B4 - General Topic 2023 #71 (November)

53 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

All the same bullshit language.

Bullshit is the language you speak , the one that everybody can learn easily because it was made for people like you which have difficulties to think and use the brain , that’s why you can never ever learn German or French or Russian even Greek ,  these languages have rules and an explanation why there’s a plural and not a “ I EAT , YOU EAT “ and then “ WE EAT , YOU EAT , THEY EAT “ 😂🤣😂 , just a language for people who can’t use their brain 😁😆😁😆

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Bullshit is the language you speak , the one that everybody can learn easily because it was made for people like you which have difficulties to think and use the brain , that’s why you can never ever learn German or French or Russian even Greek ,  these languages have rules and an explanation why there’s a plural and not a “ I EAT , YOU EAT “ and then “ WE EAT , YOU EAT , THEY EAT “ 😂🤣😂 , just a language for people who can’t use their brain 😁😆😁😆

My language can't be bullshit if everyone wants to learn and speak it. Fuck those other languages.

14 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

Great answers but I still don't know. 😉

Ukrainian is the official language of Ukraine. It's a Slavic language, which means it's related to languages such as Russian, Czech, and Polish. This is a huge language family with lots of linguistic diversity, so modern Ukrainian shares some commonalities with its closest relatives, Russian and Belorussian, and fewer with its more distant cousins (like Czech)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, amiya.ifrit013 said:

I think it was more a timing thing. Sara wanted her guy to come to the Ukrainian dinner party, but as he is without a car for like 1.5 weeks, he uses that as an excuse now

I wonder if this guy is the bald Italian that showed up weeks ago. He stayed in Sara's room the whole time he was at the villa, they kissed but nothing more than that, Sara seemed into him. It was one or two days after K&S lock lips for the first time

Il y a 1 heure, Maxbell a dit :

Question

Can Russian girls speak Ukrainian or visa versa? Are the languages really similar? It never seems an issue

Ukrainians usually have less of a hard time understanding Russian than visa versa. Although on paper at first glance they look the same, using the same alphabet and all, they are quite different in actual word and sound. 

Yes, they are considered Slavic, and derived from "old Russian" but as with all language groups, through time and geopolitics, they started to progress into what the languages are today. The only example I can come up with right now is maybe Frisian and Dutch? While Dutch progressed into the language it is today, Frisian seems to have an old Germanic sound to it (from what I have heard so far, didn't study the history of the languages) which sounds like a combination of Dutch, German and the likes of Danish/Scandinavian. 

However, due to colonisation of Russia in Ukraine, modern Russian became part of daily exposure and that's why Ukrainians will understand Russian more likely but Russians have a hard time understanding Ukrainian. Happens all over the world, Look at the Philippines where due to colonisation you can still find Spanish back in their language.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corvette08 said:

My language can't be bullshit if everyone wants to learn and speak it. Fuck those other languages.

Yes it can, everyone wants to learn & speak English (some even Australian), but nobody wants to learn American

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1