Silvia & Josh

Someone translating information that gets put out into this forum has the right not to put anything they deem to be sensitive and should be respected, as it is not their responsibility to translate for us as it is done out of their kindness and the same can be said if there were an English speaking people on these site's. It is then for all us to decide if we want to post translations or not. The problem is that if Groomy doesn't filter what he believes to be personal we could end up with the same situation as Sveta & Vlad.

• Upvote 2

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the right not to post it, I'm saying that if the reason not to post it is because he thinks it's too personal then thats not a good enough reason given that the tenant say it in cam. Groomy isn't the only one who knows this stuff, he just so happens to be there only one posting here.

3 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

We should be grateful that groomy translates for us and respect his decision not share things he thinks are too private.

Of course I'm grateful, but I disagree with his logic. If he spilled the beans on everything and literally translated every comment, exactly what harm would be done?

In other words what harm could possibly come from airing what the tenants themselves aired first?  How is me knowing the sensitive nature of their argument somehow off limits when they themselves said it freely on air?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well that's your opinion. And why do you scream at me?

It's more than just an opinion.  People are PAYING money to see these people's lives 24/7.  To say their privacy should be protected contradicts their responsibilities as an employee (probably independent contractor) of VH and their responsibilities to the home viewer.  It's like super-imposing a 'censor' banner over Silvia's boobs/private parts whenever she enters a room with a camera. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Howard said:

It's more than just an opinion.  People are PAYING money to see these people's lives 24/7.  To say their privacy should be protected contradicts their responsibilities as an employee (probably independent contractor) of VH and their responsibilities to the home viewer.  It's like super-imposing a 'censor' banner over Silvia's boobs/private parts whenever she enters a room with a camera. 

magical word "pay for see" not for understand all they doing ^^ 

• Upvote 1

I think very soon we all have the ability to translate every word via some freeware software. The tenants  already know that everything they say and do is captured. Groomy isn't saving them from any harm by not telling us. Note, that I am not demanding that he does this, I'm simply pointing out the flaw in the logic.

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

magical word "pay for see" not for understand all they doing ^^ 

That's just not true. We are paying for audio so if I could understand the language I'd be paying to understand them too. Groomy does.

• Upvote 2

If people really wanted to know all the private going on then there is nothing stopping you to go and learn Russian or Ukranian or any other language that gets spoken. Plus look at the other side what if something gets translated and isn't the correct definition that could lead to a lot of problems too.

If it's so important for anybody to understand what they are saying then take the time and learn the language for yourself. Otherwise stop bitching that Groomy doesn't want to translate something he doesn't feel comfortable doing. Nobody gives a shit what they're saying at any other times but all of a sudden this one time they have a fight and now it's a big deal? Get over yourself.

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about making Groomy do anything. He can do and say whatever he wants. My argument is about the privacy issue. Ask yourself this. If I started translating everything, would you tell me to stop?

I already carved out things that could actually chase harm or lead to a crime.

Answer the question if you can.