Juke Box

Guest Squirrel

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Deep Purple. Very good. Cranked this out on my first car's stereo (it was cassette, not four-track) when I first bought the car.

Their early work is difficult to find. It's more "classical." And excellent. Then they became "heavy metal," but they were always really good. Squirrel approves.

I got 3 speeding tickets with Highway Star cranked up.

Machine head was one of my fav albums.

But back to Nij and Beethoven. I played that in a piano recital when I was 12. After that I was moved into the organ, then the pipe organ. I would give all my manly equipment to have the full use of my left hand back to play again.

Squirrel has listened to the instrument I once played. I would kill to do it again.

Guest Squirrel

I got 3 speeding tickets with Highway Star cranked up.

Machine head was one of my fav albums.

Believe it or don't, Machine Head was the first tape I bought when I bought my first car. And I cranked Highway Star up to max. (No speeding tickets; but I did get busted once for a rolling stop...yeah, kinda wussy, but the car only had 56 BHP available...)

I never bought music. The radio then was good. Not piped in crap and the same 50? songs all day.

The first vinyl I ever bought was Boston. No clue on what cassette or 8-track it was that was first.

One of the best driving songs is L A Woman by The Doors. Fucking hell it is impossible not to put your foot down to the floor and blast at speed to 7:50 mins of driving rock.

Another is 'Bat out of Hell' by Meatloaf.

I am sounding like a hell raising rocker when I actually much prefer Motown and Northern Soul, however good rock is damn good. Shit kerang! is shit! Rap is really the pits. Never forget Rap has a silent C as in CRAP!!!

When I was little , the couple that lived next door were in show biz . He was a song writer and she was a singer. He wrote songs for broadway shows and they would play them on the organ . He is best known for writing Take me out to the ballgame . I listened to most types of music . But growing up on the west coast and in so . cal. , you can not leave out the surfing and car music of groups like the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean , The Ventures , Dick Dale . Still can not leave out groups like Fleetwood Mac , The Eagles , Z Z Top and others . Then for some drinking music Jimmy Buffet .