Site Updates

Admin

All kidding aside,.. When I was very young the story of Samson and Delila, always stuck in my head.

And then there was Dillinger and the Lady in red.

So one always has to be careful around women. Especially the very sweet and innocent ones like Kitten.

Yeah,.. She may have those three adorable thingy's all shaking their cute little butts around,.. But we know, underneath it all, she is positively lethal.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

I am glad to see you are an equal opportunity employer, Admin. Maybe she can add to your knowledge of SQL.

She's always been a sweet poster; I'm sure she'll turn into a wonderful Dominatrix. 

You go, girl!

Just be nice to the little flying Squirrel...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are trying to convert the forum over to a new software. Unfortunately, the conversion requires two conversions once from SMF to phpBB, and then from phpBB to Xenforo. Thus far the conversion hasn't worked properly. I am going to try a few different things and then give it another go later in the week. I will give more notice next time, I didn't realize it would take 5+ to do one conversion.

Thank You,

Admin

So you want to dump SMF?

That migration took a lot more than 5 hours. Closer to 10. I was getting the heebie-jeebies.  ;D ;)

Yes, I want to move to a different more modern software that has better mod support. It takes 5 hours for each conversion, I had to basically start over after having completed it once. I will need to do it a couple of more times, but I am waiting to get a few issues figured out fist. Hopefully, the second time around things will go a bit more smoothly.

Well after yet another failed conversion I am going to give up for on switching for a while. The problem is that the two most popular paid forums (VB and Xenforo) don't have working importers for the software that runs this forum, which means that I have to import the forum into another forum software that has importers available. Thus far the conversion has been failing on the first import, I haven't even been able to try even the second import. I was hoping that the conversion would be relatively quick and easy, but that's not the case. I don't want to take the forum down anymore without having some assurance that things are going to work right. I am look at paid services to do the conversion for me.

This is what I am trying to do:

SMF --> phpBB3 --> Xenforo

Thank you for your patience.

- Admin

Guest bulgachica

Well after yet another failed conversion I am going to give up for on switching for a while. The problem is that the two most popular paid forums (VB and Xenforo) don't have working importers for the software that runs this forum, which means that I have to import the forum into another forum software that has importers available. Thus far the conversion has been failing on the first import, I haven't even been able to try even the second import. I was hoping that the conversion would be relatively quick and easy, but that's not the case. I don't want to take the forum down anymore without having some assurance that things are going to work right. I am look at paid services to do the conversion for me.

This is what I am trying to do:

SMF --> phpBB3 --> Xenforo

Thank you for your patience.

- Admin

Have you looked at elance.com and posted what you need to be done there.  I reckon you could find a very cheap coder there to do it for you.