Trump Will be Impeached

25 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

cv9n.gif

If a meme of Obama existed where his nose grew and grew whenever he said 'if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor' regarding Obamacare, liberals would call conservatives racist until their faces turned red.

FYI, its been documented that Obama knew as much as 10 weeks prior to his 'speech' that for 70% of those already with health insurance who were not on Medi-care, you wouldn't be able to see the same doctor under Obamacare.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have seen both sides of these political arguments. one thing I've noticed is this: People who appear to have conservative views tend to want to label and compartmentalize every issue to give them the ability to make an argument. People who tend to lean progressive seem to understand that every issue has shades of grey and the idea that there is a quick fix annoys them because they know it requires negotiation and a well thought out plan. People who tend to lean conservative seem to think that left leaning people have been unbending over the last eight years and they want immediate change, citing all the lies and corruption, real or not real depending on who you listen to, undertaken by the Obamas and Clintons and most Democratic public officials. I see flaws on both sides and judging from what I've heard people saying back and forth, I refuse to believe either "side" deserves my full commitment. I listen to both and I shake my head at most of what I hear. Be careful how much you double and triple down folks.

• Like 2

US Steel planning to add more than 800 jobs this year

David Burritt, president and CEO of U.S. Steel, told CNBC that his company plans to add approximately 800 new jobs this year at a plant in Illinois. 

That's not including the additional jobs that will be created throughout the community as a result of the reopening of the facility. Burritt credited President Donald Trump tariffs as a "great first step" in making this happen.

"We've been in a trade war for 30 years," Burritt told CNBC's Jackie DeAngeli on Monday. "That's a really long time. And finally we have a president in place that's actually taking action so we can get everyone to the table."

The same month, U.S. Steel announced it would reopen a steel plant in Granite City, Illinois. Burritt said the reopening would likely add an additional 500 jobs. "It's the other jobs it created from this," he said, and pointed out that more positions at his company mean more people will be needed in the local community at restaurants and gas stations and other service locations.

For now, "the actions that the president has taken have been incredibly helpful to us," he said.

"You have to be able to make things in the United States," Burritt said. "If you outsource fundamental foundational things to your country, then you're at the whim of bad actors and others who can shut you down."

• Like 1

Steel and Aluminum Tariffs Are Already Creating American Jobs

• U.S. Steel Corporation is restarting one of two blast furnaces in Granite City, Ill., recovering approximately 500 jobs. Both Granite City furnaces had previously been idled.  
  • Republic Steel is recalling over 1,000 jobs to restart its formerly idled Lorain, Ohio, facility to meet anticipated demand for steel following Trump’s 232 trade action.
  • Nucor Corporation is building a new rebar micro mill in Frostproof, Fla., creating approximately 250 jobs with an annual average salary of $66,000. Previously in November 2017, Nucor announced plans to open another new rebar micro mill in Sedalia, Mo., creating 255 jobs and 450 temporary construction jobs. 
  • Century Aluminum Company is restarting the idled potlines of its smelter in Hawesville, Ky., restoring 300 jobs. Additionally, Century Aluminum is investing over $100 million to upgrade smelting technology at the site.
  • Magnitude 7 Metals is opening a new aluminum plant, producing 400 jobs, in New Madrid County, Mo., at the site of a plant that closed in 2016, when local lawmakers began work to reopen the facility.   
  • Alcoa Corporation is restarting three of five potlines at a smelting facility that had closed in 2016. This restart of Warrick Operations in Evansville, Ind., will generate approximately 275 jobs. 
  • Nearly 3,000 jobs have been announced in response to anticipated steel and aluminum tariffs 

Steel consumers are also speaking out in support of Trump's action. Zekelman Industries, the largest independent steel pipe and tube manufacturer in North America, plans to pay each of its employees a $1,000 bonus once the tariffs are instituted, and Pacific Boat Trailers won't raise prices despite using steel in its trailer construction.

To learn more about these jobs and read what companies are saying about the tariffs, visit AmericanManufacturing.org and Medium.

9 minutes ago, jugghead said:

Good news if it's real. Just remember that there is never "more" money, only reallocated money. Essentially, we will all have to pay more for goods to pay for these jobs.

I am willing to pay a little more for products and services to keep the work at home and not in some other country. We have supported the global economy for long enough, it is time to take care of our own. It is not bad thing as that same dollar will turn over in the local economies and not foreign ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jugghead said:

Ok, but with the lowest unemployment rate in decades why is putting people to work a pressing issue, especially if we are touting that fact?

So to maintian our current employment rate, we'd need to create, on average, 244,336 jobs every month.

image.png.fdc874a4b055285674625bce14c4e953.png

Here's the breakdown of the 95 million Americans who weren't working, according to the latest figures from the Atlanta Federal Reserve, which conducted a review based on figures through September 2017

-- 94.6 million people above the age of 16 were out of the workforce.

Of those:

-- 44.5 million were retired.

-- 14.5 million were in school or job training.

-- 12.8 million were taking care of a loved one.

-- 15.3 million weren't working because of an illness or disability.

In all, of the 94.6 million not working, 87.1 million were retired, in school, taking care of a loved one or physically unable to work.

That leaves 7.5 million people. What about them?

Of those, 1.6 million had looked for a job in the past year or wanted a job but had given up searching for more than a year. And 5.9 million workers listed "other" as a reason for not wanting or having a job. We don't know much about these workers.

We're doing that running away right now. Still, my original point is that the money just gets moved around. You could use that chart for a whole bunch of related things Income, spending, taxes, etc. It's just moving the money around. In the end we all pay the same regardless. A guy walks in to an emergency room with insurance or not, we still pay.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

That was Short and Sweet.    Declared a Draw.  Stay tuned for Further Dialogue in 1 Year.   :biggrin:

WTF?  They've been talking for over two hours!  That's 2 hours more the Obama or any other recent POTUS the past 30 years.

Even if nothing comes of this summit other then a "meet & greet", pessimistic hatred from liberals is to be expected...cuz that's how ya'll roll.