Juke Box

Guest Squirrel

Guest Squirrel

Speaking of the Eagles, they remind me of Hotel California, and Hotel California reminds me of CamCaps: "You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave..."

(Hey Woody -- yep, it's always best to remember them as they were when they were young.)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Truly, we are among refined men of literature and science here. Artists in our chosen fields. I am proud to associate with such gentlemen.

post-0-145739612486_thumb.png

Absolutely beautiful music. Thank you Sir.

One of the worlds problems today, no soothing music to sit back to and quietly listen. Just head banging noise that rattles your brain as soon as it comes on.

An enjoyable 10 minutes well spent.

Maybe I should post one of my recordings. There are people of culture here that may enjoy it.

Woodworker, you have certainly lived an interesting life.  You should be proud that you have come through many difficult situations.

I started life on a Council estate (in the UK these are homes provided to people who cannot afford to buy their own house). These estates can be difficult with many people being uneducated and troubled by unemployment and often drugs. Gangs existed although nothing like the gang culture in the US. Suffice to say it was a tough environment.

I managed to avoid any trouble and got a decent education so managed to escape into a middle class way of life, however I have never forgotten that many people cannot escape and live tough lives over many years.

It sounds like you had a really tough upbringing and yet you could write poetry and express yourself very well.

Total respect Woodworker.

Guest Squirrel

I just thought I'd post this for my Ukrainian and Russian friends, since there seem to be so many in the world; and since there are a few threads proliferating in CC about this subject. Everyone loves great music; even when it reaches high testosterone levels regarding war, glory, and victory.

Your orders:

1) Connect to stereo.

2) Crank up loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwrqAipON2w

Background  info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gates_of_Kiev

Guest Squirrel

Agreed about the bass on cars rolling down the street.

When I say "Crank it up loud" I'm talking Thiel speakers, Class A Threshold amp system stuff, zero distortion, great music, and within one's property line.

When you talk about the shit asses rolling down the street blaring crap, however, I think of bazookas, wire-guided missiles, and RPGs, and why they were invented in the first place. Unfortunately, my state doesn't consider possession of such beneficial tools to be allowed under our 2nd Amendment rights...

The situation does, however, allow us both to practice our French...  :D

Mine asked why I was in a hurry and I just hit the power button on the Pioneer SuperTuner. Golden Earing, Radar Love came blasting out.

He told me I wasn't going to love this. He wrote me 80 in a 55. MF'r.

It just seemed like every time I put that truck into 13th gear, I'd get a ticket.

Guest ww_watcher

i always thought how great it would be if I could design a circuit that would destroy the speakers that go BUMP in the night with a directional EMP transmitter. till the I will listen to Supertramp.

Living on a fairly main road, I'd like to be your first customer. That would be great to see these shitheads twisting all of the knobs and pushing the buttons when all of a sudden it all goes silent.