Lots Of Fucking Swearing Going on Towards Members in the Forums

dougiestyle4u

While it is okay to belittle each other in the Politics topics it seems to be getting out of hand with respect to other forum topics. Anger builds up or just frustration with members leads to direct swearing at each other in comments being posted. Difference of opinions cause members to stand their ground till the point of telling the other member to "fuck off" or call them names. The playground seems to be less cordial than in the past. A heated discussion is okay but being verbally offensive to others is not. The VHTV Forum is worse but some respect and etiquette should prevail here at camcaps I would think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, dougiestyle4u said:

While it is okay to belittle each other in the Politics topics it seems to be getting out of hand with respect to other forum topics. Anger builds up or just frustration with members leads to direct swearing at each other in comments being posted. Difference of opinions cause members to stand their ground till the point of telling the other member to "fuck off" or call them names. The playground seems to be less cordial than in the past. A heated discussion is okay but being verbally offensive to others is not. The VHTV Forum is worse but some respect and etiquette should prevail here at camcaps I would think.

Every now and then things get heated up where a moderator has to step in and settle it down or toss warnings, timeouts or possible ban, depending on the situation and whether the person has a history of such behavior or someone with a first time.  We try to keep on top of it but somedays is a bit harder than others to get through everything all in one day. Moderators and myself included are not on here every hour of the day so things have to be tended and dealt with when someone's available to take care of the matter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

When you deal with children in mommies basement, that's what happens. Adults mostly know how to argue constructively. Kids, not so much.

Yeah, some just lack any conversation skills. When comments get repetitive or silly then I just walk away. Being verbally abusive doesn't solve anything - just brings out the child in you.  Can't fix stupid. At times some of the comments back and forth remind me of "road rage". I am known to sometimes instigate some heated conversations about certain topics and then I step back to let the fun begin - gets members participating though - :smile:. I'm bad - hehe haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Yeah, some just lack any conversation skills. When comments get repetitive or silly then I just walk away. Being verbally abusive doesn't solve anything - just brings out the child in you.  Can't fix stupid. At times some of the comments back and forth remind me of "road rage". I am known to sometimes instigate some heated conversations about certain topics and then I step back to let the fun begin - gets members participating though - :smile:. I'm bad - hehe haha.

Back in the day when this forum first began that type of posting was an everyday occurrence, like walking into a Gunfight at the OK Corral. Everyone got along fine and ones who did not like a persons postings just put the user on their ignore lists. Then around 2016 something changed and it had become a lot lighter on the way posts were presented in the apartment topics. Too many whiners and complainers.

On a personal view I don't care what others post about tenants unless it's something from a tenants social media accounts but I do take issue when others get into a mudslinging fest and name calling of other posters by use of foul expletives and making things personal on the forum because some disagree with what others post or how they present their posts. Some post short brief sentences and some others seem to try writing a novel on a simple subject. Most posters realize that about 75% of what gets posted on the forum is pure speculation. That's what makes forums thrive. Everyone has a right to their own view of a situation whether they have the facts or just want to speculate and should not be called out for their posts because others disagree with them. After all they're entitled to their opinion as well as the next. If they don't like being called out for their posts then they should not do it to others. If they don't like a persons post then use the Ignore List as has been suggested many times throughout the course of a year. that's what it's there for.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Trolling dougiestyle!!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2023 at 2:01 AM, StnCld316 said:

Back in the day when this forum first began that type of posting was an everyday occurrence, like walking into a Gunfight at the OK Corral. Everyone got along fine and ones who did not like a persons postings just put the user on their ignore lists. Then around 2016 something changed and it had become a lot lighter on the way posts were presented in the apartment topics. Too many whiners and complainers.

On a personal view I don't care what others post about tenants unless it's something from a tenants social media accounts but I do take issue when others get into a mudslinging fest and name calling of other posters by use of foul expletives and making things personal on the forum because some disagree with what others post or how they present their posts. Some post short brief sentences and some others seem to try writing a novel on a simple subject. Most posters realize that about 75% of what gets posted on the forum is pure speculation. That's what makes forums thrive. Everyone has a right to their own view of a situation whether they have the facts or just want to speculate and should not be called out for their posts because others disagree with them. After all they're entitled to their opinion as well as the next. If they don't like being called out for their posts then they should not do it to others. If they don't like a persons post then use the Ignore List as has been suggested many times throughout the course of a year. that's what it's there for.

2016 is around the time you came down with a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome which you still suffer from. Think there's a connection? :tongue:

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, dougiestyle4u said:

Well that was the way it was until the so called administrator decided it should be changed. Originally, the so called politics forum stated at the beginning that it was to be entered at ones on risk. Evidently that rule decided to be overturned after too much of the opposite minded individuals comments were being posted. So now, we have what this website has involved into which is basically nothing more than invasion of free speech.

38 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

basically nothing more than invasion of free speech.

Free speech should have some "respectful" limits and not be all-inclusive or anything goes, in my opinion. Have you ever seen shouting and physical confrontations inside political arenas? Things get out of hand and gets disgusting to hear and watch. Even "enter at your own risk" shouldn't include a free-for-all with verbal attacks against individuals because respect would be kicked to the curb. Do family members have regular verbally offensive discussions as shown by some members? I think not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone can talk politics, religion, abortion or any other decisive topic but when it becomes toxic with name calling and being totally ignorant and disrespectful towards each other then take it outside or get a hotel room FFS. Personally, I avoid these confrontations because it never ends well. Politics and religion are way above my pay grade. I am a peace and love person. I am more into works of art and masterpieces - women.

ich fluche über keine anderen CC-Mitglieder - nur in Verteidigung. Ich versuche mit Fakten zu überzeugen. Doch das gelingt nicht, weil ich als bekennender Deutscher immer mit alter Geschichte beleidigt werde - um von aktuellem Versagen von US-Politik abzulenken.

ICH bin nicht daran Schuld das politische Themen bei CC gekillt wurden !!     Manchen "Menschen" fehlt einfach der Geist auf Fakten seriös zu antworten.  Beleidigungen sind keine Antwort von Menschen.   😁

1 minute ago, StarLight28 said:

ich fluche über keine anderen CC-Mitglieder - nur in Verteidigung. Ich versuche mit Fakten zu überzeugen. Doch das gelingt nicht, weil ich als bekennender Deutscher immer mit alter Geschichte beleidigt werde - um von aktuellem Versagen von US-Politik abzulenken.

ICH bin nicht daran Schuld das politische Themen bei CC gekillt wurden !!     Manchen "Menschen" fehlt einfach der Geist auf Fakten seriös zu antworten.  Beleidigungen sind keine Antwort von Menschen.   😁

Fucking fuck off