Voyeur-House.TV - Part 1

3 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Problem was the bandwith was so high at the beginning stream quality was really good but users with low speed connections could not watch without getting buffering all the time. They lowered it drastically and after that it was really worse. They adjusted it a bit and now its ok. Not as good as at the beginning but ok. 

I still favor a SD Switch for low speed users and an HD switch for high speed users. @Voyeur House TV will you tell us if its possible?

No SD.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stanley said:

The biggest negative over the last few months is the downgrading of the quality of the stream. You used to have really good quality stream and you suddenly dropped the quality and now the feeds are bad especially when there is any kind of movement on screen.

True. The quality decreased slightly. This is done as temporary measure while we do develop something great to solve this once and for all for everyone. As @jabbath1987 said, this is done to satisfy the share of users, who have slow bandwidth connection at the moment. The share of these users is very large. What I'm saying, that soon there will be not only the switch to SD/HD, but something better for automatic quality change depending on the bandwidth you have. And it won't be that simple as two simultaneous streams, but it will be more adaptive and invisible to end user. Be sure that if you have good bandwidth, you will get the corresponding quality.

I think part of the reason why people think you are not fullfilling promises is because you are trying to do too much at once and not really achieving anything fully. For example, you rolled out a timeline a few months ago, but rather that concentrating on it you have left it in beta full of bugs and mostly unusable and gone on to work on the archive. We now have an archive in beta with bugs - although it is usable. It would have been better to do one thing at a time. Get the timeline working properly before starting on the archive.

I do agree with you. You can't kill two birds with one stone, and we have already stumbled upon this problem at VHTV. We have learned our lessons, thus continue fucking things up sometimes. Now we focus to finish things one by one to roll out better initial feature's versions. As said, you will see new Timeline soon, and we're doing our best to make it very usable and convenient for everyone.

The changes made to the Alex, Anna, Peter, Emma, Louie, Kate apartment, you said were done to "improve the overall experience". In my opinion what we have now in realm 6 has not improved my overall experience from what we had before.

You don't see the end result yet. These changes have not been finished, just the first step of separating all of them has been done.

I'm really frustrated with Voyeur House at the moment, because I really think you have potential to be a great site. Maybe you are taking 2 steps back to go 3 steps forward. But I just thing that you have gone backwards. I have 2 weeks left of my subscription - if it ended today I'm not sure I would renew. I'm hoping that you will make some changes for the better over the next 2 weeks to so that my decision on whether to renew or not will be easier (like go back to higher quality feeds and get the timeline working).

Can't promise we will keep you within these two weeks, but be sure you are welcome to join back anytime in the future. Thank you for your feedback, @stanley

3 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

I still favor a SD Switch for low speed users and an HD switch for high speed users. @Voyeur House TV will you tell us if its possible?

Answered in the message above. The switch is possible to appear in player, but our goal is to make it useless to end user and to decide on the quality on our backend to switch it automatically, depending on the bandwidth you have.

• Upvote 1

As a non-subscriber I'm sure my opinions on the matter are pretty null but I will express them anyway.

I am generally not a fan of VH for three reasons, with only one of them being my own petty preference. Out of the 8 apartments minus the Geri/David apt, none offer any interest for me personally, but again that's my own personal preference and I don't really fault anyone for that.

The other two however I find to be a bit more inexcusable: the overall shitty stream quality and timeline. I really don't want to get into again about how dwarfing the stream for free users is pretty stupid other to say that I still think it's pretty stupid. And it's not like I don't get why they do it; to keep people freebies from continuously watching and getting a show without paying, but there are so many smarter ways to nudge people into subbing: you can only allow free users a certain amount of time per day to watch; you can fill the screen with some kind of annoying graphic every few minutes; you can dim or shade the screen with some kind of advertisement whenever something is being recorded on the free cam; but to dwarf the actual stream is just idiotic. An average user coming to the site for the first time is not going to see a shitty stream that lags every 3 or 4 seconds and think it's a good idea to pay for that.

What I find pretty hilarious is how you sporadically try to make yourself out to be so much better than VV, yet you incorporate the same strategies as them because they do the same exact thing. And if you really are hellbent on keeping the stream lag shitty for free users, the very least you can do is acknowledge that on your site so new visitors can know what's going on. "We keep our bandwidth very shitty for non-subscribers. Subscribe for a better viewer experience." The very least you can do is do that much. A few days ago you made a post replying to someone saying something like "we can't promise non-lag for free users" or something like that, except you've also acknowledged in the past that it's something you do on purpose. The final three things I'll say on that is 1) stop making the mistake of only responding to people here and making posts here and not updating your site on such decisions. Despite what many people want to forget or fail to remember is the posters here on CC only make up a small portion of your over subscriber base. You might want to keep that in mind. 2) You want to keep the bandwidth throttled for free users in an attempt to encourage people to pay for a better bandwidth, yet paid users here have also complained about lagging and one even mentioned lagging in the timeline. You REALLY need to do something about that because that makes you come off as kinda scummy (which was always my initial concern about that tactic). 3) Take what I say with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, I probably still wouldn't subscribe. As I said in the beginning, nothing is being offered that suits my tastes. I only mentioned that in the beginning to show that I'm trying to be as objective about this as I can.

As for the second reason why I'm not a fan of VH and to further touch on the hilarity of trying to make yourself out to be better than VV, the fact that your timeline is still absolute shit is mind boggling, as per the complaints I've read from those that subscribe. Say what you want about VV, but one thing they did right was incorporate a fully functioning and easily navigated archive and record feature VERY early on in their inception. RLC has a perfectly functioning rewind feature that's still fairly new and works perfectly. VHTV on the otherhand have had months building this timeline feature and it's still shit?? That is so NOT a good look. I would say before you start trying to make yourself better than your competitors, you might want to start getting your shit together first, especially on those things that your competitors are doing better than you.

• Upvote 1

Hi, miscvoyeur.

31 minutes ago, miscvoyeur said:

The other two however I find to be a bit more inexcusable: the overall shitty stream quality and timeline. I really don't want to get into again about how dwarfing the stream for free users is pretty stupid other to say that I still think it's pretty stupid. And it's not like I don't get why they do it; to keep people freebies from continuously watching and getting a show without paying, but there are so many smarter ways to nudge people into subbing: you can only allow free users a certain amount of time per day to watch; you can fill the screen with some kind of annoying graphic every few minutes; you can dim or shade the screen with some kind of advertisement whenever something is being recorded on the free cam; but to dwarf the actual stream is just idiotic. An average user coming to the site for the first time is not going to see a shitty stream that lags every 3 or 4 seconds and think it's a good idea to pay for that.

The thing is, we don't dwarf or throttle down free streams on purpose. If we stated so in the past, please provide a link to the post. I may have personally made a mistake stating otherwise, but that may happened by mistake. The reason I'm saying that, is that we do improve stream speeds and quality for premium users, while not focusing on improving it for free infrastructure. I agree with you, notifications are needed and we plan to implement them. The idiotic way it is done right now is truly idiotic, i agree with you. Unfortunately, we were limited in development resources  before this month, but recently we have boosted our resources and sped up development. That's how we already have almost perfect timeline, yet it's available for a close group of users, who help us creating Archive Moments. It will become available for any user soon, right after we polish everything. Basically, the only thing that is not done by now is keeping it's zoom and position state while switching to other cameras of the same apartment. All other features are already implemented and are used on daily basis by the users mentioned on previous page: https://camcaps.net/forums/topic/8763-voyeur-housetv/?do=findComment&comment=1634968361

An average user coming to the site for the first time is not going to see a shitty stream that lags every 3 or 4 seconds and think it's a good idea to pay for that.

You know my feels, haha. Be sure I'm the one who really waits for our devs to free up from current, really more important tasks, to be able to implement these kind of notifications to free users :)

The final three things I'll say on that is 1) stop making the mistake of only responding to people here and making posts here and not updating your site on such decisions. Despite what many people want to forget or fail to remember is the posters here on CC only make up a small portion of your over subscriber base. You might want to keep that in mind. 2) You want to keep the bandwidth throttled for free users in an attempt to encourage people to pay for a better bandwidth, yet paid users here have also complained about lagging and one even mentioned lagging in the timeline. You REALLY need to do something about that because that makes you come off as kinda scummy (which was always my initial concern about that tactic).

Oh dear, if only we could update our site on any mention of new feature coming. Development process is way different from what users may expect on front end. Much work is done and the results stay invisible for everyone. All the things mentioned here, on Twitter or via Support are in development and are becoming available as soon as we consider them finished or ready to be rolled out.

yet paid users here have also complained about lagging and one even mentioned lagging in the timeline. You REALLY need to do something about that because that makes you come off as kinda scummy (which was always my initial concern about that tactic).

Not sure how long did you type this post, but we have already confirmed the problems for paid users yesterday and gave the update of the fix applied and the problem solved. This happens and the problems like these WILL happen in the future, no matter how much work is done to prevent them. We do everything to keep these issues the more rare as possible, close to never happening.

As for the second reason why I'm not a fan of VH and to further touch on the hilarity of trying to make yourself out to be better than VV, the fact that your timeline is still absolute shit is mind boggling, as per the complaints I've read from those that subscribe. Say what you want about VV, but one thing they did right was incorporate a fully functioning and easily navigated archive and record feature VERY early on in their inception. RLC has a perfectly functioning rewind feature that's still fairly new and works perfectly. VHTV on the otherhand have had months building this timeline feature and it's still shit?? That is so NOT a good look. I would say before you start trying to make yourself better than your competitors, you might want to start getting your shit together first, especially on those things that your competitors are doing better than you.

Great job of our competitors, can't add anything here. We are here to learn from them and become better so we could become the example to be taken from. Thank you for your feedback, @miscvoyeur

5 minutes ago, Voyeur House TV said:

Yes, we expect people to come this week, and after that it might be taken over by... well, it will smell with pretty much only pussy over there :)

Hehe I get what you mean. Last question for today: What about Alina and Eugene? Will they return?