B4 - General Topic 2021 # 138 (December)

1 hour ago, piedpiper1968 said:

As a person who has owned property in Spain, I can attest to the difficulty of finding qualified people to fix almost anything in your home. I had all kinds of issues with the HVAC, took months to get it finally working. I had issues with the plumbing, and it took almost 1 full year to get it repaired. The story goes on and on. A pool issue, concrete issues. I love Spain and especially the food as I am a very picky eater and Spain allowed me to eat the type of meat I eat in America. 

a long time ago a russian walks into a car dealership  and pays in advance for a car which will be delivered in ten years. he asks the salesman if he should come in the morning or the afternoon? the salesman says in ten years what difference does it make. the customer replies that the plumber is coming in the morning. 

i'm here until sunday and don't forget to tip your waiter

• Haha 1

To the admin through the forum 

The site would be good if it had also other people apart from The Admin to keep it online or at least not offline for nearly a day . I don’t want to present the mathematics that the site makes with a very small amount of thousand of paying members BUT the site has nearly 93,000 members and according to  webfx.com “ In 2021, website maintenance costs vary significantly. Depending on the size, complexity, and functionality of your site, as well as the background, skillset, and pricing model of your service provider, your business may pay $35 to $5000 per month or $400 to $60,000 per year to maintain your website.

With 3,000 paying members out of the 93,000 , the site can make its annual expenses . Just wanted to mention this here , moving on and HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone .

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, ddhm said:

To the admin through the forum 

The site would be good if it had also other people apart from The Admin to keep it online or at least not offline for nearly a day . I don’t want to present the mathematics that the site makes with a very small amount of thousand of paying members BUT the site has nearly 93,000 members and according to  webfx.com “ In 2021, website maintenance costs vary significantly. Depending on the size, complexity, and functionality of your site, as well as the background, skillset, and pricing model of your service provider, your business may pay $35 to $5000 per month or $400 to $60,000 per year to maintain your website.

With 3,000 paying members out of the 93,000 , the site can make its annual expenses . Just wanted to mention this here , moving on and HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone .

Things happen from time to time. It can happen to any website.

We do have a sister website xCamFan that members can use in the meantime until Cam Caps comes back online. 

• Like 2

Back on line at last so Happy Xmas everyone ️ Also delighted to see Holly & Tweety Pie only on vacation and not left for good; I’d feared that their session the other night was their swan song when I saw them leave so if that’s what they are capable of then hopefully that bodes well for the new year 🤞 Have a good Xmas day 🍾🍾

• Like 5