Juke Box

Guest Squirrel

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Man. You're digging in the vaults aren't you?

Here's one that my evil cousin Foamy performed just before he was arrested.

They are going to be in a massive old bands concert in West Palm Beach next month I think it is. It's called SunFest. I wonder if the instruments will be too heavy for them to lift anymore and how many of the original groups are still alive.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was little , the couple that lived next door were in show biz . He was a song writer and she was a singer. He wrote songs for broadway shows and they would play them on the organ . He is best known for writing Take me out to the ballgame . I listened to most types of music . But growing up on the west coast and in so . cal. , you can not leave out the surfing and car music of groups like the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean , The Ventures , Dick Dale . Still can not leave out groups like Fleetwood Mac , The Eagles , Z Z Top and others . Then for some drinking music Jimmy Buffet .

With all due respect. I doubt very much that the man next door wrote TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME. Was his name Jack Norworth? Mr. Norworth wrote the song 106 years ago. If you knew him 40 years ago. that means that he wrote it 66 years before that, making him...well you do the math. I'm just sayin'. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass but there are many legends surrounding that song. Most of them are not true.