Martina and Alberto - home activities #27

Noldus

18 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Actually, I think the interpretations are probably correct.  What I believe is, these tenants say things to keep the interpreters from fully understanding anything, but what they want them to.  My opinion is nobody knows the truth and never will.  Look at it this way, when Martina and Nelly's going away trip was interpreted and it was said they were going somewhere several hours away, did they actually go somewhere several hours away or did they spend their time in one of the off cam apartments. I defy anyone to say with absolute proof/truth that they actually traveled somewhere together.  The bottom line is 1/2 of what they say is probably trust worthy and the other half is fabricated to throw the translators off.

This one of the most intelligent things you have said here.  I tend to agree.  Moose is on to this as well. 

None of us can truly appreciate what it would be like to live in this environment.  We talk about the secret off-cam closets and tents and such ... which exist ... the most common one is to go into the can and have privacy while crapping and peeing ... but also, I'm sure every one of these participants has code words and ways to disguise what they say in order to not be completely transparent.  How can you not have little gimmicks and systems for hiding parts of your life you don't care to expose? 

We all want "real" but it will never be real unless the cams become spy cams and the participants have no clue they are being watched.  And that won't happen.  So it is only as real as the constructs and boundaries of "the project".  I always loved referring to this as "a project" ... like it is a science experiment or something. 

I have also said I bet some of these people like to fuck with us because THEY KNOW we hinge on every fucking detail we see or hear.  I know if I was in the project, I would love to fuck with the audience ... I can be very playful that way 🙂

Lastly, I do agree though ... that I am surprised we don't have more Spanish translators who can corroborate and/or help fill in the gaps on our Spanish translations.  I understand that dialects can be tricky and I say this as an American who has to turn on closed captioning sometimes when I watch my beloved Poldark.  But honestly, I thought Spanish was one of the top 3 languages spoken on the planet ... so I am surprised we don't have others chiming in.   On the other hand, it feels like I am in a group of about only 50 hear so 2 who can translate Alberto and Martina seem about right. 

And to save you the trouble my friend Harley ... I'll put the PISS OFF right here to save you the obligatory post.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So here is an explanation of why Martina and Alberto are difficult to understand if you are expecting Spanish:

"Catalan is mutually unintelligible with Spanish. ... Most Catalan speakers know Spanish because they studied it at school, but Spanish speakers, who haven't learned Catalan, are unable to comprehend any CatalanCatalan is a language spoken in Catalonia, Andorra, and some parts of France and Italy"

Barcelona is in Catalonia

Martina and Alberto do not have to have code words, they have Catalan which very few people understand except them and their friends from Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

So here is an explanation of why Martina and Alberto are difficult to understand if you are expecting Spanish:

"Catalan is mutually unintelligible with Spanish. ... Most Catalan speakers know Spanish because they studied it at school, but Spanish speakers, who haven't learned Catalan, are unable to comprehend any CatalanCatalan is a language spoken in Catalonia, Andorra, and some parts of France and Italy"

Martina and Alberto do not have to have code words, they have Catalan which very few people understand except them and their friends from Barcelona.

Being that true, Martina and Alberto speak Valencian between them, which is very similar to Catalan, a language spoken by around 10 million people worldwide.

But Martina speaks in plain Spanish daily with her three best friends, her mother, sister, brother, and Nelly (shared with Russian in this case). And Spanish is spoken by more than 500 million people.

I am also surprised we don't have more Spanish translators collaborating in the forum, but I am equally surprised that there are no Russian translators, a language spoken by more than 300 M.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, emnv said:

I am also surprised we don't have more Spanish translators collaborating in the forum, but I am equally surprised that there are no Russian translators, a language spoken by more than 300 M.

I agree with this, especially the Russian part.

7 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

La mayoría de  los hablantes de catalán  saben  español  porque lo estudiaron en la escuela

False, all Catalan speakers also know Castilian (Spanish) because in Catalonia both languages are spoken indistinctly.

9 minutes ago, emnv said:

También me sorprende que no tengamos más traductores de español colaborando en el foro, pero me sorprende igualmente que no haya traductores de ruso, un idioma hablado por más de 300 M.

Quizás sea porque los traductores de ruso se hartaron de que la gente cuestionara sus traducciones...

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

This one of the most intelligent things you have said here.  I tend to agree.  Moose is on to this as well. 

None of us can truly appreciate what it would be like to live in this environment.  We talk about the secret off-cam closets and tents and such ... which exist ... the most common one is to go into the can and have privacy while crapping and peeing ... but also, I'm sure every one of these participants has code words and ways to disguise what they say in order to not be completely transparent.  How can you not have little gimmicks and systems for hiding parts of your life you don't care to expose? 

We all want "real" but it will never be real unless the cams become spy cams and the participants have no clue they are being watched.  And that won't happen.  So it is only as real as the constructs and boundaries of "the project".  I always loved referring to this as "a project" ... like it is a science experiment or something. 

I have also said I bet some of these people like to fuck with us because THEY KNOW we hinge on every fucking detail we see or hear.  I know if I was in the project, I would love to fuck with the audience ... I can be very playful that way 🙂

Lastly, I do agree though ... that I am surprised we don't have more Spanish translators who can corroborate and/or help fill in the gaps on our Spanish translations.  I understand that dialects can be tricky and I say this as an American who has to turn on closed captioning sometimes when I watch my beloved Poldark.  But honestly, I thought Spanish was one of the top 3 languages spoken on the planet ... so I am surprised we don't have others chiming in.   On the other hand, it feels like I am in a group of about only 50 hear so 2 who can translate Alberto and Martina seem about right. 

And to save you the trouble my friend Harley ... I'll put the PISS OFF right here to save you the obligatory post.

I fully agree with this post JennMom and it's hard for me to understand that there is only a couple of people who translate Martina and Alberto when I know there are quite a few more Spanish speaking people on this forum.  Maybe the dialect really does make a difference but I honestly don't see how it could.  As for the piss off comments I make, it's all in fun and you can choose to accept that or not.....now Piss Off :biggrin:

P.S.  I've read many of your comments where you have said that if you were in their position you would mess with the viewers on a continual basis and I would be in the same boat my friend.  I firmly believe this is what occurs in these apartments and I believe the participants get a total kick in the ass out of it!!

7 minutes ago, omedo said:

Maybe it's because Russian translators got sick of people questioning their translations ...

Too bad and so sad for them!!  You can't just throw down a translation and expect everyone to go along with it 100%. Some people are going to question some translations just from what has been mentioned above by myself, JennMom, and Moosecini.  The Russian translators want everything they translate to be as the gospel, I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way!

32 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

Still , their dialect isn’t Catalan but Andalusian ☺️

1 minute ago, ddhm said:

I edit my post and correct that isn’t Andalusian dialect but Valencian dialect ☺️

3 minutes ago, ddhm said:
6 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I edit my post and correct that isn’t Andalusian dialect but Valencian dialect ☺️

Well perhaps maybe it isn't so unbelievable that we can't get reliable translations of Alberto and Martina.  It's obvious here in the last several posts that we can't even fucking agree on what language/dialect they are using!!  LOL

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Too bad and so sad for them!!  You can't just throw down a translation and expect everyone to go along with it 100%. Some people are going to question some translations just from what has been mentioned above by myself, JennMom, and Moosecini.  The Russian translators want everything they translate to be as the gospel, I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way!

People like you and lot that “ occupy “ the L&M thread ( mostly in the past ) have made the Russian translators to step back and watch from the background . Why keep posting and explain when they are questioned for their credibility ?They don’t have to prove anything to anyone ..  Omedo also stepped back some months ago and luckily for the people who observe this apartment here , he came back despite his frustration . Trying to question the  translations from two “ repeatedly credible “ translators like omedo and emnv it is a joke by itself and it is the only way to create a reality based on “ my source told me “ , “ I was sent a photo and a video “ … people here choose what they want to believe , between “ they told me and sent me “ I choose the direct and absolutely trustworthy language spoken people and I will keep on supporting them because they invest time when they could keep the info for themselves and just confirm or deny the  speculation talks that  evolve here ( as it is happening at another apartment .. ) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2