B2 Girls on Vacation - General Topic 2021 #19 (July)

4 minutes ago, moules said:

You are admitted to the hospital if you are seriously ill.  The doctors can give you treatments in the hospital that cannot be given at home.   He may have an underlying condition that puts him more at risk, for example, diabetes, and that can be a consideration on whether to admit someone to the hospital.  A newspaper article from the Associated Press nearly two weeks ago.

"BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Julio Miranda had never felt the threat of the coronavirus too close. With an appointment for his first COVID-19 jab scheduled for mid-July, the 48-year-old house painter was, like many in the vaccine-abundant developed world, eagerly awaiting the end of his personal pandemic worries.

Then a colleague fell ill last month, followed by his boss’ wife. Gradually, all but one of his five coworkers found themselves in bed. Miranda, who is from Chile, also started feeling stomach cramps. Soon, he was lying on the sofa, struggling to draw every breath.

“It’s only when the virus hits you that you take it much more seriously,” Miranda said this week from a hospital room overlooking Barcelona’s beachfront where he recovered after a week in intensive care, conscious but connected to a machine aiding his oxygen intake.

The increase comes amid the advance of the delta variant of the coronavirus that spreads more easily. And it’s being driven mostly by younger, unvaccinated patients who require less ICU care but are turning in droves to health centers and emergency wards. If they reach the point of needing hospitalization, they typically spend longer in regular wards until they recover.

Most hospitalized patients don’t need much breathing support and get well enough with corticosteroids. But doctors are seeing people in their 20s and early 30s developing serious pneumonia.

In Spain, the young are largely socializing while unvaccinated because authorities have strictly prioritized the elderly and most vulnerable groups. As a result, 21 million — or half of the country’s adult population — are fully vaccinated, but fewer than 600,000 of those are younger than 30, according to the latest Health Ministry data."

The northeastern Catalonia region, for example — where Barcelona is — only allows bars and nightclubs to operate their outdoor spaces starting this weekend, and yet authorities have allowed a music festival to go ahead with thousands of people. Concert-goers are required to test negative for antigens before joining the fun.

Ana Aguilar, a 20-year-old nurse at the Hospital del Mar, sympathized with those who want to party but said her generation needs to be more patient. As a medical worker, she also expressed the frustration of a never-ending cycle of virus surges."

[Hospital del Mar is right on the beach.  You can walk from your sunbed to the Emergency Room.]

Thursday 22 July 2021

In Catalonia, the virus reproduction rate has fallen for 15 consecutive days, and today stands at 0.97. The virus is in a recessionary phase and each infected person is passing the virus to an average of 0.97 others.

The cumulative incidence rate of the coronavirus in 14 days has increased from 1,220.89 to 1,234.03 cases per 100,000 inhabitants. There have been 7,585 new infections and 17 deaths registered in the last 24 hours. Today, there are 1,938 hospitalised patients, 66 more than yesterday. There are 440 patients in intensive care, an increase of 36 in the last 24 hours.

A total of 4,831,137 (62.56% of the population of Catalonia) have now been vaccinated, 19,634 in the last 24 hours. This includes 3,744,757 (48.49% of the population) who have received their scheduled two doses.

Thanks Moules, thats interesting stuff. In the UK the R rate has risen to 1.2-1.4 and it looks like our lot are saying ''sod it lets see what happens''🙄.

12 hours ago, corvette84 said:

Mila has no problem being naked, but bates under the blanket. Fucking useless again. 😕👎

So you lied to me, you do support this crap after all!!  Please don't come back with the...there was nothing else to watch BS.  If there was nothing else to watch then shutdown your computer and go to bed and if it's to early to shutdown your computer and go to bed, then shutdown your computer and go do something productive!!  I am no longer proud of you!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thestarider said:

Not any view from the apartment we pay hard earned money for.... just a reason to be off camera and not allow us to be in on the fun,, Hell Noldus I am beginning to think Harley is right about hiding off camera stuff as much as they do it in B*2 and B*4

Harley is right!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

So you lied to me, you do support this crap after all!!  Please don't come back with the...there was nothing else to watch BS.  If there was nothing else to watch then shutdown your computer and go to bed and if it's to early to shutdown your computer and go to bed, then shutdown your computer and go do something productive!!  I am no longer proud of you!!

Look back at what I said. I don't watch the stupid shows. I watch the bates and that is what Mila did under the blanket. 

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

corvette is the batekeeper even he doesnt watch hes still counting, thats his job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, legrandrobert said:

I just e-mailed RLC to tell them I'm cancelling my sub, girls hiding empty apts, I'm paying for nothing,

How many times have you said this Robert?  You are wishy washy with your words when it comes to RLC subscriptions.

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

How many times have you said this Robert?  You are wishy washy with your words when it comes to RLC subscriptions.

robert is a man of one word like when u said u will not post again on cc

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Exactly the same as you when you say you are going to leave the forum, in the end you never do, so yourself you should understand why members stay subscribed to RLC

Do not thank me 🤣

PS: whatever Moos 🤪

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, corvette84 said:

Look back at what I said. I don't watch the stupid shows. I watch the bates and that is what Mila did under the blanket. 

I knew when it was this post that I finally decided to comment on that you would think I misread it.  On the contrary, I just used it to prove that you were watching and supporting based on the previous comments you made about things in the apartment.  Tells me all I need to know about you supporting such crap!