B2 - General Topic 2023 #6 (May)

I was wondering how different the Ukrainian language is compared to Russian? Are the differences mainly grammatical and mainly a slightly different dialect or is it a 100% different language altogether?

I’m from the cold war era, in my imagination everybody from East Germany to Russia speaks and or understands Russian and going Westwards it is English.

I think she’s girl 237 .. A bit of shy and more to the type of Lara and Liza in terms of personality and not of the wild girl next room 😉 .. Let’s hope that she proves even 10% better than Liza and willing to enjoy a nice life and have a great time in Barcelona , a big welcome to Nadia ( so strange that it hasn’t been such a popular name before ) .. 

2 minutes ago, Fritzhonka said:

I was wondering how different the Ukrainian language is compared to Russian? Are the differences mainly grammatical and mainly a slightly different dialect or is it a 100% different language altogether?

I’m from the cold war era, in my imagination everybody from East Germany to Russia speaks and or understands Russian and going Westwards it is English.

I think this can be very helpful ..

WWW.OPTILINGO.COM

While similar on the outside, there is a great deal of difference between the Russian and Ukranian languages.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moules said:

I bet she is an art or a design student who will be on RLC for the summer.  I will also bet she has few, if any, tattoos.

And she sews.

My First impression of her is she looks more refined than some of the other girls, the complete opposite of Gloria & Ashley, and that would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jetlag8 said:

My First impression of her is she looks more refined than some of the other girls, the complete opposite of Gloria & Ashley, and that would be nice.

"Refined" is a very good description.

From replay, she moved in two stages.  The first when B-2 was U/M, and the second when she brought decorative items, etc.  On the second trip, she did not buzz for the door, so she already had a key.  She speaks either Russian or Ukrainian.

The last girl who I found to bo so mysterious and enigmatic when she moved in was Radislava.

We will see how soon she meets up with Tani, over their mutual interest in painting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moules said:

"Refined" is a very good description.

From replay, she moved in two stages.  The first when B-2 was U/M, and the second when she brought decorative items, etc.  On the second trip, she did not buzz for the door, so she already had a key.  She speaks either Russian or Ukrainian.

The last girl who I found to bo so mysterious and enigmatic when she moved in was Radislava.

We will see how soon she meets up with Tani, over their mutual interest in painting. 

I think it will be interesting to see over the next few weeks what she is like. I agree with you about Radislava.