Trump Will be Impeached

10 minutes ago, Howard said:

Nothing you say hasn't been realized among the EU for the past 30+ years. But they have always had Big Brother to lean on.  They will still have BB to lean on but this time, reciprocation needs to be near equal.

Time will tell, but I think those trade partners who now have additional US tariffs will either soften their stance or let their economy absorb the impact.  If this was a bad thing for the US, the stock market would be 10-15% lower then it is now (same percentage drop for NASDAQ & commodities) and we will see a jump in unemploment claims.

The Dow, NASDAQ and commodities markets look 6-9 months down the road. I don't see either bracing for an impact as if an asteroid will hit. Eben with rates set to rise 1/4 point in a few days, the 'market' has already adjusted for that.  The only thing that will turn the market significantly south (for a short period of time), is something stupid coming out of Trumps mouth. In which case we'll see a 300...400+ drop with an equivalent rebound within a week.  Why?  Because fundamentals don't lie.

Side note: Lets see how tech stocks do come next month when results are announced. 1st & 2nd quarters are generally weak. Apple had a great 1st quarter. If the 2nd quarter holds up,...no worries. 

The market and U.S. economy is another reason why Trump will not be impeached.Do you remember what happened to the stock market when Brian Ross(ABC News) erroneously reported that Trump had instructed Michael Flynn to contact the Russians before Trump was elected president? The market crashed because people thought Trump would be impeached. If Trump is impeached the markets will crash and the U.S. economy may go into a deep prolonged recession. How many politicians would like to be blamed for that?

55 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Now that is *******s. What are you measuring that on? Most of Europe has a far better work/life balance. US citizens enjoy themselves more than the Italians? Come on now, have some grounding in reality.  

I'm back, i was busy cleaning & putting oil on my huge gun collection, i have everything from .22 LR all the way to 50 BMG. I have a feeling you're not able to own guns😋 I really like my FREEDOM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBsq69 said:

No they think it is a waste of time talking to an idiot and they will deal with the US in either 2.5 years time or ... 6.5 years time. The US have usually held the whip hand over trade deals but they don't since the EU expanded and China came to prominence. Trust me absolutely nobody ever took the US for suckers. The problem with Trump is his word already means nothing. He is still that school bully who will take your dinner money off you and come back the next day and do it again and if you fight back he'll just call his daddy. People then stop bringing their dinner money or move school. The result of this is that Europe may hate the US the way they hate the UK at the moment but for the moment they just regard Trump as an aberration.

Part of this is Europe's fault but a lot of it is just history. There are 3 factors, 2 to do with Germany.

1. Europe does not defend itself properly because Germany for reason the whole world knows does not have the military that it could easily afford and therefore relies on the US to defend against Russia. This is wrong and Germany and Japan in the East need to arm themselves once again. If Japan was dealing with North Korea we might never have got into the recent mess. I agree the US should not be spending its money defending Europe.

2. Germany are so paranoid about itself it has a psychological need to keep Europe and itself under control. This means that Europe is not as strong as it might be being distracted by the problems of weaker and more unstable countries. There are a lot of voices at the table and while US has state interests, country interests are a lot more powerful and fragile.

3. Europe lacks natural resources (apart from Norway who aren't in the EU) which puts the continent in  a vulnerable position when negotiating with anyone: Russia, The Middle East and North America, and this means most of the time it is simply not trade in manufactured goods and services. This makes most of Europe although not the UK vulnerable to Russia. This vulnerability to Russia leads back to point 1 and gives the US a massive advantage for any trading deal. Therefore I really can't believe considering its advantages, any previous deal was unfavourable to the US.

Now we have Trump and Europe and Japan should wake up to the fact this scenario could always have happened. Basically the US have abandoned diplomacy have no interest in being allies and are sinking back into the narrow minded protectionism and isolationism of a century ago. Therefore we should prepare for a world in which we treat the US the same as China. Because of what I have described above that may take some time and maybe the Trump problem will have sorted itself but at the moment we (and I do that knowing the idiotic decision the UK took) need to make plans without America because there is no point in dealing with  a man who rips up agreements on a whim.  

Donald Trump is 40 times more intelligent than any of the G7 political hack clowns he was negotiating with in Canada. And the proof of that fact will be seen in real economic results in the future.

This is just crazy: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/trump-threatens-to-end-all-trade-with-allies.html 

He's more aggressive towards U.S. allies than he is towards Putin! Does he not realize that we need to work with these people? This isn't some real-estate deal where you can take advantage of someone and then part-ways and never see them again, the U.S. needs to work with its allies, at some point U.S. allies are going to get tired of this shit and either start their partnerships excluding the U.S. or Russia and/or China are going to swoop in and replace the U.S. 

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Donald Trump is 40 times more intelligent than any of the G7 political hack clowns he was negotiating with in Canada. And the proof of that fact will be seen in real economic results in the future.

Ranting and Raving like a 10 Year Old kid on Twitter with his Childish Insults sure does not make him look that Intelligent. 

1 minute ago, itsme said:

This is just crazy: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/trump-threatens-to-end-all-trade-with-allies.html 

He's more aggressive towards U.S. allies than he is towards Putin! Does he not realize that we need to work with these people? This isn't some real-estate deal where you can take advantage of someone and then part-ways and never see them again, the U.S. needs to work with its allies, at some point U.S. allies are going to get tired of this shit and either start their partnerships excluding the U.S. or Russia and/or China are going to swoop in and replace the U.S. 

Someday he's going to piss off his allies enough that they won't be there to back his ass when he needs them the most.

17 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Someday he's going to piss off his allies enough that they won't be there to back his ass when he needs them the most.

or maybe the allies will piss us off enough we won't be there to back them !!! then what ?

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

Ranting and Raving like a 10 Year Old kid on Twitter with his Childish Insults sure does not make him look that Intelligent. 

That's part of his game. Like I said,ignore the rhetoric and evaluate the real results down the road. So far,I like the results.Trump just says in public what other politicians only have the guts to say in private. If Trump is so dumb how did he beat 16 other Republicans in the primary election,how did he beat Hillary in the general election,how did he get the tax cuts passed,and how did he come within one vote(asshole John McCain) of repealing Obamacare? Look what has happened to the U.S. economy since his election.

17 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

or maybe the allies will piss us off enough we won't be there to back them !!! then what ?

We'll have to cross that Bridge when we get there. Most of the time our Troops are just sent out for Peacekeeping Missions.

25 minutes ago, itsme said:

If you look at the trade deficit numbers it's clear that our allies have been taking advantage of the U.S. for years.Trump just wants a more level playing field for U.S. workers and businesses. What Trump has been saying in the election campaign and as president that he wants to renegotiate trade agreements to reduce the U.S. trade deficits. Poorly negotiated U.S. trade agreements have resulted in falling and stagnant wages,a shrinking middle class and the closing of numerous factories in the U.S.

20 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That's part of his game. Like I said,ignore the rhetoric and evaluate the real results down the road. So far,I like the results.Trump just says in public what other politicians only have the guts to say in private. If Trump is so dumb how did he beat 16 other Republicans in the primary election,how did he beat Hillary in the general election,how did he get the tax cuts passed,and how did he come within one vote(asshole John McCain) of repealing Obamacare? Look what has happened to the U.S. economy since his election.

Tax Breaks are always good to put more money in the pockets of the Citizens but over time Governments will find away to get those breaks back. Tax Breaks are not a Lifetime endeavour. Whoever the next president after Trump is will likely Undo whatever Trump Created.