Hey TBG, and Foamy,.. Remember when..

woodworker

Spent my boyhood summers on my grandparent's ranch that used horses and was an Indian Guide during the summers during my later teens at El Rancho Cima boyscout camp. I had to look up "posting." The horse taught me to be light in the saddle by occasionally but deliberately popping me into the air, then hopping sideways just enough that I would land halfway off the saddle, then stop; pitching me head over heels into the dirt. Then the damn thing would wait patiently for me to get back on. Eventually I caught on and he stopped doing that. Smart-assed equine.

• Upvote 1

You mean that you went to summer camp with my wife?  :yikes:  She can canter with the best and post with the rest.

My cousins had to go to Jewish summer camp one year. They told me that there was some cantorial posting that took their  respective breaths away.

But that's a long story.

• Upvote 1

My cousins had to go to Jewish summer camp one year. They told me that there was some cantorial posting that took their  respective breaths away.

But that's a long story.

Oh. I thought "Cantorial posting" was a euphemism for something else.

In that case, it would have had to be a long dong posting. ;D

• Upvote 1

You mean that you went to summer camp with my wife?  :yikes:  She can canter with the best and post with the rest.

Oh. I thought "Cantorial posting" was a euphemism for something else.

In that case, it would have had to be a long dong posting. ;D

So, Mr. Rodent, your mind is as sick as mine.  :yes:  That is exactly where mine went while reading that post.  Great minds think alike.

Speaking of saddle horns.... Remember the bicycle seats that were padded and had springs underneath? Well one of my HS friend's little sister had a bike with that kind of seat only the bracket that held the front down had broken so the seat would point slightly up, suspended by the springs. As you can imagine, the front tip of the seat would bounce as she rode over the bumps in the sidewalk and street. It was a while before I realized why she rode slightly off the seat... I'm pretty sure I caught on before her brother because sometimes she would help me with my paper route for movie money and one day I saw her start to gently rub her puss on the point of the seat with a rather determined look on her face and glaze in her eyes and she would coast a lot for that bit. I look back and wonder why I didn't take advantage and also what else I missed.

• Upvote 2

Hey Foamy:

Here's one for "remember when"

During WWII, there was a shortage of all metals as they went to the war effort.

I had a paper route (remember what they were?) and the wagon I kept my papers on had was all wood with wooden, yes, wooden wheels. Boy, maybe that didn't make a racket when I pulled it around my route.

How's that for nostalgia?

Rollex

• Upvote 1