Everything Mobile! goes here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

anyone could help? lately cant reach RLC with android mobile.

puffin says: "it appears you are trying to access RLC through an anonymous proxy tool. Please log in as a member or disable any anonymizers and try again"

it has nothing to do with router ip as from same wifi network i connect with laptop.

20 minutes ago, curious said:

anyone could help? lately cant reach RLC with android mobile.

puffin says: "it appears you are trying to access RLC through an anonymous proxy tool. Please log in as a member or disable any anonymizers and try again"

it has nothing to do with router ip as from same wifi network i connect with laptop.

That error means that RLC thinks you're using a VPN or other anonymous proxy tool
to access their site, effectively "unblocking" your IP address, so you can access RLC
again, after being blocked/banned by them.

This type of software changes your IP address, so RLC won't recognize you as a
blocked RLC user. Unfortunately, RLC is aware of a lot of this type of software and
checks to see if you're using it before they allow you into their site.

Each of your devices is assigned a different IP address by your ISP. If your ISP uses
dynamic IP addresses, then each time you login to the Internet, your device gets a
different IP address to identify it. In that case, RLC can't track you as being a banned
user, because your IP address is different each time.

It's a device identification system. Each device gets a unique IP address to access
the Internet, otherwise, it would be mass chaos out there.

However, if your ISP uses static IP addresses, it means your device gets the exact same
IP address each time you use their service to access the Internet with that device, thereby
letting RLC know that you are one of their banned users and allowing them to stop you
at the gate.

RLC also just does not like anonymizers, such as VPNs, and checks to see if you're using
one, whether you're banned or not. They won't allow you through to their site if they detect
that you're using any type of anonymizer.

If you're using some sort of anonymizer, you'll either need to turn it off to access their site 
or use one that their system doesn't recognize. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Also, you post some really super content and I greatly appreciate that. Please continue 
with your wonderful posts. Thank you.

1 hour ago, curious said:

Can someone cinfirm tht watches RLC through Puffin browser on an Android?

Did you mean confirm what I said is true? What I said is true, but the problem is
not Puffin, unless it comes with built-in VPN software or a proxy or you added a VPN
extension to it. The problem is RLC thinks you're running some kind of anonymizer
software on your phone. Whether or not you are, I can't say, but RLC thinks you are.
The error message is not coming from Puffin, it's coming from RLC. They are the
culprit here, not Puffin.

@curious, a little over a year ago, RLC blocked my IP address for absolutely no reason,
at all, but that's another story. I use Firefox on my Windows laptop and when I try to get
around that little ban using a VPN that RLC recognizes, this is the error message I get.
Firefox shows me the message because that's the browser I'm using, but it's coming
from RLC. I hope this helps. Enjoy your weekend.

2018-02-16 11_43_17-RealLifeCam — Please authorize!.jpg

Archived