B1 - General Topic 2024 #4 (March - April)

8 minutes ago, itohkata said:

I see a few possible reasons if they haven't been in contact :

• he's over his head with something else, or had an accident.
  • it's over for him and he's a coward to not say so
  • that was just a sex thing (maybe he was a RLC watcher before knowing her)
  • he likes her and that's a macho thing to keep her under control

All in all (except the first one), it may not appear as that to her, but she might be dodging a bullet.

There are other fish in the sea she can go out and catch.  :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, itohkata said:

I see a few possible reasons if they haven't been in contact :

• he's over his head with something else, or had an accident.
  • it's over for him and he's a coward to not say so
  • that was just a sex thing (maybe he was a RLC watcher before knowing her)
  • he likes her and that's a macho thing to keep her under control

All in all (except the first one), it may not appear as that to her, but she might be dodging a bullet.

He told her that he was on vacation with his parents and that's why he didn't communicate. When she asked why he posts photos on Instagram but doesn't write to her, he replied that he answers her when he wants to. Not exactly the answer you'd expect from someone who theoretically looks out for each other's well-being, right?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

Oh she can catch shools of fish without moving the finger. She just have to sit at a bar, smile a little, and hordes of male will be trying to get her.

But she doesn't seem to look for quantity but quality. And that is harder to find. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

He told her that he was on vacation with his parents and that's why he didn't communicate. When she asked why he posts photos on Instagram but doesn't write to her, he replied that he answers her when he wants to. Not exactly the answer you'd expect from someone who theoretically looks out for each other's well-being, right?

yes, that is a red flag.

8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

That's probably right, that would also be my approach. But Octavia is very emotional, was really looking forward to the physical closeness, enjoyed the sex and hoped for further development. Plus she fell in love...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Oh she can catch shools of fish without moving the finger. She just have to sit at a bar, smile a little, and hordes of male will be trying to get her.

But she doesn't seem to look for quantity but quality. And that is harder to find. 

She can always stand on the street looking for a date.  

police cop GIF by South Park

2 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

That's probably right, that would also be my approach. But Octavia is very emotional, was really looking forward to the physical closeness, enjoyed the sex and hoped for further development. Plus she fell in love...

Life is full of surprises.  It's likely not her first or last time getting stood up or ghosted.  

• Upvote 1

Octavia had an important conversation with herself in the mirror earlier today.

She is a good person who genuinely cares about others. She truly has good intentions in life. She realizes it's OK to make mistakes but in reality there are no “mistakes”. There is living and learning and some of the best lessons are learned from so-called mistakes which are really nothing more than life happening differently than we “expected” and then a judgement happens that says that it shouldn't have happened that way. Life always happens the way it is meant to.

She likes her strong body. It is beautiful and yes, she has totally amazing eyes. She said l am weak here and pointed to her head. Not true. Thinking happens. It is OK too. Realize that thoughts appear like clouds in the sky. You can watch them pass without having to get involved with them if you don't want to. Who is it that sees the thoughts? Since we are aware of them it means we are not them. Some thoughts are useful, others can just be let go. Thoughts will keep arising. You don't have to believe them.

“It's OK to just be” She said this and it is the deepest truth. You are Being itself. Being is the one that is aware of everything. Being is the one that is aware of those thoughts. Rest in Being as it is our true nature. It is the peace and contentment prior to involvement with feelings, thoughts and perceptions. It is the absence of a sense of lack.

Octavia is a beautiful person just the way she is.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

She is a good person who genuinely cares about others. She truly has good intentions in life. She realizes it's OK to make mistakes but in reality there are no “mistakes”. There is living and learning and some of the best lessons are learned from so-called mistakes which are really nothing more than life happening differently than we “expected” and then a judgement happens that says that it shouldn't have happened that way. Life always happens the way it is meant to.

She likes her strong body. It is beautiful and yes, she has totally amazing eyes. She said l am weak here and pointed to her head. Not true. Thinking happens. It is OK too. Realize that thoughts appear like clouds in the sky. You can watch them pass without having to get involved with them if you don't want to. Who is it that sees the thoughts? Since we are aware of them it means we are not them. Some thoughts are useful, others can just be let go. Thoughts will keep arising. You don't have to believe them.

“It's OK to just be” She said this and it is the deepest truth. You are Being itself. Being is the one that is aware of everything. Being is the one that is aware of those thoughts. Rest in Being as it is our true nature. It is the peace and contentment prior to involvement with feelings, thoughts and perceptions. It is the absence of a sense of lack.

Can you tell me when that happened?
Otherwise I totally agree with you, she is a wonderful person

12 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

Thank you for the transcription ! 

I do agree that she's an amazing and beautiful person the way she is. There are so many little things that she does that proves that on a regular daily basis. She's not perfect, but that's even better because perfection is boring. 

Thinking about thoughts as cloud is actually a very good image and you can run that metaphor pretty far (if you have dark thought, the sky is gray, etc).

I would disagree with her on "Life always happens the way it's meant to be". While I strongly believe that life has its own way, I built my whole life on making sure that life goes my way. Life itself has no intent. But it would be foolish to believe you can control 100% your life. The best you can do is try to steer it in a specific direction that seems the good one (and seize any good opportunity that arise) and hope that it will go in that direction and that it is the good one.

17 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Thank you for the transcription ! 

I do agree that she's an amazing and beautiful person the way she is. There are so many little things that she does that proves that on a regular daily basis. She's not perfect, but that's even better because perfection is boring. 

Thinking about thoughts as cloud is actually a very good image and you can run that metaphor pretty far (if you have dark thought, the sky is gray, etc).

I would disagree with her on "Life always happens the way it's meant to be". While I strongly believe that life has its own way, I built my whole life on making sure that life goes my way. Life itself has no intent. But it would be foolish to believe you can control 100% your life. The best you can do is try to steer it in a specific direction that seems the good one (and seize any good opportunity that arise) and hope that it will go in that direction and that it is the good one.

That's a wonderful idea

1 hour ago, Melle2 said:

Can you tell me when that happened?
Otherwise I totally agree with you, she is a wonderful person

Actually I saw it on replay earlier today. The conversation occurred on March 27th around 12:12 to 12:14.