Nina & Kira (2021) Part #5

refazer

Over a whole part of Russia, temperatures are between -30°C and -15°C, so if you have to install optical fibre, with these temperatures it is very difficult. From next week, there are some days with slightly positive temperatures, maybe there will be a chance to see them coming back !!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Chipper said:

NO, dont tell him that, make him wait.  It makes my day to see him so needy.

I ask a simple question and get shot down,If it makes you happy so be it , Me I couldn’t careless what you think 🧐 

as the saying goes Sicks and stones may break my bones ,but names will never hurt me ✌️

Very cool for this couple.

optical fibre seems to be much cheaper than cable

here in the US. cable was fantastic,

but now way oversold putting way too many

people on 1 wire. I hope be in an fiber optic

environment soon. i fact i made a name for it.

I'll call it "glass". What service do you have?

they'll say, I'll say "oh, i'm on glass". LOL

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, West_California a dit :

Very cool for this couple.

optical fibre seems to be much cheaper than cable

here in the US. cable was fantastic,

but now way oversold putting way too many

people on 1 wire. I hope be in an fiber optic

environment soon. i fact i made a name for it.

I'll call it "glass". What service do you have?

they'll say, I'll say "oh, i'm on glass". LOL

Hey @West_California You'll say "oh, i'm on glass", but no you are just a piece of plastic :)))🤨

Indeed, most optical fibres, except for long distance fibres, are made of PPMA : polymethyl methacrylate : plastic optical fibre. 

Sorry for this bad news🤕

• Haha 1

Plastic optical fibers boast of simpler and less expensive components, as well as greater flexibility, and resiliency to bending, shock and vibration. In addition, they are lighter in weight. ... Being mechanically protected well, glass optical fibers have higher information transmission capacity with lower loss.

1 hour ago, West_California said:

Fiber optic cable jacket colors can make it fast and simple to recognize exactly which type of cable you are dealing with. For example, the color yellow clearly identifies a single mode cable, while orange indicates multimode.

Being someone who has worked with fiber for more years than I want to admit, you probably went over most peoples head with your last statement.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chipper said:

Being someone who has worked with fiber for more years than I want to admit, you probably went over most peoples head with your last statement.  

Not mine, my boyfriend has been a fiber splicer for about 10 years now. I was always curious about what he does and he brought some home and his equip and  showed me how to splice it. Pretty cool

• Like 3