B1 - General Topic 2024 #4 (March - April)

7 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

Actually I saw it on replay earlier today. The conversation occurred on March 27th around 12:12 to 12:14.

Thanks.

OK, then I understand. I assumed her speech took place this morning. My impression is that she made several gestures today that she had something to say, but it didn't happen. I think she briefly read the posts on the sofa this morning and said "you're so cute, people," and that was it.

On Tuesday she was still at the beginning of her crisis, probably still overwhelmed by the events of the weekend and full of hope. I think Octavia has largely buried her hopes today. Her gestures suggest that there has been no message from Carlos. I miss the joy on her face and her singing in the shower. It will take a while...

14 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

On Tuesday she was still at the beginning of her crisis, probably still overwhelmed by the events of the weekend and full of hope. I think Octavia has largely buried her hopes today. Her gestures suggest that there has been no message from Carlos. I miss the joy on her face and her singing in the shower. It will take a while...

Yes it will take some time, but she will overcome it.

1 hour ago, itohkata said:

Thank you for the transcription ! 

I do agree that she's an amazing and beautiful person the way she is. There are so many little things that she does that proves that on a regular daily basis. She's not perfect, but that's even better because perfection is boring. 

Thinking about thoughts as cloud is actually a very good image and you can run that metaphor pretty far (if you have dark thought, the sky is gray, etc).

I would disagree with her on "Life always happens the way it's meant to be". While I strongly believe that life has its own way, I built my whole life on making sure that life goes my way. Life itself has no intent. But it would be foolish to believe you can control 100% your life. The best you can do is try to steer it in a specific direction that seems the good one (and seize any good opportunity that arise) and hope that it will go in that direction and that it is the good one.

These are some very nice comments. Thank you.

To clarify…she did not say “life always happens the way it's meant to be”. That is my comment. Life is a happening. The fact that something happens means it could not have been otherwise. Oh…if I had just done something differently…well, you didn't. We behave the way we do as a result of our genes and up-to-date conditioning. Our nature and nurture is another way to put it. We have been conditioned all of our lives by our parents, our friends, our teachers, TV, social media, etc…it goes on and on and it is this conditioning that brings forth our responses and yet we still say “I chose to do that”. A choice is just a thought and we don't control what thoughts arise. (If we did wouldn't we just choose the good ones?). A choice happens and then another thought comes in and says “look what I did” and takes credit…and yet this is just another thought. You are what is aware of the thoughts, not the thoughts themselves.

You are life experiencing itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some really nice comments Melle2 and itohkata. I agree it will take some time and that she will overcome things as that is what life is about. She is a smart girl and is learning and growing at a fast pace as she ends up in the fast lane quite often.

15 hours ago, OneBeing said:

Some really nice comments Melle2 and itohkata. I agree it will take some time and that she will overcome things as that is what life is about. She is a smart girl and is learning and growing at a fast pace as she ends up in the fast lane quite often.

I have to admit that these posts about Octavia give me a lot of pleasure because the contributions are on a really nice level. It should also be mentioned that Octavia is worthy of receiving such comments. She is not only a beautiful and intelligent young woman, but from my point of view a really real person who doesn't put on a show for us like so many others at RLC

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

I have to admit that these posts about Octavia give me a lot of pleasure because the contributions are on a really nice level. It should also be mentioned that Octavia is worthy of receiving such comments. She is not a beautiful and intelligent young woman, but from my point of view a really real person who doesn't put on a show for us like so many others at RLC

That is such an important point and the reason it is so compelling to be able to share a bit of her life. She is a real person. Honest, sensitive and open. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

I have to admit that these posts about Octavia give me a lot of pleasure because the contributions are on a really nice level. It should also be mentioned that Octavia is worthy of receiving such comments. She is not just a beautiful and intelligent young woman, but from my point of view a really real person who doesn't put on a show for us like so many others at RLC

Is this what you meant?😁

6 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

Is this what you meant?😁

It may be that this is better. English is not my native language, so I can't say anything I want to say.

I think that's better. English is not my native language, so not everything I want to say comes out.

11 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

It may be that this is better. English is not my native language, so I can't say anything I want to say.

I think that's better. English is not my native language, so not everything I want to say comes out.

I am impressed with the high level of communication from those for whom English is not their native language…as well as being able to speak more than one language and in many cases 3 or 4. Your communication is very good. I just thought best to add one word so that Octavia isn't confused as English is not her first language either…although she speaks it very well and is an avid learner. I didn't want it to seem like you were saying she was not beautiful and intelligent which I know you did not mean.

4 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

I am impressed with the high level of communication from those for whom English is not their native language…as well as being able to speak more than one language and in many cases 3 or 4. Your communication is very good. I just thought best to add one word so that Octavia isn't confused as English is not her first language either…although she speaks it very well and is an avid learner. I didn't want it to seem like you were saying she was not beautiful and intelligent which I know you did not mean.

Then the correction is absolutely necessary