Leora & Paul - General Chat Comments & Quotes (2017)

Quote in part: Kalevipoeg asked. " How long would it take to learn Russian if I took a crash course ?"

To give you a reasonable answer, I, have purchased The Rosetta Stone, Russian course. I, have also found a source on the web which I like. Learning their alphabet is the easy part. Learning the verb usage, word gender and all the variables is a whole different ( literally ) world.

Learning to speak it is going to take me some time, plus getting a new set of hearing aids so I am sure of what it is that I'm hearing. The real problem is to sacrifice the time I watch The Goddess, instead of practicing the language.

I, have also placed a Russian alphabet cross reference to where I can see it while on the computer. Then going to VK for example, I am slowly learning to read, and understand what it is I am reading.

A headset is a must for interactive speaking. Plus one can get the set of Russian letters to put on a key pad, so one can learn also by typing. You will have to set your computer up for dual, or more languages.

Six months of diligent learning and practicing will make a difference. But keep in mind, the length of time we spent learning the language we speak. This" Old Dog" is determined to at least have a simple understanding of their basic language.  :cry:

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

Paul has found a new love. He can every now and then step off from his computer and fly his toy helicopter with a childish smile on his face. And he really thinks Leora is interested in that helicopter also.

I have struggled for some time now over where Paul's priorities lay, between (not listed in any intended order) his PC, Eva, picking his nose, feeding his face, watching TV and Leora.

I had only just about worked it out when he goes and gets a toy helicopter, so I'm now back to square one again.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

How long would it take to learn Russian if I took a crash course?

4 hours ago, scutus said:

Quote in part: Kalevipoeg asked. " How long would it take to learn Russian if I took a crash course ?"

To give you a reasonable answer, I, have purchased The Rosetta Stone, Russian course. I, have also found a source on the web which I like. Learning their alphabet is the easy part. Learning the verb usage, word gender and all the variables is a whole different ( literally ) world.

Learning to speak it is going to take me some time, plus getting a new set of hearing aids so I am sure of what it is that I'm hearing. The real problem is to sacrifice the time I watch The Goddess, instead of practicing the language.

I, have also placed a Russian alphabet cross reference to where I can see it while on the computer. Then going to VK for example, I am slowly learning to read, and understand what it is I am reading.

A headset is a must for interactive speaking. Plus one can get the set of Russian letters to put on a key pad, so one can learn also by typing. You will have to set your computer up for dual, or more languages.

Six months of diligent learning and practicing will make a difference. But keep in mind, the length of time we spent learning the language we speak. This" Old Dog" is determined to at least have a simple understanding of their basic language.  :cry:

I don't want to kill your enthusiasm guys but I think six month would not be enough. I know Russian on a basic level (maybe A2) but I cannot understand what Leora and Paul talk about. They speak some kind of Siberian dialect of the Russian - it is some kind of different language. For example I understand what sounds from their TV or when Leora plays a sci movie from her laptop on 95%.

Guest Phaeton
3 hours ago, makrohard said:

I don't want to kill your enthusiasm guys but I think six month would not be enough. I know Russian on a basic level (maybe A2) but I cannot understand what Leora and Paul talk about. They speak some kind of Siberian dialect of the Russian - it is some kind of different language. For example I understand what sounds from their TV or when Leora plays a sci movie from her laptop on 95%.

Lol. Leora And Paul says in fluent Russian. No special "dialect" Looks like your knowledge of Russian language is very low.

19 hours ago, kalevipoeg said:

At 11:15 p.m. their time, when Leora had been lying on the sofa all evening, Paul sat beside her and rubbed her bare buttocks - Leora was on her stomach and did not turn around. But before getting anywhere further, Paul stood up and went to his desk where he seems to fix something (his helicopter?  What a moron our Paul is! I have to admit though that midnight is not the best time for enjoyable sex, mornings and afternoons are much better.

Again they had a lively discussion, but our interpreters never visit this apartment, they are so fond of the girls-only apartments. How long would it take to learn Russian if I took a crash course?

Midnights are good, afterwards you get to hold each other and fall asleep. 

1 hour ago, Phaeton said:

Lol. Leora And Paul says in fluent Russian. No special "dialect" Looks like your knowledge of Russian language is very low.

Perhaps. I don't tend I am good with this language. But I just say - I understand what is said on their TV and on movies with Russian speech. I have also spoken with Russian people and I have understood what they have said. But I understand maybe just 5% of what Leora and Paul say. That's why I assume their speech is not clear Russian...

38 minutes ago, makrohard said:

Perhaps. I don't tend I am good with this language. But I just say - I understand what is said on their TV and on movies with Russian speech. I have also spoken with Russian people and I have understood what they have said. But I understand maybe just 5% of what Leora and Paul say. That's why I assume their speech is not clear Russian...

It has just been explained to you by a person of substantial knowledge of the Russian Language and of Leora and Paul,Lol,  that they speak true and perfect Russian, and why wouldn't they? its their mother tongue, She is also fluent in German, and Paul is fluent in English.::)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, makrohard said:

I did not say one would be 100 % fluent in six months. But, one would have a much better understanding of the at least written portion of their language.

But, I'm sure my learning time would decrease ( or possibly due to distractions,increase ) if I had Leora sitting on my lap being my tutor !!   :biggrin:

In my opinion, any attempt to learn anything, at any age, is not knowledge lost. RLC, especially at the onset, has been an enlightening experience as to ,at least in my case, our concept of the lifestyles of people living in the various locations in Russia, etc.  ::)

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

It has just been explained to you by a person of substantial knowledge of the Russian Language and of Leora and Paul,Lol,  that they speak true and perfect Russian, and why wouldn't they? its their mother tongue, She is also fluent in German, and Paul is fluent in English.::)

If we had a Geordie couple or people from Central Scotland (and I lived in Scotand for many years) I am not so sure I'd understand them half the time, but I don't hear that problem with L&P just my usual problem when people don't speak a foreign language slow enough for me.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

If we had a Geordie couple or people from Central Scotland (and I lived in Scotand for many years) I am not so sure I'd understand them half the time, but I don't hear that problem with L&P just my usual problem when people don't speak a foreign language slow enough for me.

Aw howay man bonny lad, haddaway and shite. Wot ye tarkin aboot...there's nowt wrong with our lingo up here. I reckon it would be canny good to get 3 Geordie tidy boilers in 1 of the Barca hooses. They'll gan doon the toon to git mortal with nearly nowt on, and sample some the spanish scran. Have a radgie with some of the local workietickets, no doubt score with some local talent, before gannin hyem and crashing oot...:dodgy:

• Upvote 4

When have Paul and Leora had sex last? I have not noticed any action in the last few days - well, flying the toy helicopter of course! Can we except a sensual dance in the GR tomorrow - with happy ending of course?

8 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

When have Paul and Leora had sex last? I have not noticed any action in the last few days - well, flying the toy helicopter of course! Can we except a sensual dance in the GR tomorrow - with happy ending of course?

Nor, have I.  Honestly, the best we can hope for is the un- predictable. Letting  Leora write the script. While we cinch down the saddle straps, and go along for the ride.

Her creativity has surpassed any thing that I might of imagined in the past, and I will not attempt to be the director for any performance she wishes to do for, firstly for her enjoyment. If she is happy doing what she chooses to do, it will without a doubt translate to our pleasure.  :blush:

• Upvote 3