DOES ADMIN REALLY EXIST?

jimbo4

I ask the question " Does Admin Really Exist " or is it just a title.

Has anyone ever received a reply from Admin to any query put to them, or is it just ignored completely in the hope the enquirer will eventually get bored with being constantly rebuffed and give up?

Apart from being rude it doesn't bode well for the forum if the Admin does/will not or can not operate properly, as can be observed with certain items.  

The forum charges $20 for premium membership which I don't think is outrageous, and I would suppose much of that goes toward Administration costs, so is it asking too much for the Admin to give an answer to a members question? Just a little in return, even if it's "fuck off " would be appreciated. At least we would know a person does occupy that lofty position.  

Come on Admin ! If you can't do the job then walk away from it( would anyone notice I ask ), you are supposed to be contactable, yes you are contactable but the problem is you NEVER RESPOND.

• Upvote 1

Admin is real and Admin does exist. I'm pretty sure if he were to answer every PM or email that he got, he would never have time to do his job or even eat. Even @StnCld316 has trouble getting a hold of him when problems arise. 

The software that this board runs on leaves a lot to be desired. The software supplier tries to make fixes for stupid things and ends up creating even bigger problems for the users of the forum. Personally, I would go back to the Simple Machines software. It was both administratively and user friendly. But, I don't pay the bills, I can only offer an opinion.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Admin is real and Admin does exist. I'm pretty sure if he were to answer every PM or email that he got, he would never have time to do his job or even eat. Even @StnCld316 has trouble getting a hold of him when problems arise. 

The software that this board runs on leaves a lot to be desired. The software supplier tries to make fixes for stupid things and ends up creating even bigger problems for the users of the forum. Personally, I would go back to the Simple Machines software. It was both administratively and user friendly. But, I don't pay the bills, I can only offer an opinion.

Looks like I will have to accept your word for it in the absence of anything else forthcoming.

You state that the software provider tries to fix " stupid " things thereby creating even bigger problems, surely whether something is stupid or not is a subjective matter...One persons stupid could be another persons important, who are we to judge.

I do though agree with you regarding going back to the Simple Machines software, except that indirectly premium members are contributing towards the bill I imagine.

Good to exchange comments with you.

I guess using the word 'stupid', was a bit stupid, for lack of a more intelligent word. The brain wasn't quite engaged after our house party last night.

I meant that the people that write the software fail to make things within it work correctly. When we find problems and report them to the developer, they 'try' and create a fix for the bug, then release it before trying out in the real world. More often than not, their fix creates other problems and the effect just snowballs.

I hope this helps to understand the issues. And I do agree that the site Administrator really should respond to important questions regarding the operation of the board itself. To simply ignore the member or not make some sort of general statement to the membership is not really proper. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Does it surprise you that not one "mod" has come to the defense of the admin?

The Admin does not require any defense from the Mods, this forum was created for you, and all of those who wish discuss the online voyeur sites, and has in his spare time created this community where that can happen. Go back to the discussion tread at the beginning of the forum and you will see where the Admin has posted many times.

• Confused 1

On 12/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, Thestarider said:

The Admin does not require any defense from the Mods, this forum was created for you, and all of those who wish discuss the online voyeur sites, and has in his spare time created this community where that can happen. Go back to the discussion tread at the beginning of the forum and you will see where the Admin has posted many times.

With respect to all the " volunteers" who put themselves out to help run the forum including Mod's. 

There's no point trying to " defend " the indefensible, admirable it may be, but open to accusations of cronyism and playing the " victim " card.

The "past " you mention in the case of the Admin is no guarantee of the present or the future, and at present it is teetering on the edge of extinction from what I can see. You may know something that we don't regarding the reason he/she does not read correspondence sent let alone respond ( Previous contact " still waiting " over a month, this time 17 December and it has not been read yet.) Perhaps whoever Admin is might be suffering from ill health or some personal problem at the moment for which he/she has my sympathy, but if that were the case perhaps it would be prudent to inform the forum, so that he/she would be given a respite from the members expectations of service in the event of complaint. 

There are issues with the software that need to be addressed as everything tends to be " hit and miss " at the moment, so what's the point of having a premium membership if the basics of the forum are not working?   

No Thestarider ! As admirable as it might be for you to come here to defend the Admin, rudeness, aloofness and ignorance are indefensible, yet somehow I'm sure you will find a way to continue defending it.

Regards !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimbo4 said:

With respect to all the " volunteers" who put themselves out to help run the forum including Mod's. 

There's no point trying to " defend " the indefensible, admirable it may be, but open to accusations of cronyism and playing the " victim " card.

The "past " you mention in the case of the Admin is no guarantee of the present or the future, and at present it is teetering on the edge of extinction from what I can see. You may know something that we don't regarding the reason he/she does not read correspondence sent let alone respond ( Previous contact " still waiting " over a month, this time 17 December and it has not been read yet.) Perhaps whoever Admin is might be suffering from ill health or some personal problem at the moment for which he/she has my sympathy, but if that were the case perhaps it would be prudent to inform the forum, so that he/she would be given a respite from the members expectations of service in the event of complaint. 

There are issues with the software that need to be addressed as everything tends to be " hit and miss " at the moment, so what's the point of having a premium membership if the basics of the forum are not working?   

No Thestarider ! As admirable as it might be for you to come here to defend the Admin, rudeness, aloofness and ignorance are indefensible, yet somehow I'm sure you will find a way to continue defending it.

Regards !

If believing that the Admin does not exist makes you feel better about your life, then tell yourself that the Admin is an invention on all sides 😁
We're in party time so we can believe whatever we want

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, moos54 said:

If believing that the Admin does not exist makes you feel better about your life, then tell yourself that the Admin is an invention on all sides 😁
We're in party time so we can believe whatever we want

Why is it I wonder I expected just such a supercilious remark from someone like you....You don't disappoint, but oh soo predictable!

Read it properly and you may find that I didn't say Admin didn't exist I asked " does it " 

If you haven't anything constructive to add then you should have not replied at all, but perhaps you needed to feel relevant.......Your'e not ! Only in your own imagination.

Enjoy partying !🍾🍸

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

Why is it I wonder I expected just such a supercilious remark from someone like you....You don't disappoint, but oh soo predictable!

Read it properly and you may find that I didn't say Admin didn't exist I asked " does it " 

If you haven't anything constructive to add then you should have not replied at all, but perhaps you needed to feel relevant.......Your'e not ! Only in your own imagination.

Enjoy partying !🍾🍸

Why are you always looking for conflict? you have nothing better to do in this period than to become a big nutcase?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, moos54 said:

Why are you always looking for conflict? you have nothing better to do in this period than to become a big nutcase?

Check what you wrote first to me first and then tell me again who was looking for conflict !!

I responded to your smart arse reply.

If you can't take it then don't give it !

Happy Christmas !

• Upvote 1