Another US School Shooting

rammer

DACA is proof that the Democrats don't want to solve problems.They just want campaign issues to  use in elections.President Trump offered citizenship for 1.8 million "Dreamers" and the Democrats rejected it because they want DACA as a campaign issue and because they want an endless supply of immigrants coming into the country who they see as future Democrat voters.Like Rahm Emanuel said,"Never allow a crises go to waste." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beancounter said:

It's not a political issue get over blaming one party.  Did you know there was a police man in the school this didn't stop the shooting 

Democrats make everything a political issue.They make irrational appeals to peoples' emotions just to win elections.The last thing they want to do is solve a problem because then they have no campaign issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

It's also possible to argue that the shooting in Florida is more reason for law abiding citizens to have guns for their own protection.Gun free zones just guarantee that the people in these locations will have no way to protect themselves.Why do you think cowardly shooters like this kid attack schools,churches,theaters,concerts and other places where they know people will be defenseless?Why don't they attack police stations?Maybe because they know the police are armed?

Amen brother!!!!

These type of people remind me of the most selfish people on this earth, and those people are the ones that commit suicide....they don't think of the impact that it will carry to anybody else, nothing but themselves!  They don't attack non gun free zones because they are cowards and selfish!!

I believe that all teachers should be trained to the fullest to know all the gun laws and should be trained to the point that every one of them should be carrying at all times to protect the interest of themselves and everybody else in that school!

I'm so sick and tired of everybody, whether it be from the US or foreign countries saying that the availability of guns is the problem.  I love my guns and I use them for sport and pleasure but in NO way am I going to walk into a church or school or grocery store and start shooting people.  I am of sound mind and body unlike all these other people that are making the news that ruin it for people like me.

A bump gun is only as good as the amount of ammo until it runs out.  When I worked for a local government in my early years there was a shoot out at a bad guys house.  The bad guy used the cover of his house and both sides of his yard for this shoot out. There was over 350 rounds fired during this standoff and only one person got hit.  Both parties (the police and the perp) were hiding behind structure and firing without actually seeing what direction or who they were firing at.  I used to have the pictures to prove it years ago but I don't anymore.  I do know that both had fully automatic rifles/pistols/handguns at the time.  The police were so wrapped up in catching this dude.....dead or alive that, that is what happened.  It did end with them catching the guy only because he ran out of ammunition and they ended up storming the house and premises.

This topic really gets old the more I think about.  Blame it all on the guns which have NO say so in it at all.  Sorry to all but this is a very sensitive subject to me!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Amen brother!!!!

These type of people remind me of the most selfish people on this earth, and those people are the ones that commit suicide....they don't think of the impact that it will carry to anybody else, nothing but themselves!  They don't attack non gun free zones because they are cowards and selfish!!

I believe that all teachers should be trained to the fullest to know all the gun laws and should be trained to the point that every one of them should be carrying at all times to protect the interest of themselves and everybody else in that school!

I'm so sick and tired of everybody, whether it be from the US or foreign countries saying that the availability of guns is the problem.  I love my guns and I use them for sport and pleasure but in NO way am I going to walk into a church or school or grocery store and start shooting people.  I am of sound mind and body unlike all these other people that are making the news that ruin it for people like me.

A bump gun is only as good as the amount of ammo until it runs out.  When I worked for a local government in my early years there was a shoot out at a bad guys house.  The bad guy used the cover of his house and both sides of his yard for this shoot out. There was over 350 rounds fired during this standoff and only one person got hit.  Both parties (the police and the perp) were hiding behind structure and firing without actually seeing what direction or who they were firing at.  I used to have the pictures to prove it years ago but I don't anymore.  I do know that both had fully automatic rifles/pistols/handguns at the time.  The police were so wrapped up in catching this dude.....dead or alive that, that is what happened.  It did end with them catching the guy only because he ran out of ammunition and they ended up storming the house and premises.

This topic really gets old the more I think about.  Blame it all on the guns which have NO say so in it at all.  Sorry to all but this is a very sensitive subject to me!!!

Why not hire retired police officers and retired combat military as security guards in the schools?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

Why not hire retired police officers and retired combat military as security guards in the schools?

I agree with that but the problem is, is there would not be enough to go around to accomplish such a big task.  Within a 5 mile radius of where I used to live, there was 19 schools alone!  I think it's a great idea but I don't think that local governments have the resources to accommodate that task.  If you live in a rural area then it could be accomplished, but not in a highly populated area.

On 2/18/2018 at 11:44 PM, HarleyFatboy said:

I agree with that but the problem is, is there would not be enough to go around to accomplish such a big task.  Within a 5 mile radius of where I used to live, there was 19 schools alone!  I think it's a great idea but I don't think that local governments have the resources to accommodate that task.  If you live in a rural area then it could be accomplished, but not in a highly populated area.

Volunteer like most Veterans do.. But I always liked the idea of the teacher arming themselves too. The schools around here have fences, armed Police, one way in, and one out. Good post Harley. :cool:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

Volunteer like most Veterans do.. But I always liked the idea of the teacher arming themselves too. The schools around here have fences, armed Police, one way in, and one out. Good post Harley. :cool:

I also agree that schools should have one way in and one way out (high fenced areas) with a highly trained individual at the point of entry and exit.  Money is being spent on the wrong things these days and local budgets should be looked at with more diligence!  Teachers arming themselves, once again I can't deny that there is a problem there but a lot of the problems stem back to the parents and their lack of knowledge in what is to gain by that.  In the parents way of thinking, they are only thinking that if a teacher is armed their kids might get hurt somehow.

I know of 6 members of my brothers church that started carrying a pistol to church to protect their flock.....I find this extremely sad but that is the type of people we are dealing with these days!!  They didn't want to sit back and let their flock get slaughtered in case some lunatic came through the church doors during a service.  I'm told there is more that conceal carry in that church, but I don't know them personally.

Thanks for the comment Pirate!!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Democrats make everything a political issue.They make irrational appeals to peoples' emotions just to win elections.The last thing they want to do is solve a problem because then they have no campaign issue.

100% agree.  Its what makes the Democratic economic engine run. They target lemmings who don't want to think for themselves.  And IMO, the Hollywood elite are liberals because its what makes the Hollywood economic engine run.

I read in Variety about four years ago that 78% of movie-goers during the first two weeks of a theatrical release are people who live paycheck-to-paycheck (which are mostly liberals). And 67% of DVDs sold during the first two weeks of a movie release are the same people. Hollywood needs to cater to the demographic that feeds their economic engine - and that happens to be liberals.

I have a difficult time believing that Steven Spielbreg, Geffen, Weinstien (forget about his problems for a moment), etc are liberals because they personally believe in the liberal mantra. It is all about business. While they get their funding through predominately Republican-based capitalists, they know it is the bleeding heart liberals that buy movie tickets, merchandise, DVDs, etc that pads their bank accounts.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

My daughter is a teacher and very good at bringing the future of our youth forward.  There's no way in hell I can see her having to carry a gun to do her job.  Think about what your saying guys.

• Like 1