Footy #1

nagachilli2

7 hours ago, HappyChappie said:

I'd forgot about this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

A good 2-0 win for Spurs vs Woolwich Rovers.ย ๐Ÿ˜

Son's goal...class.ย ๐Ÿ˜

I like your style...Let the opposition have 75% of the ball, then watch Kane and Son slice through them like a hot knife through butterย ๐Ÿ˜

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

I like your style...Let the opposition have 75% of the ball, then watch Kane and Son slice through them like a hot knife through butterย ๐Ÿ˜

That's how Leicester won the league a few years ago. Everyone praising them for the way they played. Spurs are doing the same thing now and getting slated byย some so called pundits because it's not the Spurs way. As long as it's working I'm happy but not counting my chickens (or should I say cockrels) yets. ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 1

Chelsea seems the most balanced team at the moment , itย handles great Champions League and Premier League , if Lambardย ย wasnโ€™t inexperienced , it could be favorites for the championship . Tottenham has the best mind gamer for a championship like Premierย ย Leagueย and if he manages to remain at the top seats before the next european games in February , I could say they will be favorites for the title .ย 
ย 

Guardiola needs to concentrate for the Champions League as for him ,ย this is the โ€œ haunted โ€œ title for City , the problem is that due to the Financial Fair Play and the scandalous decision back in spring , UEFA maybe chases City with referee decisions and similar staff so as not to proceed . I can also say that he seems to have a plan like the team goes โ€œslow โ€œtill ย January / February and have the players give it all for the final turn of all competitions ... Ahh , forgot , they also have a problem with their strikers this year as they create chances but they canโ€™t score .ย 
ย 

Last but not least , Liverpool , I think the players are almost โ€œ burned โ€œ since they play always the same ones ย the last 2 years and I donโ€™t believe that they will manage to stay both mentally and with their body focused to go after the title having at the same time the european competition in mind , I think only if they ignore the Champions League elimination rounds , they could be favorites for the championship again .

ย 

One last word for my team Man.Utd , the lack of a good manager who actually doesnโ€™t know what kind of football wants to play , it will cost when the time for must wins arrives . Till that moment , we will be seeing a Man.Utd being able to win anyone and on the next game to lose again by anyone . I hope they donโ€™t end up like Liverpool , not knowing how the Premier League Championship trophy looks for 30 years ....๐Ÿ™„

1 hour ago, HappyChappie said:

That's how Leicester won the league a few years ago. Everyone praising them for the way they played. Spurs are doing the same thing now and getting slated byย some so called pundits because it's not the Spurs way. As long as it's working I'm happy but not counting my chickens (or should I say cockrels) yets. ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I think it a great way to play if you have the players. I set my sides up on Football Manager like that...it's just I haven't got the players lol...๐Ÿฅด

1 hour ago, ddhm said:

Chelsea seems the most balanced team at the moment , itย handles great Champions League and Premier League , if Lambardย ย wasnโ€™t inexperienced , it could be favorites for the championship . Tottenham has the best mind gamer for a championship like Premierย ย Leagueย and if he manages to remain at the top seats before the next european games in February , I could say they will be favorites for the title .ย 
ย 

Guardiola needs to concentrate for the Champions League as for him ,ย this is the โ€œ haunted โ€œ title for City , the problem is that due to the Financial Fair Play and the scandalous decision back in spring , UEFA maybe chases City with referee decisions and similar staff so as not to proceed . I can also say that he seems to have a plan like the team goes โ€œslow โ€œtill ย January / February and have the players give it all for the final turn of all competitions ... Ahh , forgot , they also have a problem with their strikers this year as they create chances but they canโ€™t score .ย 
ย 

Last but not least , Liverpool , I think the players are almost โ€œ burned โ€œ since they play always the same ones ย the last 2 years and I donโ€™t believe that they will manage to stay both mentally and with their body focused to go after the title having at the same time the european competition in mind , I think only if they ignore the Champions League elimination rounds , they could be favorites for the championship again .

ย 

One last word for my team Man.Utd , the lack of a good manager who actually doesnโ€™t know what kind of football wants to play , it will cost when the time for must wins arrives . Till that moment , we will be seeing a Man.Utd being able to win anyone and on the next game to lose again by anyone . I hope they donโ€™t end up like Liverpool , not knowing how the Premier League Championship trophy looks for 30 years ....๐Ÿ™„

I think Liverpool's problem is central defence, since Van Dyke's injury. Having said that, I don't think he had a class partner last season, tbh, coz I don't rate Gomez...

They've also had goalkeeping problems for ages, although this young lad who's played the last coupla games looks pretty good...

55 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I think it a great way to play if you have the players. I set my sides up on Football Manager like that...it's just I haven't got the players lol...๐Ÿฅด

I've not played football manager for years, 2000/2001 edition the last one I played. Won everything going with Spurs. But I had more fun with it managering my local club Port Vale, far more satisfying, took them from the old 3rd div, champions of each division in the first season of divs 3, 2 and 1.ย  Took me 3 seasons to win the premier league then the season after champions of europe. Winning the fc and league cups several times too.

13 minutes ago, HappyChappie said:

I've not played football manager for years, 2000/2001 edition the last one I played. Won everything going with Spurs. But I had more fun with it managering my local club Port Vale, far more satisfying, took them from the old 3rd div, champions of each division in the first season of divs 3, 2 and 1.ย  Took me 3 seasons to win the premier league then the season after champions of europe. Winning the fc and league cups several times too.

It's much harder now...๐Ÿคฃ

I always start in the lowest tier and work my way up, moving to bigger and better clubs...I'm playing 2020 version now. Generally I'm playing this in the evening while also watching RLC and on CC...

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

It's much harder now...๐Ÿคฃ

I always start in the lowest tier and work my way up, moving to bigger and better clubs...I'm playing 2020 version now. Generally I'm playing this in the evening while also watching RLC and on CC...

There's only one good tactic, save before you play. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...