US General Domestic Politics #10 Begin 10/29/20

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

It means that they are not allowed close enough to see the ballots nor observe the signatures on the certification envelopes. 

yes they have poll workers who are responsible for verifying that. They can't possibly let people from each campaign to verify every single ballot. that would take forever to count. this is not the first election in the USA that they are using this system of voting, many republicans including Trump have been elected using the same System. 

• Like 2

il y a 19 minutes, moos54 a dit :

there was also corruption in 2016 to get Trump elected and he was in power for 4 years, so nothing new is it?

Usually I won't reply you but I have to this time round because this is simply not true.

To be clear, I dislike Trump as a person and as a president but I were an American, I will vote for the GOP.

Trump was elected in 2016 because of various reasons (not corruption) and the most common one is the general mistrust that many voters (aged 35 & above) had against Hillary Clinton. So for sure, corruption did not elect Trump. Trump was elected on a rather fair but perhaps misled process due to the online media smear campaigns against Clinton meant to create confusions. 

Edited by SierraTM
correction

2 minutes ago, Stormshaedow said:

I gotta call you on this. What evidence of corruption for Trump do you have. Because there was plenty for Hilary, long before she because a Presidential candidate. If it's because he didn't win the popular vote, Citizens don't vote for the President. States do. Citizens vote for who represent them at the State level. Whether or not he lived up to expectations is a different conversation...

He probably still believes the Russia/Trump collusion hoax was real. 

15 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

no, they are not banned. Trump campaign has claimed they do not have "Meaningful access" (whatever that means) lol and Rudi Giuliani explained they were not allowed to take binoculars to the polling station  😂

Rudy was most likely busy fiddling with his pants again 😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Yes, it is. But I also think you have problem with how big and alienated the federal level has become from the general population. Just as I'm sceptical to other overnational structures too, like the EU for example. Because it's a good princippal that all power should be at the lowest level possible.

Federal system is not the problem. the problem is that there is disproportionate representation.  

6 minutes ago, Stormshaedow said:

I gotta call you on this. What evidence of corruption for Trump do you have. Because there was plenty for Hilary, long before she because a Presidential candidate. If it's because he didn't win the popular vote, Citizens don't vote for the President. States do. Citizens vote for who represent them at the State level. Whether or not he lived up to expectations is a different conversation...

Haven't we heard of possible corruption from Russia, haven't we heard of the FBI investigation into this and the fact that the person in charge of the investigation was fired by President Trump himself
If he had nothing to be ashamed of, then why did he do this?
I do not claim to know everything or understand everything about what is happening in the United States, but from an outside eye, shady things were also present in 2016 for the election of Trump
This is especially what I have trouble understanding because it's almost illiant to see what Trump is denouncing at the moment, when he was surely elected thanks to that 4 years ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

yes they have poll workers who are responsible for verifying that. They can't possibly let people from each campaign to verify every single ballot. that would take forever to count. this is not the first election in the USA that they are using this system of voting, many republicans including Trump have been elected using the same System. 

So only Democrats should be allowed to count ballots?  We have never had this many mail-in ballots in an election. Trump won in 2016 because almost all the voting was in person. Cheating is easier with mail-in ballots than it is with in person voting.

Oh Saint Trump's is always the same Trump!when he won elections on the last time.In his opinion every thing is good. The law of elections is good and the law of elections in states ( Minnesota. Michigan. Wisconsin. Arizona. Pennsylvania) are cool and good .and the sunrise and singing of birds are so fabouls.But, what is different now SaintTrump himself? because the laws of elections are the same and the electoral system that who announced Trump’s victory in the last time.it's the same,it has not changed too.But what has changed is Trump himself,who what always likes to play by the rules who sets in order by his self to win.Think he will not accept the defeat.because he is alwaysTrump, who that only cares about Trump himeself and still always does that so.Otherwise that,I would be really so goofy and does not read what is between the lines.if I believed in one day SaintTrump will actually goes to care for the interest of the American people.Whoever all his entire life cares only for himself.He will not come in 4 years, and goes to thinking of caring for 350 million Americans.Oh,Have bless all of us Oh SaintTrump. 😋

• Like 1

So only Democrats should be allowed to count ballots?  We have never had this many mail-in ballots in an election. Trump won in 2016 because almost all the voting was in person. Cheating is easier with mail-in ballots than it is with in person voting.

who says they are all democrats ? do you know every poll workers' political affiliation ? 

and yes there has never been this many mail in ballots as there has never been an election during pandemic. and there is no evidence to show voting by mail could be more fraudulent than voting in person. 

• Like 5

il y a 2 minutes, Ridgerunner a dit :

Strange that the large states of Florida and Texas had no problem getting votes counted on election day. 

Strange that we are now in a middle of a global pandemic and there is this 'strange requirement' (Note: THERE IS NO SUCH REQUIREMENT, IT IS JUST TRUMP & TRUMP FOLLOWERS SAYIN TRUMP'S THINGS) that requires all votes to be counted on election day when it is simply not possible!

So lets say for example if your vote is not counted on election day, is it fair then? Are you better off not voting at all?

All votes must be given time, especially when we are fighting a global pandemic, to be accounted for & counted. This is actually part of the whole democratic voting process!

• Like 4

Strange that the large states of Florida and Texas had no problem getting votes counted on election day. 

In both  Michigan and Pennsylvania republican have the majority in state house and senate. they could have change the law to allow preparation and processing of mail in ballots in earlier weeks like Texas and Florida, but they blocked the motions, because they knew it's not in their party's interest. 

• Like 3