Trump Will be Impeached

WASHINGTON — President Trump ordered the firing last June of Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, according to four people told of the matter, but ultimately backed down after the White House counsel threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive.

The West Wing confrontation marks the first time Mr. Trump is known to have tried to fire the special counsel. Mr. Mueller learned about the episode in recent months as his investigators interviewed current and former senior White House officials in his inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice.

Amid the first wave of news media reports that Mr. Mueller was examining a possible obstruction case, the president began to argue that Mr. Mueller had three conflicts of interest that disqualified him from overseeing the investigation, two of the people said.

First, he claimed that a dispute years ago over fees at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., had prompted Mr. Mueller, the F.B.I. director at the time, to resign his membership. The president also said Mr. Mueller could not be impartial because he had most recently worked for the law firm that previously represented the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Finally, the president said, Mr. Mueller had been interviewed to return as the F.B.I. director the day before he was appointed special counsel in May.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66419382&pgtype=Homepage

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 10:13 PM, itsme said:

WASHINGTON — President Trump ordered the firing last June of Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, according to four people told of the matter, but ultimately backed down after the White House counsel threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive.

The West Wing confrontation marks the first time Mr. Trump is known to have tried to fire the special counsel. Mr. Mueller learned about the episode in recent months as his investigators interviewed current and former senior White House officials in his inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice.

Amid the first wave of news media reports that Mr. Mueller was examining a possible obstruction case, the president began to argue that Mr. Mueller had three conflicts of interest that disqualified him from overseeing the investigation, two of the people said.

First, he claimed that a dispute years ago over fees at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., had prompted Mr. Mueller, the F.B.I. director at the time, to resign his membership. The president also said Mr. Mueller could not be impartial because he had most recently worked for the law firm that previously represented the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Finally, the president said, Mr. Mueller had been interviewed to return as the F.B.I. director the day before he was appointed special counsel in May.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66419382&pgtype=Homepage

Why would you cite a NYTimes article that the president has called "Fake News"  obviously denying the story?

On 1/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, Maturin said:

There's a big big difference in capability and intelligence between Reagen and Trump.  Trump will never approach being worthy of a mention in the same paragraph as Reagen and I'm not even a fan of Ronnie.

Both great men but President Trump has actually surpassed Reagan just by getting elected with everyone against him-Reagan never had every word he said attacked on a daily basis --Trump has indeed proved to be a superman

On 12/23/2017 at 5:46 PM, itsme said:

I am withholding judgement on this one. We don't know all the details yet. However, you can't deny that if it was Obama doing this there would be endless conspiracy theories about how this is just a distraction and that there was some ulterior motive.  The right wing media takes whatever Trump says at face value and without question, but when it comes to what  Hillary or the Democrats say it's all part of some grand conspiracy theory to destroy America.

Unfortunately its true that obama and Hilary were involved in the worst conspiracy in our history

On 1/21/2018 at 2:24 PM, Maturin said:

While we are on the subject of the UK, imagine having such a shit president that he feels he cannot engage in a state visit to its oldest ally because the British people know how shit he is and they will jeer and boo him.

Imagine having such a weak baby of a president that people jeering and booing him upsets him so much.  What a grade A loser that guy is.

Where do you dream up this crap you spew?

On 1/21/2018 at 1:38 PM, Maturin said:

Haha, yeah ok, America is doing great!  Allow me to extend a massive thumbs up on behalf of all the non-shut down governments in the rest of the world.

• Your President is in Putin's pocket and you cheer as he subverts your much lauded justice system in order to keep himself out of jail
  • The Republicans control both houses and the presidency yet they can't stop a shut down of your government
  • Your Fox News doesn't even try to pretend any more that it is anything but a dishonest propaganda machine
  • Your people have genuine conversations on the merits for and against a national health service, whilst the rst of the developed world looks on and scratches its head at the idiocy of not having such
  • People that are for a national health service are labelled commies
  • When your president moaned about too many people from "shithole countries," and that he wanted more people from Norway, Norwegians were like, "The fuck do I want to move to America?"
  • Americans post pictures of poverty and people who have fallen out of the system (as you did in another post) and laugh at those unfortunate people as if they deserve to be living in tents in the "land of the free"
  • 20% of US children live in poverty
  • 50% of your people believe in creationism
  • Your standards of living are significantly poorer compared to Europe, Canada, Japan etc
  • You pick fights with East Asian arable farmers that have shit nuclear weapons which are probably more dangerous to them than to anyone else yet they are not scared ofyou - not one bit
  • Shock and Awe worked out well didn't it?  Maybe one day you'll win a war, it's been many many decades since you did that
  • Look at the disgusting way your treat your veterans, you should all be fucking ashamed of yourselves
  • Your people allowed all their jobs to be shipped overseas and now you believe that Donald Trump is the man to get them back again?  hahaha
  • 1% of your population own 95% of the wealth, yet you are are fine with this because you still believe the lie that the 1% tell you about the "American dream" and that one day you'll have some of that if only you could catch a break - they have rigged the game against you, you will never "catch a break"

But yeah, please keep going on about Europe and Islam like you only get your news from 2015 whilst your country is tearing itself apart.

These are all very untrue statements --You can not back up any of them with facts-- If they can be backed up with facts they are a good thing about our country

10 hours ago, sr71gn said:

These are all very untrue statements --You can not back up any of them with facts-- If they can be backed up with facts they are a good thing about our country

i must admit that this is the 1st time that i've looked here & i see that you are more dillusional than i thought. are you a member of trump's family or something" i'm surprised that you have time to look at cc & vh since you are so busy absorbing all of the bull that comes out of trump's mouth. no wonder the country is going down the drain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfer06 said:

i must admit that this is the 1st time that i've looked here & i see that you are more dillusional than i thought. are you a member of trump's family or something" i'm surprised that you have time to look at cc & vh since you are so busy absorbing all of the bull that comes out of trump's mouth. no wonder the country is going down the drain.

Facts please --not double talk