B2/B4 Argoment

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

Most likely it wont get changed, and the rest of the forum will follow this format.

This is the what format all forums follow, and is the reason it was changed to be more in line with what a real forum looks and feels like.

You mean it most likely wont get changed back to general chat or?

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

Most likely it wont get changed, and the rest of the forum will follow this format.

This is the what format all forums follow, and is the reason it was changed to be more in line with what a real forum looks and feels like.

So are you saying that VHTV is not a forum?  It does not follow this multi topic format--it has one topic per apartment called

Discussion Thread

And it was stated that VHTV was gaining posters??? How can that be with that format??? 

3 hours ago, Fagen said:

You already know what will happen, nobody likes it and nobody wants it, no need to change something that worked great and everyone liked. Why not have a general chat but let people make their own topics also about things if they want. And then for those who likes to have it simple can post in the general topic 🙂

Now if a topic resembles to much of the general chat you will close it, but hard to know when that line is crossed. I dont want to make a new topic each time I want to write one small sentence about something.

Complaining Daily sure isn't going to make Admin change his mind. Admin said to try it for a Month or Two so that's what were going to do.

It was Posted in a Notice Just over 2 weeks ago so everyone had well Advanced Notice of what was coming. It's not that difficult to make a Topic of something and then have others make comments in that Topic.  Multiple Topics make a Forum not One Specific Topic for everything. It was all Multiple Topics Before 2016 so I don't know why it's so difficult to wean people off of one thing onto another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Complaining Daily sure isn't going to make Admin change his mind. Admin said to try it for a Month or Two so that's what were going to do.

It was Posted in a Notice Just over 2 weeks ago so everyone had well Advanced Notice of what was coming. It's not that difficult to make a Topic of something and then have others make comments in that Topic.  Multiple Topics make a Forum not One Specific Topic for everything. It was all Multiple Topics Before 2016 so I don't know why it's so difficult to wean people off of one thing onto another.

It's the older generation that struggles!

25 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

It's the older generation that struggles!

I'm part of the Older Generation and I am not struggling with it.  I just accept that this is the way things are for the time being and leave it at that and move on. Then just wait for the next challenge to come along.

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I'm part of the Older Generation and I am not struggling with it.  I just accept that this is the way things are for the time being and leave it at that and move on. Then just wait for the next challenge to come along.

I was talking about "change".  The older generation seems to struggle more with "change" than the younger generation.  The problem will be that for the next month or two nobody is going to give it an honest chance and you will have posters constantly bringing up the bad things about the change instead of trying to make it work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Its just easier to keep all in one topic, same for people who havent watched for a day or two, they can come back and scroll through one post to catch up with what has happened, now they have to look through many topics to try and find out what has happened. But as you say give it 2 month, and if people still hate it like they do now then change it back 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fagen said:

Its just easier to keep all in one topic, same for people who havent watched for a day or two, they can come back and scroll through one post to catch up with what has happened, now they have to look through many topics to try and find out what has happened. But as you say give it 2 month, and if people still hate it like they do now then change it back 🙂

Admin has made the decision so we'll have to abide by it and see what happens after a Month or Two.   Debating the issue is not going to go anywhere.

29 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I was talking about "change".  The older generation seems to struggle more with "change" than the younger generation.  The problem will be that for the next month or two nobody is going to give it an honest chance and you will have posters constantly bringing up the bad things about the change instead of trying to make it work!

As I see it people will be confused as were to post now, and most people dont want to start a new topic just to say one sentence about something.

Just now, StnCld316 said:

Admin has made the decision so we'll have to abide by it and see what happens after a Month or Two.   Debating the issue is not going to go anywhere.

The Admin who made this decision is that you or is there another head Admin chief? And yes I know debating the issue wont go anywhere so I will stop complaning (for now) 😉

2 minutes ago, Fagen said:

The Admin who made this decision is that you or is there another head Admin chief? And yes I know debating the issue wont go anywhere so I will stop complaning (for now) 😉

There is an Admin above me.  I am just the Forum Admin.