Critique of the new CC rule of no general chat-topics.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:33 AM, StnCld316 said:

Lo intentamos hace un tiempo, pero hubo algunos que no quisieron hacerlo funcionar o incluso intentarlo. Los temas generales de conversación fueron hechos por otros miembros. Entonces, en lugar de entrar en riffs con alguien sobre eso, simplemente lo dejamos como está. Esta vez no habrá ningún Chats General después del 1 de junio.

El administrador quiere probarlo durante un mes o dos y ver qué sucede. Todo seguirá igual, pero habrá una mayor diversidad de Temas en lugar de tener todo clamado en un solo espacio.

Para un ejemplo, tome el tema de Girls on Vacation algunos meses, ese tema solo generará de 500 a 600 o más páginas al mes ahora, si alguien volviera a esas páginas para buscar algo, sería una pesadilla tratando de encontrar lo que son. buscando cuando especialmente cuando hay varias cosas discutidas todas a la vez. Al colocar esas cosas múltiples en un tema respectivo sería mucho más fácil para que alguien busque sin tener que buscar varias páginas. 

Muchos de los miembros que han estado en el Foro por algún tiempo recordarán los días en que el Foro fue de Temas Múltiples sin Chats Generales y las cosas continuaron tal como lo hacen ahora. Para los miembros que comenzaron en 2016 y en adelante siempre han tenido el chat general. Para darles a los Miembros una Buena idea sobre Temas Múltiples, pueden ver todos los Tópicos pasados para tener una idea de cómo son los Temas Múltiples. Funcionó entonces, así que no debería ser diferente después del 1 de junio.

The diversity of threads, was always there, but people what we do not want, is to jump from thread to thread, to write a sentence ... simply because the action, often jumps quickly from one house to another, even in several houses at the same time ...
This forces you to jump from thread to thread ... and in my opinion is a bit cumbersome. And the worst is that it does not bring anything positive to customers.
Who says they had to read a lot of pages, to see what was being talked about ... I just point ... imagine now, that you'll have to read a lot of threads, and most will not say anything ... four comments, unimportant.
As for the threads that used to work ... it seems to me a somewhat erroneous point of view. Like everything, RLC of these moments is not the RLC of the end of 2015 when I started to see the houses ... for the same reason, things change ... evolve ... sometimes for good or other times, simply towards a dead end.
I think that the more you facilitate the work to the clients ... the better they will feel and want to participate in the forums ...
If the client, has to go thinking where he has to put a comment ... and if the thread has not been created ... create one ... or if that thread does not like it, create another one, which in the end, may Just have two or three comments ...
In short, I see so many disadvantages, that in practice it was solved with what I already had ... that I personally see it as unnecessary.

But saying that, I only wish that this innovation is what you have thought and not be a burden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

That's the way things were done before the General Chats were ever created and it went along with no problems.  It shouldn't be so difficult to do.

This is not really a valid point, I have shown arguentation for that atleast 5 times, so with respect, you could atleast come  back with just one reasonable argument to support your view.

7 minutes ago, ed2 said:

This is not really a valid point, I have shown arguentation for that atleast 5 times, so with respect, you could atleast come  back with just one reasonable argument to support your view.

No one likes change. but over the last 2 months we have over 400 new members who are not posting in the RLC threads at all, just the same 10 or 12 day after day. The idea of a forum as diverse as CamCaps is to get as much membership comfortable with posting in the discussion groups, this forum can not be sustained with only 10 to maybe 15 people posting in a single thread. The more topics of discussion the more chances you are going have someone who hasn't posted post something, and this allows more comments, this is how a discussion forum is suppose to work, not just catering to the minority because they are comfortable and won't accept change.

Unlike the VHTV thread which are getting new posters daily.

15 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

No one likes change. but over the last 2 months we have over 400 new members who are not posting in the RLC threads at all, just the same 10 or 12 day after day. The idea of a forum as diverse as CamCaps is to get as much membership comfortable with posting in the discussion groups, this forum can not be sustained with only 10 to maybe 15 people posting in a single thread. The more topics of discussion the more chances you are going have someone who hasn't posted post something, and this allows more comments, this is how a discussion forum is suppose to work, not just catering to the minority because they are comfortable and won't accept change.

If it is so successful-then taylor it exactly to match the way it is done at VHTV---

all apartments have one topic---it is called discussion thread

• Like 1

Just now, happyone said:

If it is so successful-then taylor it exactly to match the way it is done at VHTV---

all apartments have one topic---it is called discussion thread

The owner and administrator of this site has made this decision, I am sure he has his reasons for this change, and how it was structured, as he also administrates and owns several other sites. We do not question his decisions, we just do our jobs as Moderators.

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

That is a valid poit! Thank you.

I do however think the difference between RLC and VHTV has alot more to do with VHTV accepting pictures, wich attracts more posters and encurage more discussion. I doubt the diversity of topics into 100 different threads will attract much posters, rather the opposite. Another reason might be the atmosphere that have been on the RLC-threads, with mostly just trolls (and self-declared "counter-trolls" (sick)), where there has been very little room for "normal" people to express themselfs.

7 minutes ago, ed2 said:

That is a valid poit! Thank you.

I do however think the difference between RLC and VHTV has alot more to do with VHTV accepting pictures, wich attracts more posters and encurage more discussion. I doubt the diversity of topics into 100 different threads will attract much posters, rather the opposite. Another reason might be the atmosphere that have been on the RLC-threads, with mostly just trolls (and self-declared "counter-trolls" (sick)), where there has been very little room for "normal" people to express themselfs.

So do you think that is because everything was jammed into one topic thread and was just a trolls paradise ? Ed there are many very valid reason for the change, and we expected to catch a lot of flack from the regular posters in the general thread, mostly because that is what they were use to. but never the less it will be like this for the summer, and that is something everyone will need to get use to. You can always just favorite what topics you like to read and post in, it makes much easier to find posts and updates, and is much faster than searching through 20 pages to find what you wanted find if you just logged in to see what happened at a specific time or in a specific apartment, once everyone gets use this format they will see the difference and how much faster it really is, and then if there ones you don't care to read, or when you have finished, you just mark the site as read and they all go away.

27 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

So do you think that is because everything was jammed into one topic thread and was just a trolls paradise ? Ed there are many very valid reason for the change, and we expected to catch a lot of flack from the regular posters in the general thread, mostly because that is what they were use to. but never the less it will be like this for the summer, and that is something everyone will need to get use to. You can always just favorite what topics you like to read and post in, it makes much easier to find posts and updates, and is much faster than searching through 20 pages to find what you wanted find if you just logged in to see what happened at a specific time or in a specific apartment, once everyone gets use this format they will see the difference and how much faster it really is, and then if there ones you don't care to read, or when you have finished, you just mark the site as read and they all go away.

I totally disagree. I use the single thread to find out what is happening in an apartment when I get home from work and then look through replay. Easy piesey. I chose this forum over RLCF for this very reason. Now I’m going to have to flip through god knows how many topics to find what I’m looking for or the the posters who hate this stop posting and I have nothing to go on. The lack of pictures is why there’s less posts and more topics won’t fix that 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

I totally disagree. I use the single thread to find out what is happening in an apartment when I get home from work and then look through replay. Easy piesey. I chose this forum over RLCF for this very reason. Now I’m going tl have to flip through god knows how many topics to find what I’m looking for or the the posters who hate this stop posting and I have nothing to go on. The lack of pictures is why there’s less posts and more topics won’t fix that 

The Attachment Center has 2877 pages of pictures and videos. The gallery has 485 pictures in 16 albums. I believe that about every RLC thread has both pictures and some videos.

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

A nadie le gusta el cambio. pero en los últimos 2 meses tenemos más de 400 nuevos miembros que no están publicando en los hilos de RLC, exactamente los mismos 10 o 12 días tras día. La idea de un foro tan diverso como CamCaps es lograr que la membresía sea lo más cómoda posible al publicar en los grupos de discusión, este foro no puede sostenerse con solo 10 o tal vez 15 personas publicando en un solo hilo. Cuantos más temas de discusión, más posibilidades hay de que alguien que no ha publicado algo publique algo, y esto permite más comentarios, así es como se supone que debe funcionar un foro de debate, no solo atendiendo a la minoría porque se sienten cómodos y ganados No acepto el cambio.

A diferencia del hilo VHTV que recibe nuevos carteles diariamente.

There I see two themes, in my understanding, quite different ...
And I intend to be as brief as possible ...
The first is because people do not want to comment ...
First of all, we should ask ourselves, because people do not like to comment in forums, that maybe they are half dead.
In general, and I have complained on occasion, of guys who like straight relationships, do not post on the forums of couples. But it is true, as very few people publish in these forums, the truth is that many are not attractive enough to publish ... however, in the forum of the girls, as there is more movement, although the topic to be discussed do not like many of these guys, if they leave some kind of comment, almost always complaining that there are no kids ... but we will have to take it with resignation and good humor, as I say, this is girls' houses, not couples
The second issue would be because the threads are not as numerous as there may be in another page with similar characteristics.
First, that RLC is a product with a tradition, stable and that most people know, while VHtv is a product, relatically new, and like everything new, it attracts. I do not mean that it is better, only that the new, it attracts more than something that is consolidated.
I always remember, what I was taught at the business school, Ford, at first betting on quality cars, however, Opel, betting on launching new products, although of lower quality ... and people preferred novelty .. .
Finally, make an apostille about the number of people we write in the "single thread" of the girls.
Maybe, we are, and I think I can be included in that group, the ones most interested in sharing with the rest, our concerns, our opinions, our demands, when we are upset ... but it is surprising, that a thread, where has come to have more than 1000 pages, in a month, now have so few people write in this thread. That would have a quick and logical response, people come in to find out what happened and in some cases, I suppose to go see the repetition.
But the next logical consequence that occurs to me, is that more and more, the houses are no longer interesting for the clients and in that, and for my experience, to give an example, the entrance of boys in B4, has not helped nothing to increase the comments, and for the most part, they are usually negative ...
But they are notes, although I am compiling here, they are not so difficult to find throughout all the comments that have been made in this last month and in previous months.

• Like 1

Surely they will have received messages, both you and the company itself, of the lack of kids in the houses of Barcelona, I know, because some of those guys, they have let me know too ... because they think that's why I get angry, which is not true, but hey, it's just a simple game.
As sure, there are many others who have other tastes, they will also have to think that if RLC were more like VHtv, they would have more audience, could be, but surely they would also receive many complaints from people who do not want this to become on another page like vHtv.

• Like 1