B4 - General Topic 2021 #102 (October)

1 hour ago, corvette84 said:

On holidays? That would be on vacation until the 7th. I guess holiday has a different meaning for you. 😏

I have learned Oxford English and my certificate is based on this ☺️ We were told already at that times some differences between British English and American English .. 

When we welcome a guest here , we always wish him “ have a great holiday “ and never “  have a great vacation “ . The difference in Europe is that in general the people address to their off work time as holidays and not vacations .. 

At the end , we understand one another  and it is fine ☺️😇 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I have learned Oxford English and my certificate is based on this ☺️ We were told already at that times some differences between British English and American English .. 

When we welcome a guest here , we always wish him “ have a great holiday “ and never “  have a great vacation “ . The difference in Europe is that in general the people address to their off work time as holidays and not vacations .. 

At the end , we understand one another  and it is fine ☺️😇 

I'm not saying that you are wrong. But I always understood "holiday" as a "few days off" usually in celebration of a specific date, like 4th of July.  Vacation is a longer term of a day off usually used as HR term.  

11 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

My theory is that @Noldus have inside information or understand Russian and catches what they talk about. 

Noldus always talks with confirmed facts based on discussions happened on cameras . There are apartments that people here know what has been written in text messages and to who and the confirmation of  facts appear when an incident has already happen . 

Noldus will share the info when it is for the better understanding and sharing for the rest of the CC members while elsewhere things are based on secret and hiding “ behind the spotlights “ private talks which actually multiply the need of the members to speculate endlessly .

Last but not least , if it weren’t for some wrong attitude and ridiculous comments made by members concerning the tenants and other CC members , through  the years that CC administrators never put off the “ fire “ while it was slowly burning  resulting on an uncontrolled  posting of insults and disrespectful comments , I assure you that we would all be learning daily much of the talks that are happening amongst the tenants across of all the RLC apartments , even the ones in the Czech Republique . 

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I'm not saying that you are wrong. But I always understood "holiday" as a "few days off" usually in celebration of a specific date, like 4th of July.  Vacation is a longer term of a day off usually used as HR term.  

I am also not saying that I am right 😂🤣 But I am not a native English speaker and I got my English degree in 1992 and when I was 15 years old and this is how I learned the interpretation of the word “ holidays “ in comparison to the Greek language . It all evolves , it is the natural development for languages 😇