Juke Box

Guest Squirrel

Guest Squirrel

Mine asked why I was in a hurry and I just hit the power button on the Pioneer SuperTuner. Golden Earing, Radar Love came blasting out.

He told me I wasn't going to love this. He wrote me 80 in a 55. MF'r.

It just seemed like every time I put that truck into 13th gear, I'd get a ticket.

Everybody knows Radar Love should be blasted. I think it was just the cops wanting to help you increase your negative karma so you could be successful in your future CamCaps career.

-1 for you, my friend!  ;)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Talk about a time when this country was great.  Some really nice pictures of Ginger Rogers, with a Young Frank Sinatra singing "I'll be seeing you."

Boy has this country changed from those days.  Especially Hollywood.

The women of that era, and all through the fifties, and part of the sixties sure had a lot of style and class.

Which reminds me of when black & white photography was perfectly done and a song could become iconic. There's a song in here somewhere:

By the way, since the song above mentions a swan.

The swan back in Shakespearian times was the symbol of a hypocrite.  Because though it's feathers were white, it's skin is black.   

Also, A swan never makes any sound, except when it dies.  And that is where that old expression in the entertainment business comes from when they say,.. "He is doing his swan song." 

Where I grew up there were countless Black Swans, and they would honk noisily similar to geese when being approached to feed.

We do have White Swans here too, but not together.

I'd never heard the source of that saying before, but your version reminded me of days by the water and feeding them, and getting chased by them as they can be aggressive.

Guest sojoe

Just two that take me back (way back)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O8RhZDGLEXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j8vY3vAbAdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guest sojoe

I assume they are still made even though the time of the vinyl single has passed.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they have started making them again

Guest Squirrel

Mercy. Gee, now that we're going back to the time when vocals were important in pop music, I thought I'd post one for the RLC women that we love so much: