed.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Even in '94 they had radios. :biggrin: Or, did you just remove it? Do you have
music in your rig?

Haha yes, around '96 or '97 I finally earned enough money to buy and install a Sony Xplode system in the Jeep.  20 years later, it still kinda works, but be careful sticking CDs in there, bc sometimes they get stuck, and ya gotta fish them out with snips, which can damage the CD.  So I just keep the radio tuned to 98.7 WMZQ "Today's Best Country" and I'm good to go.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Haha yes, around '96 or '97 I finally earned enough money to buy and install a Sony Xplode system in the Jeep.  20 years later, it still kinda works, but be careful sticking CDs in there, bc sometimes they get stuck, and ya gotta fish them out with snips, which can damage the CD.  So I just keep the radio tuned to 98.7 WMZQ "Today's Best Country" and I'm good to go.  

OMG!! I used to listen to WMZQ all the time...for decades I still get their
newsletter. Small world. 👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

This one?

WMZQ.IHEART.COM

Learn how to listen on your connected home device

The one and only!! Even though they're 50,000 watts, I don't think it
reaches this far. Probably because of the mountains. I've listened to
them before on iheartradio online, but I didn't know I could listen on
Alexa. I have Alexa on my laptop. Worked like a charm. Thanks, Kjeld.

• Like 1