Martina and Alberto - home activities #26

General question...  are the majority of those who are on camera for RLC typically awake at 3am (their time) and seemingly nocturnal?  I can't imagine staying up so late every night.  Granted they don't have "typical" jobs or any jobs at all, but still.  Is it so the viewers in the US can see them more, since they'd normally be sleeping a good portion of the day most in the US are awake or is this standard behavior for those in the EU?  🤔

28 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

General question...  are the majority of those who are on camera for RLC typically awake at 3am (their time) and seemingly nocturnal?  I can't imagine staying up so late every night.  Granted they don't have "typical" jobs or any jobs at all, but still.  Is it so the viewers in the US can see them more, since they'd normally be sleeping a good portion of the day most in the US are awake or is this standard behavior for those in the EU?  🤔

I've wondered about that, too. Despite what some say, we really don't know what the compensation terms are, for the participants, when they sign up. Maybe the scuttlebutt, among them, is staying up late can bring in more money.

Good observation!

34 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

I as a Brazilian thought that this was something about Europeans. Since they only have about 6 hours of night time a day. 

Its a damn nuiscance is it not!! in the UK we are 1 hour behind central Europe so these lovely RLC people are later than us. Still, I try to call it a night around 12.30am and I think most europeans are tucked up by then.. This lot keep going until much later. B5 seem to think 5am is regular. Its a good point about the US audience, but not sure its a deliberate policy put out ne RLC. 

8 hours ago, esanders9863 said:

I love when I tuned in and see Martina dancing around and having fun, this is what I miss from another person whose name starts with "L"

I thought Martinas hula hoop play was outstanding...jeez can she swing that thing. Funny when they both tried it together, Alberto was sort of being a bit grumpy and then OK

• Like 2

Yes, I agree for us Europeans it is a bit sobering to see most of the RLC actors sleep half the time. Especially if you are not yet retired or cannot or do not want to watch the whole night. But I also understand that the voyeurs from Canada, North and South America want to see something (sometimes the more interesting parts 🤭). Think that this is regulated in the RLC contracts. No problem for me. In any case, it is far from normal to go to bed around 3 a.m. and get up around 12 p.m. Only makes sense if you work in a bar, disco, as an event organizer or in industry on  night shifts. Will be a big change for Martina when her school starts. Then she has to get up earlier in the morning.

• Like 1

We who have been here a few years, have noticed that they (GOV) have a "prime time" from 2200/2300 to prox 0300 You can clearly see some participants by starting their shows. North America has always been the largest customer group for RLC