Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

On 9/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, maxfactor said:

Jesus I was not a fan of Bush, mostly because of the Iraq invasion...but holy shit was he ever on the money.  I guess Obama pissed the opportunity to be ready away...didn't he!

Obama left a pandemic team and plan in place when he left the WH.  Trump, your dear leader, is the one who pissed it away.  His negligent homicide count is at almost 210,000 now.  Get your facts in line or stop posting.  We are sick of the lies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Statistics show that for most people the virus is no big deal. The vast majority of deaths were of elderly people with preexisting medical conditions.  

Nothing's changed there, although a lot more less vulnerable have been infected now. But there're a lot more diagnosed cases around now, many asymptomatic. If everyone follows Trump's example, a lot more elderly will die...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

You just demonstrated your belief in another myth.  Carbohydrates from processed foods build up plaque in the arteries, not meat.   

You actually think the meat in a McDonalds Hamburg, Wendy's, Burger King and so on through the fast food chains are 100% beef, they're not. 60% Beef and 40% of Filler. You want an all Beef Burger you basically go to the Grocer and buy it and make your own if you want close to 100%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

You just demonstrated your belief in another myth.  Carbohydrates from processed foods build up plaque in the arteries, not meat.   

I think your mixing up carbohydrates with cholesterol. Carbs raise your glucose levels which is bad if you have diabetes. Cholesterol is what clogs your arteries and cholesterol comes from saturated fats that are found in meat and dairy products. There are alot of trans fats found in processed bake goods though so in that way they also cause plaque build up. Not trying to be a know it all here but I have both diabetes and heart disease so I have to watch everything I eat, I'm of course not a medical professional so I could be wrong, but I found this for more information.

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/cholesterol/foods-that-cause-plaque-buildup-in-the-arteries

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Good one nc2. Being sarcastic about a comment that was made being sarcastic. The comment was certainly not made as if in any actual belief of it😏

Oh yes it was...he did a bad job at pretending he wasn't being serious...

I know sarcasm pretty well, and that wasn't it...😏

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, me0369 said:

I think your mixing up carbohydrates with cholesterol. Carbs raise your glucose levels which is bad if you have diabetes. Cholesterol is what clogs your arteries and cholesterol comes from saturated fats that are found in meat and dairy products. There are alot of trans fats found in processed bake goods though so in that way they also cause plaque build up. Not trying to be a know it all here but I have both diabetes and heart disease so I have to watch everything I eat, I'm of course not a medical professional so I could be wrong, but I found this for more information.

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/cholesterol/foods-that-cause-plaque-buildup-in-the-arteries

Have you ever read Dr. Robert. Atkins " Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution"?  if not, I suggest you read it.  In addition to being a nutritionist, Dr. Atkins is a cardiologist. I know from personal experience that his diet works in controlling weight.   I strictly adhered to the diet for 10 years and during that time maintained my weight at 145 lbs. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Did you read all of my comments, probably not or you would have noticed that I mentioned that more than once it has been used successfully as a treatment, and in the last comment mentioned not a cure. Of course you can believe what you want, but thousands of lives have been saved since it was first discovered as a treatment which was many years ago for those other health conditions, just like it has been successfully used in treating covid19 with some people, I didn't mentioning anything about all people that it has been tried on, but I did mention that while it has been used successfully on some people, it was not on others because everyones body chemistry is different. There's been too many people that just decided there was something wrong with considering it as a treatment option for some people just because Trump was the first one who ever mentioned anything about it being tried and used as a treatment or because it's not an actual vaccine that would be more in line of being considered a cure rather than a treatment. The mainstream media and even many in some of the scientific and medical fields have tried to suppress the evidence supporting that it does work as a treatment with some people just because it was something that Trump mentioned first as well.

Yes

I'm just listening to the experts over here, and it's side effects. I couldn't give a FF what Don says. I'm well aware of it's success in treating other medical conditions Nich...I worked in the health service for over 40 years 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Yes

I'm just listening to the experts over here, and it's side effects. I couldn't give a FF what Don says. I'm well aware of it's success in treating other medical conditions Nich...I worked in the health service for over 40 years 😉

And according to a number of experts over here who have treated patients with hydroxychloroquine for over 50 years in some cases, the side effects are minimal to nonexistent if given in the proper dosage. Tylenol is sold over the counter with no prescription required, but if over dosed Tylenol is deadly.