Jump to content

RLC Digital Fingerprinting explained


itsme
 Share

Recommended Posts

After doing some research on this I've come to the conclusion that RLC is likely using both digital watermarking and digital fingerprinting. Watermarking "adds information, embedding it within a video and/or audio signal, while Fingerprinting does not add any information — it analyses the media, identifying a unique set of inherent properties" (Digimarc). In other words, the dots that we all see are a form of watermarking (it is also possible to make invisible watermarks), behind the scenes they are fingerprinting their video streams.  So it is very likely that no matter what you try to crop out or obscure from an image or video they can still find out who you are.  Here is what I think is the most interesting thing which explains a lot:

 

The search service only crawls the public web, which means that if someone posts one of your photos on a private Facebook post, we can’t find this for you. The same is true of other social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram and others that allow users to mark posts as private.

 

There are an estimated 1 billion sites on the public web, and we're currently crawling on the order of 100 million annually, scanning billions of individual images in the process. Sites are selected for crawling based on their age and adjacency to other known sites, and are crawled based on their link structure.

 

So likely what is happening is that RLC is using Digimarc or a similar service to Watermark and Fingerprint their content, and then paying them to crawl the internet in search of images and videos that match said fingerprints, and then banning whomever posted the content. In theory, if you use a publicly available image host such as postimage.org, or anony.ws, they could find your file before you even have a chance to share it here or anywhere else, depending on how fast they crawl those sites.

Putting this all together: It is unlikely that RLC is employing someone to monitor this site for their content 24/7, rather it is completely automated and not being performed by them.  The takeaway is that they likely can’t use this method to find content that is not publicly available I.e. the attachment center or private messages.  Secondly, it may be possible to use some type of filter or re-encoding to make the watermarks and fingerprints invalid. This might also explain why some videos are still up on sites like YouTube after several years while others are removed within a few days, either they are pre-fingerprinting, or they have been modified enough to remove the fingerprint. 

 

https://www.digimarc.com/docs/default-source/technology-resources/white-papers/rhozet_wp_fingerprinting_watermarking.pdf

 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They really don't need to crawl that far. There's only like this forum and one other, and they're well aware of both. So yeah, they probably do have someone monitoring these sites, but they don't seem to care that much, as it doesn't really hurt their business (it might even help advertising them)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tFighterPilot said:

They really don't need to crawl that far. There's only like this forum and one other, and they're well aware of both. So yeah, they probably do have someone monitoring these sites, but they don't seem to care that much, as it doesn't really hurt their business (it might even help advertising them)

It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of convenience and efficiency. Why pay someone to monitor a forum all day when you can have a web crawler automatically scour the web for your content? These types of forums aren't the only place RLC content shows up, I am sure there are 10's if not hundreds of other sites that routinely have RLC content uploaded to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, itsme said:

I am sure there are 10's if not hundreds of other sites that routinely have RLC content uploaded to them.

I first learned about RLC and CC from uselessjunk.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

juste pour dire que la nouvelle version de Ocam, détruit tous les abonnements gratuits, dans la mise à jour 2016!!! tous ceux qui utilise ce programme, doivent le quitter immédiatement!!! ocam f^^ut un sublime logiciel gratuit, mais apparemment, le profit est plus important!!!!!!! merci et tchaooo...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those of you who are linguistically challenged, corboblanc said "just to say that the new version of Ocam destroys all free subscriptions in the updated 2016 !!! anyone who uses this program, must leave immediately !!! ocam f ^^ ut a sublime free, but apparently, the profit is more important !!!!!!! thank you ... and tchaooo"

I found Bandicam to be much more useful, but be careful where you download it. I did it once from a bad site and got a ton of inserted crapware. If you download from the originator's site, you'll be better off, although some browsers report it as a nefarious site, it does work and it's more flexible that Ocam ever was.

And yes, I found out about CC via RLC and I found out about RLC from 4chan/b. Shame on me!

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a 9 minutes, Foamy T. Squirrel a dit :

Pour ceux d' entre vous qui sont linguistiquement contesté, corboblanc dit " juste pour dire que la nouvelle version de Ocam détruit tous les abonnements gratuits à la mise à jour 2016 !!! quiconque utilise ce programme , doit quitter immédiatement !!! OCAM f ^^ ut un sublime libre, mais apparemment , le bénéfice est plus important !!!!!!! merci ... et tchaooo "

Je trouvai Bandicam d'être beaucoup plus utile, mais attention où vous le téléchargez. Je l'ai fait une fois à partir d'un mauvais emplacement et a obtenu une tonne de crapware inséré. Si vous téléchargez à partir du site de l'expéditeur, vous serez mieux, même si certains navigateurs signalent comme un site néfaste, il ne fonctionne et il est plus flexible que Ocam a jamais été.

Et oui, j'ai découvert CC via RLC et je découvert RLC de 4chan / b. Honte sur moi!

 

en fait, ocam est un logiciel gratuit de capture video/photo, l'un des meilleurs!!! mais leur nouvelle mise à jour obligatoire ne fonctionne plus correctement!!! quand vous enregistrez une video, et que vous désirez stopper l'enregistrement, cela ne s'arrête pas, et vous devez appuyer sur stop une quinzaine de fois!!! ce qui vous donne 15 enregistrement d'1 seconde!!! en plus, quand vous stoppez, une fenêtre ocam s'ouvre, et vous devez la fermer avant de pouvoir continuer!!! une grosse perte de temps, qui vous fait perdre de précieuse images rlc!!!!

in fact, ocam is a free capture video / photo, one of the best !!! but their new compulsory release day no longer works properly !!! when you record a video, and you want to stop recording, it does not stop, and you must press stop a couple of times !!! which gives you 15 recording 1 second !!! in addition, when you stop a ocam window opens, and you must close it before you continue !!! a big waste of time, which makes you lose valuable rlc pictures !!!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, corboblanc said:

en fait, ocam est un logiciel gratuit de capture video/photo, l'un des meilleurs!!! mais leur nouvelle mise à jour obligatoire ne fonctionne plus correctement!!! quand vous enregistrez une video, et que vous désirez stopper l'enregistrement, cela ne s'arrête pas, et vous devez appuyer sur stop une quinzaine de fois!!! ce qui vous donne 15 enregistrement d'1 seconde!!! en plus, quand vous stoppez, une fenêtre ocam s'ouvre, et vous devez la fermer avant de pouvoir continuer!!! une grosse perte de temps, qui vous fait perdre de précieuse images rlc!!!!

in fact, ocam is a free capture video / photo, one of the best !!! but their new compulsory release day no longer works properly !!! when you record a video, and you want to stop recording, it does not stop, and you must press stop a couple of times !!! which gives you 15 recording 1 second !!! in addition, when you stop a ocam window opens, and you must close it before you continue !!! a big waste of time, which makes you lose valuable rlc pictures !!!!

Bandicam works better than oCam by a long margin.  Just preset your HotKeys and screen resolution and your good to go.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, corboblanc said:

mince!!! bandicam est payant!!!:sad:

The one I have all I do is register any email address with it  and it works as full version which removes the Bandicam Watermark and allows longer than 10 Minutes Recording.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 3 heures, StnCld316 a dit :

The one I have all I do is register any email address with it  and it works as full version which removes the Bandicam Watermark and allows longer than 10 Minutes Recording.

ho, ok, voilà pourquoi il y a cet énorme "bandicam" sur les vidéos!!! je vais tenter de trouver un crack.....

oh, ok, that's why there is this huge "Bandicam" on the videos !!! I will try to find a crack .....:blush:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, corboblanc said:

ho, ok, voilà pourquoi il y a cet énorme "bandicam" sur les vidéos!!! je vais tenter de trouver un crack.....

oh, ok, that's why there is this huge "Bandicam" on the videos !!! I will try to find a crack .....:blush:

Les versions crackées finissent par ne plus fonctionner après 3 ou 4 semaines. Et comme toujours être très vigilant sur l'origine du crack car certains contiennent des virus

Cracked Bandicam versions stop working after 3 or  4 weeks. And as always , be very careful about where the crack come from because some are fake and contain viruses

.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...