Thoughts on Illegal immigration?

This thread was originally about illegal immigration. Now it's about trashing Trump and US immigration laws because of the "evil" Trump who wishes to enforce the laws that Congress has passed. Change the laws if need be. Ultimately Congress needs to get off it's dead ass. The US has as much right to defend its sovereignty as any other nation whether it be Mexico, Sweden, or France. Can we at least agree that something must be done here? Or are our elected representatives so scared of losing elections that they must remain paralyzed? Hell, they haven't had the guts to declare war (that's their responsibility) since WW2 and we haven't won one war since.

If a person has a problem with immigration laws, they should point their finger at the Legislative Branch.

(rammer: You can post a Hillary thread. Feel free to discuss how she would have been a great President. Worldwide Politics is unmoderated. I'm off the clock here. It's really relaxing.Can I mix you another margarita?)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rammer said:

Earlier this week, longtime Republican strategist Steve Schmidt dropped his party, saying the Trump administration is responsible for a “coarsening of this country” and calling the president a “useful idiot” for Russia. He, too, called for a Democratic wave in the midterms.

\

Steve Schmidt is the ignorant fool who ran John McCain's presidential campaign.He is part of the Washington DC swamp that needs to be drained.You are so obsessed with your hatred of Donald Trump that you are unable to see why voters elected Trump president. His election did not represent Democrats vs Republicans,Trump represented the American working people vs the Washington DC establishment swamp.Steve Schmidt is just now showing his true colors. Yeah,building up our military really makes Trump a useful idiot for Russia doesn't it. Steve Schmidt is just displaying how he is a useful idiot for the Democrat Party..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rammer said:

Just some food for thought for you open minded people.  I think this is applicable to this thread.

Conservative George Will says vote against Republicans in midterms

Published: June 23, 2018 10:09 a.m. ET

The congressional Republican caucuses need to be substantially reduced, Will writes

MW-GL431_Will_g_20180623090444_ZH.jpg?uuid=ffbde9a8-76e5-11e8-ab71-ac162d7bc1f7Getty Images
George Will, in 2009, at a Fox News event.
MW-EK117_beals__NS_20160412145702.jpg

By

RACHELKONING BEALS

NEWS EDITOR

Calling lame duck House Speaker Paul Ryan and others the “president’s poodles,” conservative columnist George Will says the virtual radio silence from Republicans in power over President Trump’s border policy means the GOP has to go.

Zero-tolerance border policy was ‘the most telegenic example of misrule.’ George Will

Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy at the border was “the most telegenic example of misrule” and it provided “fresh if redundant evidence for the principle by which” independents and moderate Republicans should vote in the November midterms, Will wrote Friday in the Washington Post. As part of the policy — which Trump pinned on loopholes created by Democrats — families were separated and young children held in questionable conditions before the president later reversed the separation mandate.

Will said a GOP majority’s position to fill any upcoming Supreme Court vacancies is too high a price to pay for undermining the executive and legislative dysfunction he tagged in this column and other comments.

Writes Will, “the congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers.”

“They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them,” he said.

“Not because James Madison’s system has failed but because today’s abject careerists have failed to be worthy of it,” Will wrote. “Congressional Republicans (congressional Democrats are equally supine toward Democratic presidents) have no higher ambition than to placate this president.”

Party criticism comes after a tumultuous week for Trump, during which the president ultimately signed an executive order to stop the practice of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border, although it’s not yet clear how divided families will be reunited. The president followed up his policy reversal with a White House event featuring family members of victims killed by individuals in the United States illegally.

The president told Republicans late week to stop “wasting their time” on immigration but was tweeting on the matter again early Saturday.

Will’s condemnation of a Trump policy is not new but the column shows little mercy for the GOP congressional leadership, and arguably, a party in flux, Will’s own party.

Earlier this week, longtime Republican strategist Steve Schmidt dropped his party, saying the Trump administration is responsible for a “coarsening of this country” and calling the president a “useful idiot” for Russia. He, too, called for a Democratic wave in the midterms.

George Will is just part of the Washington DC swamp.I characterize George Will,Steve Hayes,Jonah Goldberg,and other elitist intellectual conservatives as the Conservative wing of the Washington DC establishment. If you look at Donald Trump's actual accomplishments as president,and not just his rhetoric, you will see that his policies are much more conservative than either of the Bushs' presidency's. Goerge Will and the others I mentioned are just ivory tower conservatives who pontificate about political issues,but have never done anything in the real world to put those theories into practice. Trump is in the real world what they claim to be in their intellectual,highbrow,elitist,non stinking shit,theoretical world where reality never creeps in. Donald Trump has been implementing the conservative policies they have been promoting their whole careers as so called conservative political pundits. 

• Like 4

Is it really surprising that the five wealthiest counties in the U.S. surround Washington DC ? That's where are these elitist political pricks live the good life at the expense of working class America. Donald Trump is blowing up their little game and now they're fighting back. The establishment is scared shitless that they are actually going to lose their influence and control over the American people.Must keep the American working class under control so that the Washington elite can continue their little game. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

This thread was originally about illegal immigration. Now it's about trashing Trump and US immigration laws because of the "evil" Trump who wishes to enforce the laws that Congress has passed. Change the laws if need be. Ultimately Congress needs to get off it's dead ass. The US has as much right to defend its sovereignty as any other nation whether it be Mexico, Sweden, or France. Can we at least agree that something must be done here? Or are our elected representatives so scared of losing elections that they must remain paralyzed? Hell, they haven't had the guts to declare war (that's their responsibility) since WW2 and we haven't won one war since.

If a person has a problem with immigration laws, they should point their finger at the Legislative Branch.

(rammer: You can post a Hillary thread. Feel free to discuss how she would have been a great President. Worldwide Politics is unmoderated. I'm off the clock here. It's really relaxing.Can I mix you another margarita?)

That's the beauty of Donald Trump.He ran for president because he believed certain things needed to be done to improve our country and he is attempting to implement those policies regardless of political blow back.If the American people agree with what he is doing they will reelect him,if not,they will vote him out of office. At least he is not like other politicians who look at elected office as a career.With most politicians the purpose of being elected is so that they can be reelected. Trump sees himself as being there to do a job for the American people and not to have a permanent political career.

• Like 2

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

This is how you become an U.S. Citizen.

She applied, waited, and studied so hard she fell asleep in her American history books on more than one night. She learned our language, passed the naturalization exams, and earned the right to call herself an American!

• Like 2

In a weekend tv interview,Jeh Johnson,the Homeland Security Secretary for the Obama Administration,confirmed that the Obama Administration did detain some immigrant children alone and some immigrant families together at the border.He also confirmed that the 2014 photos of immigrant children being held in cages were authentic. So why didn't the news media make a big deal out of the children in cages in 2014 like they are doing now? I think the answer to that question is very apparent.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

In a weekend tv interview,Jeh Johnson,the Homeland Security Secretary for the Obama Administration,confirmed that the Obama Administration did detain some immigrant children alone and some immigrant families together at the border.He also confirmed that the 2014 photos of immigrant children being held in cages were authentic. So why didn't the news media make a big deal out of the children in cages in 2014 like they are doing now? I think the answer to that question is very apparent.

Obama done things a lot more discreetly.  Donald Trump he just has to make sure he's in the Headlines every fucking day of the week. If the Spotlight is not on him he'll Blame the Democrats for it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Obama done things a lot more discreetly.  Donald Trump he just has to make sure he's in the Headlines every fucking day of the week. If the Spotlight is not on him he'll Blame the Democrats for it.

Finally a voice of reason.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:07 AM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Foamy I would take a mixed margarita anytime from you.  Unfortunatey logistics will get involved and it would be a problem.  I'll make one and you'll make one and then we'll  have two between us.  That's the best we  can do.  We can enjoy it all together. Nice little fonts though. Kudos.

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Sometimes you raise hell to make changes, sometimes you use a soft voice. Both tactics are very effective. Trump is arrogant bastard no doubt about that. But the ideas he ran on were very well received by majority of this country to the tune of 63 million votes. So I would ask you, do you think the people voted for Trump, or what he represents in political views. 68% of the American people want immigration addressed. 

Rammer you have said nobody ever posts what they think should be done about Immigration, I did however, if you took the time to view the gumball video, I do agree with the summation of that video. I will add this. so do the two young men in my basement agree. We will probably never see eye to eye on our political views, but does that make either one of wrong in our beliefs, No it does not. Some where over the rainbow there is ground that we all can agree on, and that is starting point that congress needs to find to solve our problems that plague the USA. What has been going on for the last 12 to 15 years is not working, since we healed up from 9/11