Footy #1

nagachilli2

5 hours ago, HappyChappie said:

This European super league talk about football league kicking out or banning clubs involved in it is bull crap. Where would the Spanish league be without Real Madrid and Barcelona? Where would the Italian league be without Juventus and the Milan clubs? Where would the England league be without the so called big six?

All those leagues would miss out on billions of £$E if these most famous of clubs were not in their leagues. A lot of people think a super league is inevitable, it might be if the none relegation idea was dropped.

That shouldn't be an issue anyway because if the proposal takes place, it'll be the end of the football pyramid, certainly in this country, and I don't think football as we know it will survive. I wonder who will be allowed to vote. ALL clubs I hope, then I can't see it happening in the near future...
Clubs moan on about playing too much footy, so how's this gonna help. Plus what is wrong with the Champions league and Europa league?...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Champions league suppose to be a competition amongst Europe's elite...😏
What is the point of a competition where nobody fails...It's all about greed and arrogance...and I hope the shite idea never gets off the ground!

3 hours ago, ddhm said:

Kudos to Bayern , Paris Saint Germaine also as two of the biggest teams that have also decided to stay out , they must have been the two of the other three  that were supposed to complete the 15 initial teams .  

But Euro giants Spurs (currently 7th and managerless) and Arsenal (currently 9th) are the creme de la creme of European football...how arrogent and greedy can you get..😒

20 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

But Euro giants Spurs (currently 7th and managerless) and Arsenal (currently 9th) are the creme de la creme of European football...how arrogent and greedy can you get..😒

And exactly that’s the problem , this model  they want to make  will simple eliminate all championship interest , what will be the need to watch a championship that no matter what , standard teams will be playing in the league of leagues and because of the money , they will become even more better in quality than the rest . 

Threat them not with words  but with actions that there won’t be participating in the championship and then you will see .. fans will always want the local championship competition , this is how rivalries built .. European games are great but they just add to the legend of a team , the in country competition will always be the most that the fans will want to watch .. Sunderland / Newcastle , Liverpool / Everton .. the list  is endless 

• Like 1

Big respect and 👏👏 to the English fans and club supporters , because of them and their incredible response , within 48 hours this stupidity is over .. but football took a strong cut in the heart and already much has changed .. in any case , who knows ? Maybe it has all been fabricated so UEFA opens all cards on the table and at the end the big teams they will get even more with what was expected with their “ super league “ creation . 

3 hours ago, neil_r549 said:

latest;  Man City and chelsea have withdrawn from the ESL. Fans outside Stamford Bridge cheered when the news came through. Maybe the others will see sense, although some damage has been done

Great news...The others will follow suit now...

• 2 weeks later...

Ot is a 50-50 final , it seems Constantinople is mot anymore due to Covid traveling restrictions , I hope they make it in Portugal again and with many fans . I would have preferred a Spain ( Real Madrid ) vs UK ( Manchester city ) but the best two teams made it 😇

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't mention it yesterday, but well done to Leicester!...Not a great final, but a great atmosphere with 20 odd thousand fans there. Thoroughly deserved to win and a cracking goal. The whole infrastructure of the club is top drawer, and many clubs should learn from them...

• 2 weeks later...